Sponsored

Remote start for manual transmission available via app?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I understand that for liability reasons, Ford doesn’t offer the remote start with a manual transmission. My question is, what about the Ford App? There is a way to start the car via the APP, but is that disabled on a stick shift as well?
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would assume it's disabled as well.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I understand that for liability reasons, Ford doesn’t offer the remote start with a manual transmission. My question is, what about the Ford App? There is a way to start the car via the APP, but is that disabled on a stick shift as well?
Manual mustangs are not offered with remote start in any capacity. So I would assume not.

Unless this is about saving money, I think its time for folks to give up the stick shift.

this is coming from a millennial who has always chosen to own a manual btw.

sports cars? Manuals are much slower than dual clutch at this point
fuel economy? Auto is better now.
Off roading? Honestly I don't know - but we will all spend more time in traffic jams than off road. Just saying.

ace119

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual mustangs are not offered with remote start in any capacity. So I would assume not.

Unless this is about saving money, I think its time for folks to give up the stick shift.

Off roading? Honestly I don't know - but we will all spend more time in traffic jams than off road. Just saying.
I don't think anyone is choosing a manual because it's more economical or convenient. Whether or not it's better offroad is an argument that's been had many times all over the internet, and I don't really have anything to add to that. I'm buying a manual Bronco because it's fun, it's a more engaged driving experience, and because new manual vehicles are hard to find.

I agree that dual clutch is the best for super high performance cars, but that argument isn't really relevant to the Bronco. I doubt that many of us are worried about fuel economy either.

I wouldn't be in the market for a Bronco if it was only automatic. I also don't care about the remote start not being available, I might use it if I had it but it's not a high priority for me.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's an invitation to a lawsuit you can't win for either Ford or any shop which installs a remote start module on a manual transmission car.

When I worked in car stereos as a teen we all had remote start in our manual transmission cars. But we installed them ourselves and away from the shop.

The easiest module I know of these days is from compustar (https://www.compustar.com/bundles/rs1b-al/). You should be aware that if you have any form of remote start in your vehicle and it lurches forward, hitting anything, you essentially have zero protection from whatever lawsuit follows. It's most likely also a violation of your insurance policy (This was the case back then, i'm not sure if insurance carriers still include language specifically for manual transmission vehicles as they are all mostly gone from the world these days).

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a huge, unnecessary risk to me. But even living in the Midwest I don't use remote start anyways so you do you boo.

RLIRL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Octane ZSR
Your Bronco Model
Base

that’s what a crawler gear is for

BroncoBass

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm totally interested in adding a remote start with the Manual transmission. Surely there is a neutral safety? Ideally, I would want it to be activated by the app though. My wife just got a first edition bronco sport, and the remote start from the app is just waaay too convenient. I'm curious if there will be a hack to get this done.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual remote start has been around for a long time. I’m not aware of any OEM that does it, but I have used the Vioer system.

The way it works is this- you sit in the car running. You put on the parking brake. You hold the aux button on the remote while the car is running- won’t work if parking brake is not engaged.

Now a light blinks and you have maybe 5 seconds to exit the car while it is running- parking brake engaged. You exit the vehicle and once you lock the doors- vehicle shuts down.

If you open a door, trunk, or unlock the car- you have to do the entire sequence again. The car does a self check before it starts- so if the parking brake is not enabled it won’t start.

Can you be sued- sure. But how is that different from the countless other mods that we do with off-road only parts. I mean cmon people. It’s not as expensive as you think either but man you better pay to get it done by a legit shop or do it yourself.
Sponsored