Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it possible that with so many early reservations changing to a soft top, that some with later reservation dates are having their build weeks bumped?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6g only represents a SMALL fraction of the orders, so saying "so many" is not entirely correct.
In fact, from what I have read, the regular non-enthusiast customers are mostly NOT changing their orders. Probably due to piss poor dealer communications.
So I'd guess the few here that are changing probably does not have much of an effect.

OP
OP
FTBronco9

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

6g only represents a SMALL fraction of the orders, so saying "so many" is not entirely correct.
In fact, from what I have read, the regular non-enthusiast customers are mostly NOT changing their orders. Probably due to piss poor dealer communications.
So I'd guess the few here that are changing probably does not have much of an effect.
Maybe, but from what I’m reading on here is that a lot of us, 6g members, are getting pushed back and a lot of us are changing to a soft top. I guess in my mind it makes sense. Just not sure if the reservations still play a part after you’ve been scheduled for a build week.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just my guess. So few switched and so few hardtops will be available that they have decided to build plain Jane softys for dealer stock when that time comes.
Even with the new top ready, they still will not meet hardtop demand and customer soft tops will be built pretty quickly....as other commodities allow.

Top configuration is just one hurdle.
Other commodity restraints.
Dealer allocations.
FE priorities.

It's a scheduling nightmare I'm sure.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it possible that with so many early reservations changing to a soft top, that some with later reservation dates are having their build weeks bumped?
So hard to know about the bumping! Mine went from 6/21 to 7/8 to 6/28 to 7/22 with no apparent logic except commodity. Changing from MIC to soft top was not a viable option for many of us who had VIN numbers in the Spring, because at that time a Soft Top meant your post production hard top would never have a functioning rear window (electric/washer/stalk). Why buy a permanently damaged vehicle? Some 4,000 of us stuck with the MIC, had production dates from about 6/28 and through July and into August, and are in Purgatory . . . Hopefully soon to be released. To me, that boat-style canvas top is a great seasonal accessory, but not suitable as a year round top, so I chose to wait for MIC instead of getting a soft top. I'd do it again.

Once Ford announced in August that beginning with September Production you could have the "kit" and the connections for a post production Hard Top, there was more interest in changing to a softie, IMO, combined with building frustration over production delays. However, by fall, there are fewer vehicles being scheduled and we'll see how many Soft Top vehicles are being built for the 2021 model year whose owners really wanted hard tops..

To me, the biggest design & Production mistake Ford made was not building all Broncos from day 1 with full capacity for either top. Several of us on the forums pushed for that as early as January and February. Then, it wouldn't have mattered what top we bought, all options were open for the future. The MIC problem wouldnt have mattered so much. But it took them till September to do what should have happened in March. Of course, easy to say after the fact!
Sponsored

Last edited: