Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have recently been wavering away from the 4dr. as it's only 2 of us and a couple of dogs .
The seats would have to be removed to get the room for gear and kennels but man I'm starting to really like those 2drs.

Will be looking to make a second tier tray for more storage on long trips

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't think they are "listening" because there has been talk of this option previously. It was ignored.

The interior is set. You want the rear seats removed, you gotta break out the wrench and make it happen. I will.
Yeah, there’s been 10+ threads here on removable rear seats and Ford has been asked multiple times if it will be an option.

It will be a DIY project for MY21.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will take my rear seats out the day I get it. Never to be installed again.
Same here gf,dog,me took the rear seat out of the second row on my tundra best mod ever store seat up in rafters wrapped in plastic .
Building a level carpeted floor is stupid easy anyone can do it ?

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking of using the oem mounts to make quick release brackets for a split folding full bed deck, covered in matching outdoor carpet. I just will need a fairly large flat area for camping gear.

I have made platforms for my Jeeps in the past. I paint them with bed liner. non slip surface that us durable and easier to keep clean than carpet. I posted a picture in a similar thread.

Sponsored

LMB

Black Diamond
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F250 Superduty 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree they need to figure this out. Bet it is on their list and will be something we see in future model years (but too late for MY2021).

I know they are easy to remove on the TJ because my son’s rear seat is behind the boat on the garage floor, anybody know if the two door rear seats on the JK or JL are easy to remove? Or are they bolted in like the 4 door?
Yes the 2015 Jk Rubicon rear seat could be removed easily with a couple sockets wrenches. I agree Ford should do the same on both 2 and 4 door and better yet make it easIEF.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With 99% of the bronco using the patented bronco bolts, why is removing the seats without tools a must? Just wrench them off and toss em somewhere.
I'd love a bench seat replacement but I don't believe it would fit.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With 99% of the bronco using the patented bronco bolts, why is removing the seats without tools a must? Just wrench them off and toss em somewhere.
I'd love a bench seat replacement but I don't believe it would fit.
Never thought about the bench seat option, but that would be cool. Hopefully aftermarket takes care of that

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toolless rear seat removal would be perfect. Headrests folding down, instead of folding up, when rear seats folded down would be great as well.

I regularly carry my bikes in the back of my GTI with the rear seats folded down and the passenger seat all the way forward. This is even without removing the front wheels.

I made my peace with the fact that 2 door Bronco has an overall shorter cargo area than my GTI, but removing the rear seats (I almost never use them), or at least avoiding the headrest when seats folded down would give me some options.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hope to get a wrench in there. Sawzall isn't really an option in case I want to put them back in. And I don't know how to weld.
Sponsored