Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious, has anyone removed the housing cover of the aux switches? Curious what electrical components are tied into it. I will not have a auto dim rear view mirror and am looking for someone easy/convenient to tie in dash cam power. Not sure if it even possible, just wanted to rule it out or in. Thanks

2086ACB3-C52B-44AD-A2A4-F936FFEEA761.png
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've yet to figure that one out. Tough nut to crack. I haven't looked for screws on top yet, but a simple trim tool won't do it.

I gave it a quick effort for my dash cam install but it put up a fight. If you want parking mode enabled, you're gonna have to run it to the fuse box or OBD2 connector anyways.

Slinky Pickle

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350, 2020 Edge, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking of mounting my VHF radio off the upfitter switch housing. It might be bit too much weight for the plastic part but I think it's a great place to put the radio. I'll look at taking mine apart this weekend.

cstaubin

Wildtrak
First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've yet to figure that one out. Tough nut to crack. I haven't looked for screws on top yet, but a simple trim tool won't do it.

I gave it a quick effort for my dash cam install but it put up a fight. If you want parking mode enabled, you're gonna have to run it to the fuse box or OBD2 connector anyways.
Anyone figure this one out? Looking to mount the front panel of my radio and run the connection to the transceiver under that trim.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone figure this one out? Looking to mount the front panel of my radio and run the connection to the transceiver under that trim.
There's a video of someone installing factory switches there that shows the disassembly. It's around here somewhere

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, they are the same. Auxiliary switches = Upfitter switches. If you don’t get them from the factory, this is what you’d need to do to install them after delivery.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Video I saw looked like you have to begin by removing the a-pillar covers and work to the center from both sides.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recall the same as BroncoSarge' post. It starts at the A arm, and works inward. I mounted my VFH under the molding below the steering wheel and at some point, intend to mount the radio had near the up fitter switches and running the Cat six under the trim. I just haven't done it yet. There are several posts around here that detail that process, and I think you may find them inside the long posts about GMRS Install or Radio Install.

C1 Ret

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I recall the same as BroncoSarge' post. It starts at the A arm, and works inward. I mounted my VFH under the molding below the steering wheel and at some point, intend to mount the radio had near the up fitter switches and running the Cat six under the trim. I just haven't done it yet. There are several posts around here that detail that process, and I think you may find them inside the long posts about GMRS Install or Radio Install.
Cancel....LOL. I just noticed the dates on the posts. My bad.
Sponsored