Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I've my doors off all summer and it's been awesome to say the least. Decided to reinstall for a longer trip. Reinstalled the passenger side no problem. Went to install the drive door and it will not seat right. I did use to guide pin as well. Once it lowers all the way down on the guide pin and where the top bolt goes the door seams to forward and cannot open all the way or close all the way. I tried till I was worn out from holding the door. The icing on the cake is I took the passenger door off to compare and make sure everything looked the same and now it's doing the same thing as the driver door. I feel like an idiot lol. Anyone else had this problem or have any clue what's going on? Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The door has to be clocked properly to the hingeā€¦ kinda like a socket on a ratchet. The door spring /detent is in the hinge and requires that mating to hold the door from swinging wildly open. So once you set it onto the pins, rotate it (open/close) a little ways in or out and it should drop the rest of the way down. Donā€™t let go of it until it drops that last bit though, because it can slip off of the lower hinge.

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The door has to be clocked properly to the hingeā€¦ kinda like a socket on a ratchet. The door spring /detent is in the hinge and requires that mating to hold the door from swinging wildly open. So once you set it onto the pins, rotate it (open/close) a little ways in or out and it should drop the rest of the way down. Donā€™t let go of it until it drops that last bit though, because it can slip off of the lower hinge.
Thank you. I will give this a try.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly right, youā€™ll notice as soon as it drops into place. Donā€™t let go until it fully seats unless you like giving yourself a heart attack šŸ˜‚

Edit: After you snug the bolts, come back a day or two later to make sure theyā€™re nice and tight. If any of the bolts loosen up youā€™ll notice a super irritating noise from the hinge.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand how we can take them off in one position, and then put them back on in the same position, but they don't line up? I'm thinking some kind of marks on hinges to line up...

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Putting them on is dIfficult for sure. Iā€™m 5ā€™5ā€ and struggle to see the hinge points for one. Then I have to wiggle a little to get them to pop down correctly in position. Lastly, I have to do it all again in wifeā€™s Bronco. LOL

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is exactly right, youā€™ll notice as soon as it drops into place. Donā€™t let go until it fully seats unless you like giving yourself a heart attack šŸ˜‚

Edit: After you snug the bolts, come back a day or two later to make sure theyā€™re nice and tight. If any of the bolts loosen up youā€™ll notice a super irritating noise from the hinge.
This is absolutely correct. Your doors will talk to you if the bolts are not tight enough so if you here this creaky noise when you open/close a door, check the bolts.

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still can't get them to seat correctly. They won't slide down on all the correctly and when they do they are so far forward they won't close or open all the way. Beyond frustrating me. I'm sure it's something very minor I'm not seeing. But I cannot figure it out yet. May have to look like an even bigger idiot and go to the dealer lol.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still can't get them to seat correctly. They won't slide down on all the correctly and when they do they are so far forward they won't close or open all the way. Beyond frustrating me. I'm sure it's something very minor I'm not seeing. But I cannot figure it out yet. May have to look like an even bigger idiot and go to the dealer lol.
Can you have someone video the issue youā€™re having when you try to reinstall so we can figure out what is going on. Only have had my doors off once but didnā€™t encounter this problem.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you post up a pic of the upper door hinges on the door. Specifically the part with the square hole in it? The flange has a pair of flat cuts on the outside of it. Want to see how itā€™s clocked.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll try to when I get home. I appreciate the help guys.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've my doors off all summer and it's been awesome to say the least. Decided to reinstall for a longer trip. Reinstalled the passenger side no problem. Went to install the drive door and it will not seat right. I did use to guide pin as well. Once it lowers all the way down on the guide pin and where the top bolt goes the door seams to forward and cannot open all the way or close all the way. I tried till I was worn out from holding the door. The icing on the cake is I took the passenger door off to compare and make sure everything looked the same and now it's doing the same thing as the driver door. I feel like an idiot lol. Anyone else had this problem or have any clue what's going on? Thanks in advance guys.
Probably the door was not fully open when removed. It gets easier the more you do it, but there is a definite technique to this. 1st put the bolts where you can reach them while holding the door with your outside hand on the door handle. the floor close to the jamb works best for me, but I can reach them on the seat as well. Now w/both hands on the door get it onto the guide pin in the lower hinge as best you can. Very carefully use your inside hand to grab the long bolt for the upper and try to start it loosely in the upper hinge threads. If you cant it's because you are tilting the door...even if it's clocked wrong the upper long bolt will start. Get it started a couple of turns, then rest a sec...it can't fall off if that bolt is started and the guide pin is in the lower hole. Now gently move the door open/closed while lifting and lowering it. SHHHHKUNK it should fall into place. If it doesn't make any noise, but you think it dropped in, the lower guide pin will be able to be unthreaded by hand. If the guide pin is hard to turn, you don't have it yet, keep working on it.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take a step away and start tomorrowā€¦. Youll end up damaging the paint etcā€¦. Pauseā€¦.trust me you can damage the paint instantly.. I even had rubber up and down the doors and still chipped a 1 inch section of paint. Now i pretape with painters tape under the rubber liners I Useā€¦.. I wish I didnt care about paint but I do

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks fellas. Gonna try these ideas when I get a chance