aman43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we now have a bunch of shots of the car in the wild.

And there is no outside hinge for the doors. Does this mean they are non removable? Will removing the doors be harder than the wrangler? what do you guys think

The evidence the doors are removable is clear in the design of the mirrors.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there will be removeable, and from what we've gathered, it will be a simple and straight forward process.

and the doors will be less awkward to handle than the Jeep.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

from patents, it seems as though door bars will always remain on the vehicle, I'm assuming hinged like a normal door - this approach would eliminate the need for Wrangler's exterior hinge. The door itself (exterior door skin/frameless window, interior door panel, etc) appears to mount onto those door bars somehow, and should just come off via whatever mounting system they're using. I've theorized that perhaps the door has two slots in them where it would slide over the bars and lock into place mayve via big push pins or something. Or perhaps it clicks onto the bars just "pushing" them onto the vehicle parallel to the bars.

I'm guessing it'll be far easier than having to undo hinges, etc. But, again, that's just a guess based on the patents we've seen.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
from patents, it seems as though door bars will always remain on the vehicle, I'm assuming hinged like a normal door - this approach would eliminate the need for Wrangler's exterior hinge. The door itself (exterior door skin/frameless window, interior door panel, etc) appears to mount onto those door bars somehow, and should just come off via whatever mounting system they're using. I've theorized that perhaps the door has two slots in them where it would slide over the bars and lock into place mayve via big push pins or something. Or perhaps it clicks onto the bars just "pushing" them onto the vehicle parallel to the bars.

I'm guessing it'll be far easier than having to undo hinges, etc. But, again, that's just a guess based on the patents we've seen.
Yup, you probably literally “slide off“ the doors in under 30 sec each I’m guessing

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yup, you probably literally “slide off“ the doors in under 30 sec each I’m guessing
Right. - my thoughts exactly.

It'd be neat if that setup also has the wiring pins aligned perfectly too so that you don't even need to plug/unplug that in for window motors/switches - just slide off/on until it latches and you're set.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right. - my thoughts exactly.

It'd be neat if that setup also has the wiring pins aligned perfectly too so that you don't even need to plug/unplug that in for window motors/switches - just slide off/on until it latches and you're set.
Yessir!! If it’s that simple they’ll for sure demo it at the reveal

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hinges can be made to arc out. And it seems like the outer door panels will either clip on or slide off. Beyond that its suspected to be a tube door inner. If that is removable it imagine it will be with tools.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
tbh with the right attitude any door is removable

Pic related: when I dented my Explorer door a few years back and had to get a new one from the junk yard :ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco removable doors? D531E258-16DF-40F8-A869-5A95A67A7FF8

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I much prefer Ford's decision to keep the hinges hidden like a traditional door. The exposed hinges on the Jeep look cool initially but they're usually the first places to start rusting.
Yes especially since they're also one of the first places to take rock damage and lose their paint.

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am trusting (trust but verify) that they will surpass JP in all aspects. To do otherwise would not allow them to steal existing JP owners like myself who don't HAVE to buy another vehicle. I need a reason(s) other than it is a Ford/Bronco to buy one. Doors should be easier to remove/replace. Roof as easy or easier. I currently use a chain hoist to remove my roof so not a bid deal to me. LOOKS. It needs to look cooler than the JP. ESPECIALLY topless and doorless. Wants and needs have been covered in other threads so I won't go on. But to directly answer you original question:

""And there is no outside hinge for the doors. Does this mean they are non removable? Will removing the doors be harder than the wrangler? ""

NO-they will be removable. They BETTER be easier.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
""And there is no outside hinge for the doors. Does this mean they are non removable? Will removing the doors be harder than the wrangler? ""

NO-they will be removable. They BETTER be easier.
There are ways that would be harder than a CJ/Wrangler-style door removal. Unbolt upper and lower hinge nuts, lift door while pulling both pins up and out is pretty simple, after all.

But as long as it is a better (integrated tube door/pogo pin-style wireless electrical connections/etc) engineered door, I don't think the removal being a little more difficult is necessarily a dealbreaker.
Sponsored