Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand Sasquatch and hardtop, but Base? Really? And I believe you can still order a Heritage and Wildtrack which comes with Sasquatch, so I don't really see why it is only these three options.
Oh wait. They won't let you order a Base? I thought you meant Base with Sas and that's what I would understand. I don't see why they wouldn't let you order a stock Base without Sas. That seems odd.
Sponsored

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you ordering a 4dr or 2dr? If 2dr, you'd get the hardtop at least. BD would get you the rear locker at least among other things. SAS in my opinion would be the biggest thing I'd miss out of the 3 limiting factors. Lux to me is a rip off, but to each their own. Mid would be a nice add to make up for some of it.
Im ordering a 4dr. I wanted a 4dr basesquatch with hardtop because its the best bang for your buck with 35s, front and rear locker for under $45,000. Next best thing is a BD, a few grand more but at least you get the rear locker.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I understand Sasquatch and hardtop, but Base? Really? And I believe you can still order a Heritage and Wildtrack which comes with Sasquatch, so I don't really see why it is only these three options.
They have SAS allotted to build those trim levels. They don't have the SAS pkg to build all the optioned packages on the other trims. At least that's my understanding of the current situation. That's why they asked people a few months ago to change their orders away from these 3 contraints.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It all just kinda sucks and yes some of the luster is gone from this whole experience for me. I was originally a July 24, 2020 reservation, then put in an Oct 1, 2020 reservation to "buy me some time until I took delivery"... yeah, that worked! LOL.

I understand your frustration for sure. I'd put in an order for something you want. Then I'd start researching to see if you can find your BaseSAS somewhere in your region or nationwide if you're willing to travel. Good luck to you.

Miltyflo

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully they do limit the constrained items when they do open up the order banks again or they will just repeat the rinse cycle of what we are experiencing now. They are so close to getting all outstanding orders taken care of hopefully!

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully they do limit the constrained items when they do open up the order banks again or they will just repeat the rinse cycle of what we are experiencing now. They are so close to getting all outstanding orders taken care of hopefully!
If they don't, it's going to come back to dealer allocation. In that scenario, we will see March 2023 new retail orders get pulled before reservations/orders still waiting from 2020 and 2021. I'd hope they clear their backlog out, then fully open back up all the options to new retail order holders.

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the caveats of "this is a somewhat informed guess" and "with Ford, who knows", based on other commentary my impression was that Ford has caught up on Base model orders and isn't building any Base ,regardless, until Q3. I took this as they will build new Base models based on new orders, if the order banks open. However, it also seems that new orders cannot have, or will be highly restricted as to, the three deadly sins of SAS, LUX and MIC (4-door).

Again, who knows until FMCo officially says something (and then changes their mind).

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And I believe you can still order a Heritage and Wildtrack which comes with Sasquatch, so I don't really see why it is only these three options.
I have been trying to get clarification on exactly this. I was told if they submit my BB SAS build on the 27th it would push it way into ā€˜24. I asked about a HE because SAS is baked in and dealer had no idea if Ford would even take Heritage orders.

i donā€™t need SAS but I would rather get the package just to have it since this will be a long term vehicle for me. I hear itā€™s the tires that is causing constraints. Hell build my SAS with BD steelies and 32s and Iā€™d be happy as a clam.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have been trying to get clarification on exactly this. I was told if they submit my BB SAS build on the 27th it would push it way into ā€˜24. I asked about a HE because SAS is baked in and dealer had no idea if Ford would even take Heritage orders.

i donā€™t need SAS but I would rather get the package just to have it since this will be a long term vehicle for me. I hear itā€™s the tires that is causing constraints. Hell build my SAS with BD steelies and 32s and Iā€™d be happy as a clam.
There were rumors' that it was the tires but I think that's been debunked and more of an issue with the forged wheels.

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guy (dealer) told me this past Friday that they opened today (Monday the 20th)as well. I talked to another guy at another dealer and he said no the 27th. Its interesting that dealer to dealer they're getting different info.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford said March 27th but noted it was subject to change. However, when has Ford delivered anything Bronco on time, let alone a week early?

Chalk it up to "my dealer said..." until you get some confirmation here from a reputable source.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yea, I do not believe they are open yet, I have a salesperson ready to submit my order, and I think he is pretty on top of it-he even gives me updates-crazy

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the caveats of "this is a somewhat informed guess" and "with Ford, who knows", based on other commentary my impression was that Ford has caught up on Base model orders and isn't building any Base ,regardless, until Q3. I took this as they will build new Base models based on new orders, if the order banks open. However, it also seems that new orders cannot have, or will be highly restricted as to, the three deadly sins of SAS, LUX and MIC (4-door).

Again, who knows until FMCo officially says something (and then changes their mind).
That is what I thought too, until I saw that message from my dealer. I figured I would be safe with a Base, but the hard top and Sasquatch could be a risk. My dealer did not mention Wildtrak or Lux as a restriction for March 27 orders through, which I would have expected.

Base_Squatch33

Black Diamond
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would love it if they could build me a SAS without the constrained Goodyear tires and just throw on something temporary. I heard they are not the best offroad tires anyway.

OP
OP
TTUHoopsFans

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Asked him for clarification and he claims they are open now lol

Ford Bronco REMINDER: 2023 Bronco Order Banks Opens 3/27 for 24 hours Only. Base Model, Everglades, Manual Transmission Won't Be Available F8F2B066-CC43-4749-AB66-848BA2AEEFC0
Sponsored