Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I try to never just start and drive my cars I routinely remote start for a t least 5 minutes. My other vehicles would have a cutoff temp that the heated seats would not turn in automatically. Seems the bronco does not it was in the high 70’s yesterday and above 60 this morning and they still came on. I know they can be disabled in the system but my bronco is going back the the dealer tomorrow and didn’t know if it was worth mentioning to the service writer. If that’s just how it is then I’ll change the setting until fall.
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s an outside temp above which they won’t turn on… may be 70F actually. So there may not be a problem. Might be worth asking to make sure.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my wifes 2022 explorer remembers what setting it was on last so if you shut it off with the seats on the 2nd heat level it will start up that way. I'm sure there is a max outside temp before it doesn't do that but being in MN we haven't seen it yet lol

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s an outside temp above which they won’t turn on… may be 70F actually. So there may not be a problem. Might be worth asking to make sure.
I believe on my superduty it was 50* but I don’t know exactly I just remember when it was warm the seats weren’t in when I got in lol.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I try to never just start and drive my cars I routinely remote start for a t least 5 minutes. My other vehicles would have a cutoff temp that the heated seats would not turn in automatically. Seems the bronco does not it was in the high 70’s yesterday and above 60 this morning and they still came on. I know they can be disabled in the system but my bronco is going back the the dealer tomorrow and didn’t know if it was worth mentioning to the service writer. If that’s just how it is then I’ll change the setting until fall.
Modern cars don’t need to be warmed up like you’re doing. You’re just wasting fuel and creating more emissions.

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Modern cars don’t need to be warmed up like you’re doing. You’re just wasting fuel and creating more emissions.
If I had more than a 3 min drive to work I may agree with you. It’s important to get the oil up to temp otherwise you end up with excessive moisture in the engine. I also follow a the shorter oil change intervals and service recommendations. If I was worried a great deal about emissions I would have bought a Prius.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice mine does this as well... I mean it's turning on the AC and the heated seats 🤷

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol. And if it’s 10 degrees with vehicle parked outside does this still apply? At what temperature am I allowed to warm up my “earth warmers”?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. And if it’s 10 degrees with vehicle parked outside does this still apply? At what temperature am I allowed to warm up my “earth warmers”?
Is it 10° though? Even then, “they” say a minute is long enough for the mechanicals. For the windshield and your comfort, that’s of course different.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I had more than a 3 min drive to work I may agree with you. It’s important to get the oil up to temp otherwise you end up with excessive moisture in the engine. I also follow a the shorter oil change intervals and service recommendations. If I was worried a great deal about emissions I would have bought a Prius.
Ignorance is bliss

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it 10° though? Even then, “they” say a minute is long enough for the mechanicals. For the windshield and your comfort, that’s of course different.
Not in this example but certainly in many winter months it is. Seems like legit question based on your statement. Which if I’m honest is ridiculous.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my wifes 2022 explorer remembers what setting it was on last so if you shut it off with the seats on the 2nd heat level it will start up that way. I'm sure there is a max outside temp before it doesn't do that but being in MN we haven't seen it yet lol
So does the Bronco. We get some pretty big temp swings, so I'll use them in the morning then put the windows down on the drive home and wonder why my ass is on fire.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not in this example but certainly in many winter months it is. Seems like legit question based on your statement. Which if I’m honest is ridiculous.
[/QUOTE
You said you always do it though. It’s just a weird habit to be sticking up for. And you seem oddly sensitive about it. These aren’t my opinions, they’re facts.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i live in MN where we have days that never get above 0* in winter on occasion. There were stretches this last winter we never got above -5* and were as low as -35* for a week. Warming up your vehicle multiple times overnight and throughout the day just to make sure it doesn't deep freeze and kill the battery. At night my rig will be in a heated garage but while at work for 11 hours it just sits outside at my work. Warming up a vehicle here is a must. I've had mornings where my rig would be in the garage all nice and warm and started making creaking and odd noises as soon as it went outside because it went from 60* in the garage to -40* outside. winters can be brutal here
Sponsored