charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So far, from the 2015-2020 F150s spreadsheet, here's the remote start options

Ford Bronco Remote Start - Manual Trans using FORScan Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.57.31 PM

Ford Bronco Remote Start - Manual Trans using FORScan Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 12.57.15 PM

For 2021 F150s, here's what they have:
Ford Bronco Remote Start - Manual Trans using FORScan Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 1.00.55 PM

My module reads :
720-02-02 0A08 D815
2021 Badlands 2.3 MT ST High pkg

I'm a little confused why for Dxxx, it shows RSCS, RSD, RSDS enabled with RSF disabled. I get why RSF is disabled, but why enable RSCS, RSD, RSDS? Autostart maybe?

For my x8xx, RSRD is enabled, which again I'm not sure why since I don't have remote start or rear defrost (soft top).

If anyone with an automatic reads this, what does your 720-02-02 module read, and what's your build? I'm assuming here 720-02-02 is the correct one based on the F150s, but I'm hoping to find a similar build as mine and compare modules

I know there is also the button activation aspect with remote start, It currently doesn't show up in my phone app (not sure how to turn that "ON"?).

I'm not above getting an extra key with remote start button and see how that goes to get the signal to start
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Auto Start/Stop system have a clutch interlock switch override? Because without that this whole thing isn't going to work.

But anyway, I haven't dug into Forscan on my Bronco yet because... well... I don't have a Bronco. But the FordPass app is tied directly to your VIN number. So even if the Bronco has a clutch interlock switch override and you are able to activate remote start/stop from Forscan, you won't get it in the FordPass app without someone at Ford going into whatever internal system they have to tell the computer that it is actually an automatic transmission.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford accessories offer remote start kits and keys. I was curious if this is plug and play and if it would work on the bronco manuals.

Supposedly you would need the key and the perimeter plus security system. I am genuinely curious if there’s an east way to add it without going crazy aftermarket systems

72591498-5EED-4D83-B2FB-7C62277E85E6.jpeg

OP
OP
Buck Your Bronco

Buck Your Bronco

Badlands
First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will confirm ASS next time I get in it, but I'm pretty sure it starts without clutch depressed. I'm not above putting a manual override switch in there if that's what it comes down to.

I don't really care if I use the App or key fob, I just want something.

having said that, I would bet that the app takes cues from the vehicle. yea I know it's tied to the VIN, but why would Ford bother with a separate database of VINS for this, when it can easily take a cue from the actual vehicle in question whether or not the button shows up. it's already talking to the vehicle whether it's unlocked, or locked, or windows etc, so it'd be a pretty easy for the app to say "hey dude, are you allowed to remote start?", but I'm just speculating

If I can get some other VIN modules to look at and verify the 720-02-02, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens

OP
OP
Buck Your Bronco

Buck Your Bronco

Badlands
First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed - ASS will start with no brake or clutch pedal pressed, so the computer definitely knows it’s in neutral and is totally cool starting without the clutch.

I found a few things in the f150 spreadsheet that look promising, the one in the BCM references above, which I think has to do with the key. but also I found one in the SYNC computer (forget what that’s called) that seems to be linked to the FordPass app. It had the remote start disabled for mine, but I found a base and a badlands with autos and both had remote start enabled on that location.

Once I get a few minutes to actually hook up the computer I’ll test them out

Sponsored

nic

Badlands
First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, it might be possible, but why would they prevent it? We gonna ruin our broncos doing this?

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So, it might be possible, but why would they prevent it? We gonna ruin our broncos doing this?
Car manufacturers for decades have refused to install remote start on manual trans cars. None wants the liability of accidentally starting the car in gear.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Car manufacturers for decades have refused to install remote start on manual trans cars. None wants the liability of accidentally starting the car in gear.
Or the liability of encouraging people to leave their car in neutral.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only you could have some sort of neutral switch same as a motorcycle has :p

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any more progress @Buck Your Bronco? I'm going to have to break some habits but this would be nice for those single digit mornings.

Since it knows when it's in neutral or not that's one safety concern eliminated.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Only if your neighbor's pond is deeper than 30"!

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Or the liability of encouraging people to leave their car in neutral.
This is what I’d be concerned about. I’ve only driven manual transmission vehicles since 2005, and I can’t tell you the last time I didn’t leave it in gear

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If only you could have some sort of neutral switch same as a motorcycle has :p
Handy for sure, but I always crank a bike with the clutch pulled in. Found out that was a good habit the hard way.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Handy for sure, but I always crank a bike with the clutch pulled in. Found out that was a good habit the hard way.
As do I, but my point is especially on the new Bronco there's already a gear position indicator and likely a clutch switch. How hard is it to add a couple lines of code to the remote start to verify the gearshift is in neutral and the parking brake is on?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.