Sponsored

Regarding Ford's 5/28 email: If Ford pre-installed wiper hookups on soft tops would you switch?

Regarding Ford's 5/28 email: If Ford pre-installed wiper hookups on soft tops would you switch?

• Total voters

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning to move back north after military retirement. Cold and soft tops don’t work well together.
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Planning to move back north after military retirement. Cold and soft tops don’t work well together.
But if Ford delivered a hardtop before the winter and you had your Bronco this summer?

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sure, I’m biased because I ordered a soft top without caring, but I’m a bit surprised at how much people appear to care about a rear wiper. Defrost seems more important but gets mentioned less. 🤷‍♂️
You obviously don’t live somewhere that has rain regularly. “🤷🏼‍♂️

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I use my rear wiper and defroster it's important to know what is behind you everyone driving to long to remember any safe driving skills.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Waiting for the MIC top here. I will be using the Bronco as a DD and have no use for a removable top so my MIC will never get removed. Top down in the summer means sweating your butt off, and I still have enough dark hair that the noon sun feels like it is cooking my brain. I just don't care for soft tops. I've had three of them on my off road rigs and don't need another.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hot and soft tops don't work either. In Arizona we have months of sunny, 105 degree days. The mat finished, black soft top is going to absorb heat better than a solar panel, and transfer all that heat back inside. How's that going to feel in the cabin?

Also, no convertible top I've ever had lasted more than 10 years, here it will be more like 5, due to the horrible, scorching heat and the ozone. I guess rushing to have a Bronco that heats up the inside to uncomfortable levels, and wears out quickly requiring an expensive replacement isn't for me.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford, don't tell me problems, tell me solutions. Give ALL Broncos hookups for wipers and third brake lights. You will see a FLOOD of people switch to soft tops.
You should add a choice for “Is it 2022 yet?” (Though I am worried at this point if they can fix the problem in time to launch mod tops—and thus Heritage—in early 2022.)

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vital though? 🤔
Ah, yes... for me it is. You may be different. One of the few things I see as a head-scratcher on the Bronco is the absence of defroster/wiper connections if you opt for the soft top, but it is what it is. The original plan was to order both tops, but after the order banks were preparing to open and options/packages were known I did not hesitate and chose the hard top. I'll decide over Winter/Spring '22 if I want to order a soft top.

I get it... many want their Broncos and want it right now, but I want my Bronco the way I want it. I'm not removing certain options just to be among the first... didn't think I was going to take delivery this Summer, so I have patience.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hot and soft tops don't work either. In Arizona we have months of sunny, 105 degree days. The mat finished, black soft top is going to absorb heat better than a solar panel, and transfer all that heat back inside. How's that going to feel in the cabin?

Also, no convertible top I've ever had lasted more than 10 years, here it will be more like 5, due to the horrible, scorching heat and the ozone. I guess rushing to have a Bronco that heats up the inside to uncomfortable levels, and wears out quickly requiring an expensive replacement isn't for me.
Exactly. Show me a soft top made of any kind of canvas style material that'll survive more than 3-4 Arizona summers (where the UV rating really does go to 11), and I'll show you a miracle.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m on the 2D train so...yeah, that fastback is hard to swallow.

I’d would step forward like Fry yelling “take my money” and purchase my Bronco with a soft top if and only if the hard top was delivered to a local dealer at no cost when ready and the hookups were included. At which point the soft top would never be used again.

(Not going to happen)
Sponsored