AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be very clear, if I went through COVP in the fall as part of the model 22 to 23 transition, I have my new signed DORA, dealer copied my license, and I received a confirmation email from Ford that they received my updated 23 order, IS THERE ANYTHING that I need to do if I am not amending my order?
No. sounds like your dealership already COVP'd your order when they were supposed to. Most likely same time you gave your license and signed the build sheet. That is how it is supposed to work.

Dealerships need to upload a signed build sheet and an ID to Ford. That is the COVP process. As long as those are there it gets approved.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. sounds like your dealership already COVP'd your order when they were supposed to. Most likely same time you gave your license and signed the build sheet. That is how it is supposed to work.

Dealerships need to upload a signed build sheet and an ID to Ford. That is the COVP process. As long as those are there it gets approved.
Great! Thank you!

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would Ford want to do that? Seriously why? Admin is soon to be gone as the interest rates continue to rise and the economy slows down. This time next year they will be selling below sticker with rebates.
Why did Ford do away with the reservation order and switch to allocation? Big dealers whined like toddlers, same thing now, big stealerships want control of the market and have enough whining power to get what they want

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last chance for your dealership to COVP your order! Any non-COVP'd order after March 7th will be automatically canceled and removed from WBDO system.

Double check with your salesman/managers to ensure they have completed the COVP process. Currently 28% of Bronco orders have not been COVP'd and approved!!

Also, if you have made changes or canceled your order so that you receive the $2500 offer, make sure your dealership has completed the update process in COVP. Your certs will not populate until they do so.

1677163986267.png
This quote “Currently 28% of Bronco orders have not been COVP'd and approved!!” confuses me. I thought the purpose of the COVP being completed by 11/21/2023 was to purge the unwanted orders. This quote makes it sound like the purging never happened and that these orders were carried over anyway. Is that correct or are they doing a COVP 2.0 and another purge?

OP
OP
Alpha1_Silverback

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This quote “Currently 28% of Bronco orders have not been COVP'd and approved!!” confuses me. I thought the purpose of the COVP being completed by 11/21/2023 was to purge the unwanted orders. This quote makes it sound like the purging never happened and that these orders were carried over anyway. Is that correct or are they doing a COVP 2.0 and another purge?
the original date was Nov. it was extended to Jan. and now is march 7th. Which is the last day to amend your order if you choose to. NO "purge" was done. It will happen after march 7th

Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the original date was Nov. it was extended to Jan. and now is march 7th. Which is the last day to amend your order if you choose to. NO "purge" was done. It will happen after march 7th
Thank you for clearing this up!

jcampbelldds

Badlands
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if they did what they said in November (and purge the orders), it may have not been necessary to make everyone change their orders. Who’s to say it even happens in March???

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I honestly can't remember if I did COVP or not. I know that sounds terrible but I can't remember. My dealership is about 3 hours away and everything has been thru phone and email. I don't remember sending a copy of my license but might have. ANYWAY, I have a scheduled for build the week of 3/27. I would assume if I made it to production I'm good to go. Anybody??

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I honestly can't remember if I did COVP or not. I know that sounds terrible but I can't remember. My dealership is about 3 hours away and everything has been thru phone and email. I don't remember sending a copy of my license but might have. ANYWAY, I have a scheduled for build the week of 3/27. I would assume if I made it to production I'm good to go. Anybody??
None of this applies to you. You are scheduled.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only 22,000 unscheduled in US Order Bank - and now 28% could be cancelled soon with no COVP. That would leave only about 15,800 unscheduled orders. Maybe another reason for people to Hold Fast and not change their Build

To me it's disappointing to see people drop SQ pkg - one of the best and most useful features offered with Broncos. I would drop LUX in a heartbeat - not even possible with Black Diamond. And maybe MIC ? But I'd never drop SQ pkg
It pained me a little to not get the WildTrak, but... realizing that I would be getting the OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 with high, aux, and tow under $40k (if they built it) was enough to soothe me.

So, ya, I dropped the HOSS 3.0... I am just going to have to get a nicer suspension, install the 3.0 steering rack, and put it on 37's. I will manage to get over it.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for doing the math. I remembered the earlier claim that the USOB only had 22k orders. Which if allocation is ignored, Ford could easily schedule those 22k over the next 6 months. If Ford doesn't once again extend the deadline and follows through with purging the order banks that have not undergone COVP, then 16k is a little more than 2600 Broncos per month.
I am willing to bet that a large portion of that 28% belongs to dealers being shady and people who had multiple orders in the system. I bet a large number of them get canceled bringing down the real number closer to 16k.

BTW, the previous purge did happen, but it was only to all of the orders that were priority 99.

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am willing to bet that a large portion of that 28% belongs to dealers being shady and people who had multiple orders in the system. I bet a large number of them get canceled bringing down the real number closer to 16k.

BTW, the previous purge did happen, but it was only to all of the orders that were priority 99.
Oh okay...that does ring a bell now that you mention it. I guess I assumed if the order did not go through the COVP process, it too, would also be cancelled.

Leadville

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It pained me a little to not get the WildTrak, but... realizing that I would be getting the OBX 2d 2.7 adv 4x4 with high, aux, and tow under $40k (if they built it) was enough to soothe me.

So, ya, I dropped the HOSS 3.0... I am just going to have to get a nicer suspension, install the 3.0 steering rack, and put it on 37's. I will manage to get over it.
I changed my order for a number of reasons. First, I know that my reservation is late in the queue. Second, two doors, it's already enough of a crap shoot. Third, the money was an incentive.

The current MSRP of the modified order is $51,020. The price I should be seeing (after the Granger deal, price protection, and the $2500) $39k for an Outer Banks 2d 2.7 Adv 4x4 w/ high, aux, tow is nearly unbeatable value for money.

Sure, it's less capable than the Badlands non-sasquatch, but nothing I can't fix for a few dollars (non-sasquatch Badlands 2d 2.7 with high and tow is $6k more - and probably worth it but the girlfriend wants carpet and cloth interior).

The WildTrak with Lux and Tow was going to be well north of $50k with price protection and the Granger deal (current MSRP for that 2 door WildTrak with Lux and Tow is $60,165).
. . .
I have a non-sasquatch Outer Banks, except I have a Badlands suspension (shocks/springs) and a HOSS 3.0 steering rack. Sure, I don't have a front locker (currently), but I have just about everything else. If I want to add a front locker, I easily could (and probably will since I just got a FDU and rear gears for a great price) or I will install the Torsen as I originally planned.

. . The bottom line is that it's not a totally different vehicle, and the fact that I am looking at under $40k for an OBX adv 4x4 with aux, high, and tow vs over $50k for a WildTrak with lux and tow. I can do quite a bit with $10k for modifications.
Yeah but as said last week, not everyone's highly trained F-15 / F-18 / F-22 flight & mech engr pro. (correct me if saying it wrong) With knowledge & skills well beyond 99th-percentile. You can drop SQ pkg and then build something better with the $15k price/deal extra

Most owners wouldn't know which parts to get and how to install them. And their avg 4WD mod-shop might not know either. For most people the SQ pkg is prob their one chance to get it right

When I say "disappointing to see people drop SQ" I'm talking about the avg owner - not you. I expect your build will become better than Wildtrak. No one's worried about you . . . lolol

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah but as said last week, not everyone's highly trained F-15 / F-18 / F-22 flight & mech engr pro. (correct me if saying it wrong) With knowledge & skills well beyond 99th-percentile. You can drop SQ pkg and then build something better with the $15k price/deal extra

Most owners wouldn't know which parts to get and how to install them. And their avg 4WD mod-shop might not know either. For most people the SQ pkg is prob their one chance to get it right

When I say "disappointing to see people drop SQ" I'm talking about the avg owner - not you. I expect your build will become better than Wildtrak. No one's worried about you . . . lolol
Never worked on the F-18 or F-22, just F-15's as a low level avionics tech (although I did help out with comms between the ATF and F-15's) and a little bit of computer software work as part of the B-2 program. I haven't worked on aircraft for over 20 years...

So I can only claim average skills and abilities. ;) You are right though, I probably don't need anyone worried about me and modifying my Bronco.

I guess that it's a fair point that I am above the 50th percentile, but some days I doubt that when I see the work of @BigMeatsBronco and others.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, this is good news. Let’s hope the remainder gets a build date in the next few weeks. Thought I heard Tim say in his podcast that Ford only has 3,900 2-doors remaining to be scheduled. Maybe they get us all next week!
Sponsored