First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
On a lot of vehicles you can get away with just reprogramming the remote or getting a remote with the start button, then turning on remote start on the ECU. Does anyone know if this might be possible? The Q50 I’m driving right now came without remote start. I bought an extra fob with the start button, then had a key guy program it. Works like a charm.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I could see it as a possibility (automatic of course).

If that were the case, you don't even need the key cuz you could just use the app.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All broncos, even those without the mid package that includes remote start, can use the app to remote start.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
All broncos, even those without the mid package that includes remote start, can use the app to remote start.
That’s good to know. Although I’d prefer the fob since is basically 1 step. As opposed to grabbing my phone, open app, press start. Pretty lazy, I know

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s good to know. Although I’d prefer the fob since is basically 1 step. As opposed to grabbing my phone, open app, press start. Pretty lazy, I know
The fob is better anyways. It works everytime, no cell phone or connection needed, no delay. It will be interesting to find out if its like your Q50 and people need to only get a remote start fob programmed to add remote start to their bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The fob is better anyways. It works everytime, no cell phone or connection needed, no delay. It will be interesting to find out if its like your Q50 and people need to only get a remote start fob programmed to add remote start to their bronco.
Agreed. I’m sure we will know pretty quickly once the right people get their hands on Broncos

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Even with a manual transmission?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On a lot of vehicles you can get away with just reprogramming the remote or getting a remote with the start button, then turning on remote start on the ECU. Does anyone know if this might be possible? The Q50 I’m driving right now came without remote start. I bought an extra fob with the start button, then had a key guy program it. Works like a charm.
Historically, the F150 needed an antenna and hood switch installed (plugged into existing, available pigtails), then programmed in ForScan, then remote FOBs paired. Don't know if the Bronco will be the same but at least Ford has a history of it being easy.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even with a manual transmission?
Nowadays remote starts are equipped with a neutral lock out. They won’t start if not left in neutral. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still available in the ECU.

OP
OP
Bronc-itis

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Historically, the F150 needed an antenna and hood switch installed (plugged into existing, available pigtails), then programmed in ForScan, then remote FOBs paired. Don't know if the Bronco will be the same but at least Ford has a history of it being easy.
Hood switch is easy. Or just tap into the light that comes on when the hood opens. Pretty sure they have made advancements in the tech since then.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nowadays remote starts are equipped with a neutral lock out. They won’t start if not left in neutral. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still available in the ECU.
You're talking about aftermarket units. I thought we were talking about adding OEM remote start. Ford doesn't offer OEM remote start on the manual Bronco.

Hood switch is easy. Or just tap into the light that comes on when the hood opens. Pretty sure they have made advancements in the tech since then.
Again, I was talking about enabling the OEM remote start. For the F-150, the correct hood switch is available for a few bucks, bolts into an existing hole, and plugs into an existing pigtail. Cobbling something together with an underhood light (I haven't seen one of those in decades...) seems like a real hack in comparison.
Sponsored