klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't have the the back seats in my 2 door base! Wonder if Ford will remove the back seats and "accessorize" that space to make it more functional?
Sponsored

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford replied to this question. The back seats are not designed to be easily removed, however, they can be removed. They are leaving it up to the after market to design something that makes them easily removable.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Goose Gear is your Huckleberry.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford replied to this question. The back seats are not designed to be easily removed, however, they can be removed. They are leaving it up to the after market to design something that makes them easily removable.
Like a torx socket!

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Goose Gear is your Huckleberry.
Oh, awesome! This honestly exactly what I was looking for. Do you know of / recommend any other companies that produce similar products in the US?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, awesome! This honestly exactly what I was looking for. Do you know of / recommend any other companies that produce similar products in the US?
I don’t, but their product is top rate. They design everything specifically for the vehicle and address every nut and bolt needed to be removed and replaced. They are extremely detail oriented. It might seem expensive, but it will be one of the best modifications you make.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I will definitely be pulling the rear seats out. Wondering how difficult that will end up being.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also plan to remove the rear seats in my 2D. It’s a must for weekend camping / wheeling trips. I expect to take them out and put them back in frequently.
I don’t have the photo, will look, but I seam to remember seeing a pic of the 2D body being shipped somewhere and it had bolts sticking up from the floor. Like the studs were part of the body and the seats would be bolted down on them. Not sure. I’ll see if I can find the pic.

Edit: maybe I’m wrong. I can’t find the pic I was thinking of, but it was part of this discussion. Maybe there was a walk around vid / alternate thread like this one.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...pped-for-soft-top-and-supplier-fitting.10038/

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I will definitely be pulling the rear seats out. Wondering how difficult that will end up being.
For most vehicles it involves removing 4-8 bolts. I’ve never had an issue other than locating a tucked away bolt.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine removing seats will be relatively easy. The only issue will be if one of the bolts is tucked away and difficult to get a socket wrench on.

I removed all the seats out of my 2000 Nissan Xterra. To allow me to take the carpet out and put truck bed liner throughout.

I don’t have any mechanic skills and very little/basic tools. But was able to take the seats out.

Sponsored

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on doing the same. I used to hate 2-door vehicles, but I have realized that was from when I was younger and would drive around with friends everywhere. Now it is just me and my wife and a small dog. it is extremely rare for me to use the back seat for anything except groceries. I think I can get away with a 2-seater these days.

I feel like removing the seats will be easy, but I'll need some sort of aftermarket rubber mat designed for the 2-door with the rear seats removed so it doesn't look ghetto.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Legend says 2 bolts, easy.

jasonkosi

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I take seats out of vehicles all the time to do leather installs at work. Guaranteed it'll be easy. Rear cushions on 2 door flip forward, most likely 2 bolts each. Backrests would come out separately, no more than 4 bolts/nuts per side.

*This is one thing that's good about 2 door wrangler is the rear seats are quick release. However rear headroom & legroom in 2 door Bronco is probably better as a result
Sponsored