First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And on the key fob, as far as I can tell, cannot get anybody IRL to confirm, the manuals or lower trims (without remote start) use a 315MHz key fob, and the higher/Auto trims use a 902MHz key fob. This also explains why the keyless entry number pad is a different part number for with/without remote start. I do not know why they use different frequencies. The remote start keys are supposed to get a confirmation from the car if the remote start was successful, red blink did not start, green blink engine started successful. Can anybody confirm this on their broncos? There should be a way to change frequencies thru Forscan, I believe thru IPC, but again, was not able to get that to work for me.
Sponsored

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And on the key fob, as far as I can tell, cannot get anybody IRL to confirm, the manuals or lower trims (without remote start) use a 315MHz key fob, and the higher/Auto trims use a 902MHz key fob. This also explains why the keyless entry number pad is a different part number for with/without remote start. I do not know why they use different frequencies. The remote start keys are supposed to get a confirmation from the car if the remote start was successful, red blink did not start, green blink engine started successful. Can anybody confirm this on their broncos? There should be a way to change frequencies thru Forscan, I believe thru IPC, but again, was not able to get that to work for me.
Interesting - those frequencies aren't close, and the more immediate question is if the radio inside the Bronco can handle both. Do you have confirmation that the frequencies are software-defined instead of requiring a radio module swap?

OP
OP
Buck Your Bronco

Buck Your Bronco

Badlands
First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting - those frequencies aren't close, and the more immediate question is if the radio inside the Bronco can handle both. Do you have confirmation that the frequencies are software-defined instead of requiring a radio module swap?
No, just speculating. The forscan forum has a thread where other cars in Europe are able to swap frequencies based on forscan, but that’s in the IPC which I’ve been having issues reprogramming. Have a request into the forscan developers so just in waiting

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The technical change isn’t the issue or the challenge. When a neutral switch goes bad on a bike, or on a car with ASS, there’s a human on top of a brake lever/pedal to react to a mechanical failure mode. Not so much with remote start.
If the switch fails ....its not like it will suddenly shift itself into gear?...?!

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope someone cracks this!
Sponsored