Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi,

I don't normally work on product design (I'm primarily involved in IT), but because of my personal interest in the Bronco, and because I have some experience using CAD, I got involved with the design of some mud flaps and mounting brackets for the Bronco here at my work.

The mud flap itself is a heavy duty two-piece design (each pair weighs about 8 lb). The lower portion (rubber composite) can be removed from the upper portion (nylon composite) by sliding it out of the upper portion. The optional plate (also removeable) on the bottom has a diestamp Bronco logod stainless steel plate. The brackets are black anodized aluminum. The fasteners are black oxide stainless steel.

The front and rear are both mounted to the frame. The flares are still removable. Due to the forward protrusion of the rock rail, for now we simply have a hole around the rock rail, and a solid version for those without rock rails. The front is not compatible with the factory running board / side step, without modification.

I know there are a lot of people who hate mud flaps, and others who like them. I've never been a huge fan of mud flaps myself, as I don't always like how they look. That said, they're quite popular up here in Western Canada, and serve a purpose. As a Bronco enthusiast myself, with hopes of getting a Bronco someday, I would like to make something that an actual Bronco owner would want. If you have any feedback I'd be curious to here what you think. Personally, I think I would prefer something simpler, cheaper, and lighter (ie. something like Rally Armor mud flaps), but that's the more minimalist side of me speaking.

Updates:

Bronco logo styles are now available from your local Ford dealer. Other options without Bronco logo are also now available. I've also been told that they're not recommending these on the front of base model Bronco's with original tires, because they position the mud flap too close to the ground.

Attached instructions showing how to modify the OEM running boards (aka side steps/tube steps) to work with the mud flaps.

Photos:

Note narrow front flare:

Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_2920 Short

Flyer (note: Ford part numbers, excludes plain black option):

Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_7568

Installation Video:

Front parts:
Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_8363

Rear parts:
Ford Bronco Removable mud flaps IMG_8362
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll say something I've never heard.... Seems pretty long to me.

I agree that the Rally Armor or RokBlokz flaps are more the style that I would like. These look more like tractor trailer flaps.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am pro mudflap just because I don't want to sent trucks and dirt flying in the highway after getting dirty. Most of my cars that I run super stick tires get mudflaps for the same reason.

Instock with rally armor because they do the breast cancer donations and I've had a few family members battle it and one pass from it.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's a close up of the mud flap we're using. Basically an existing mud flap we already use, just modified to work with the Bronco.

gcn28k-btw-1.jpg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not a fan of mud flaps myself: To actually be effective they need to essentially touch the ground, any thing less and you'll still get road splash on your rockers. The longer they are the further back the splash will be.

That said, these seem to be a decent design, fairly long and the removable lower half will make them off roadable.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be interested in such a product, but I am not a fan of labeled stuff, want as plain and low contrast item (with any logo hard to see when dirty at least), so your idea is too gaudy for me

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be interested in such a product, but I am not a fan of labeled stuff, want as plain and low contrast item (with any logo hard to see when dirty at least), so your idea is too gaudy for me
I'm the same way. We usually offer one without any logos. It's cheaper too.

I'm actually a fan of the longer flaps.
Thanks for the feedback. We'll probably determine the final length once we see it in person. Too low and it could get ripped off backing into a parking curb. I could suggest they make both lengths available, as someone with a lifted Bronco may want the longer rubber.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
These will be available in the not too distant future. I'll post an update as things get closer. We just completed another test fit and install video on a Bronco Badlands here in Alberta!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What do they look like without the lower portion?.... is that channel in the middle attached to the upper flap or the lower flap? Hoping it's part of the lower flap as it will look better when not using the lowers.

While I don't like the look of mud flaps, they do serve a purpose. Ideally I want none during nice weather, but have the option to easily add them when off road or during winter.

Another product idea for you..... fillers for the gap between the fender flare and the bumper. I repeatedly see the stock flares dump crap onto the bumper ends. I'm surprised Ford hasn't addressed this!

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One consistent detail from the off-rodeo and Moab ride alongs is these broncos get muddy.
Mudflaps would be a good thing if your doors are off.

OP
OP

bronco3

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Fly by Nite I like your product idea. It would be nice if our upper portion simply extended further to cover that gap. The channel is part of the upper portion. I'll check if there's any photos without the lower rubber installed.
Sponsored

Last edited: