First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are correct! #AMP76140-01A Cut to 55 inches they work great. Installed this weekend!

A few of the bolts are a HUGE pain in the arse to install due to poor design but all are possible. I mounted the control module on a custom bracket alone the driver side engine bay wall... made for a clean install.
No kidding. Especially the back drivers back bolt. I used a couple of extensions to maneuver to tighten the bolt. Just the ease of getting in and out. I’m glad I’m not the only one who loves em. And it hides all the holes on the bottom.
Sponsored

Brian_D

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are correct! #AMP76140-01A Cut to 55 inches they work great. Installed this weekend!

A few of the bolts are a HUGE pain in the arse to install due to poor design but all are possible. I mounted the control module on a custom bracket alone the driver side engine bay wall... made for a clean install.
Did you install the override switch?

Dubby

Badlands
First Name
Dub
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Sasquatch Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed the AMP steps yesterday solo. It took me a little longer than the estimate, but everything went pretty smoothly. The only tough part was tightening the bolt on the pinch weld on the front arm (have to use a ratcheting wrench in a tight spot). I didn't connect the LED lights because I don't know when I would actually need them. This video was way more helpful than the instructions: (similar install to the Ranger - although we do have a pass-through behind the driver side firewall into the cabin which is really nice).

Love the steps - look great and help the little ones get in without climbing in.

Brianew

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 08 Mustang, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I removed the rock rails and bought these AMP Power Boards. Wasn’t sure how it was going to look since there were no photos or videos. I’m loving them.
32829492-FDFB-4452-AB60-F1EEE80DB3D8.jpeg

DF1475DF-D49D-4474-B6C2-FC7F2AA666FD.jpeg

A1981096-F43A-4EBA-81DD-FEF05393E156.jpeg

19F0B373-6810-4106-9237-B900DA0D014B.jpeg
how was the installation? did you have to drill alot or fairly easy? Thanks. Just got my badlands and want to get a set,.

Sponsored
OP
OP

hdmontecarlo

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how was the installation? did you have to drill alot or fairly easy? Thanks. Just got my badlands and want to get a set,.
Installing took about 3 hours. I had to remove the rock rails from my badlands bronco. There are some tight areas to get tools in. Haven’t drilled anything yet as it said for the lights. Im gonna try to instal the lights wires through the holes already in the bottom. Right now the side mirror light has enough light to light the ground.

FreddyS

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been searching for a set of these, but can't seem to locate them. I've reached out to Auto Anything and they were out of stock and I've been in unsuccessful in reaching anyone at Broncobrigade. Anyone have suggestion of a vendor that may have these? Thanks!

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been searching for a set of these, but can't seem to locate them. I've reached out to Auto Anything and they were out of stock and I've been in unsuccessful in reaching anyone at Broncobrigade. Anyone have suggestion of a vendor that may have these? Thanks!
I have been searching too! I keep getting the same response...20-22 weeks. Might have to just go ahead and order...

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco Brigade has them for $1599.00. I bought mine from Autoanything and they were $3.00 more to try to beat there price. I bought the pass through harness and got the difference Couple dollar discount for the harness so if I needed to access the OBD plug I didn’t have to unplug anything., I didnt even have to pull up trim pieces. Just plugged into OBD plug. Options too with Plug & Play OBD-II Pass-Through Harness and PowerStep Override Switch.
They sold me the set for $1500...used the chat feature to negotiate (4th of July?). Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Sponsored

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How are these vs the Rock Slider Steps?
I have had both. On my jeep, I had the RSE steps. The RSE steps are true rock sliders. You can use them for rock crawling and they can take a hit. The RSE I had on my jeep made a loud clank whenever they retracted. Also, I needed to reset them on a regular basis. The driver's side worked well, but the passenger side would often not deploy when the passenger door opened. My RSE also had terrible powder coating...for the price of the RSE steps, the powder coating should have been much better.

I just installed the AMP Research steps this past week. They work flawlessly so far (only a week or so) so time will tell. The AMP steps seem much more refined. But, the AMP steps are not meant for any rock crawling. A good hit on the rocks any you will ruin the AMP steps.

My Bronco is a daily driver. I go off road weekly to get to mountain biking or hiking and some mild 4x4 (hill climbing, but no Rock crawling). I think I like the AMP steps better.

I paid $1500 for the AMP Steps. I think RSE are several hundred dollars more.

Jeremy311

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have had both. On my jeep, I had the RSE steps. The RSE steps are true rock sliders. You can use them for rock crawling and they can take a hit. The RSE I had on my jeep made a loud clank whenever they retracted. Also, I needed to reset them on a regular basis. The driver's side worked well, but the passenger side would often not deploy when the passenger door opened. My RSE also had terrible powder coating...for the price of the RSE steps, the powder coating should have been much better.

I just installed the AMP Research steps this past week. They work flawlessly so far (only a week or so) so time will tell. The AMP steps seem much more refined. But, the AMP steps are not meant for any rock crawling. A good hit on the rocks any you will ruin the AMP steps.

My Bronco is a daily driver. I go off road weekly to get to mountain biking or hiking and some mild 4x4 (hill climbing, but no Rock crawling). I think I like the AMP steps better.

I paid $1500 for the AMP Steps. I think RSE are several hundred dollars more.
Did you purchase the Ford Ranger set from them? It says it isn't compatible with the 2022 Bronco. I'm looking to get a set but want to make sure I get it right the first time.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you purchase the Ford Ranger set from them? It says it isn't compatible with the 2022 Bronco. I'm looking to get a set but want to make sure I get it right the first time.
The Ranger and Bronco steps are the same. On the box, they show both vehicles as being the proper application. Here is the exact item I purchased.

Also, if you deal with realtruck or their sister sites, do a chat (feature will pop up on their website) and negotiate a lower price. I think AMP restricts them from advertising a lower price. But, if you chat with the rep, he/she will give you a lower price. I got $150 off (w/free shipping).

Motorosso has a good video on youtube with the Bronco Install. Not too bad if you have the right tools.

AMP_STEPS.jpg

Jeremy311

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Ranger and Bronco steps are the same. On the box, they show both vehicles as being the proper application. Here is the exact item I purchased.

Also, if you deal with realtruck or their sister sites, do a chat (feature will pop up on their website) and negotiate a lower price. I think AMP restricts them from advertising a lower price. But, if you chat with the rep, he/she will give you a lower price. I got $150 off (w/free shipping).

Motorosso has a good video on youtube with the Bronco Install. Not too bad if you have the right tools.

Ford Bronco Removed Badlands Rock Rails and added AMP Power Steps AMP_STEPS
Thanks for the info! I just talked to Realtruck, she offered a discount but said they are out across all wearhouses and have no idea when they will be restocked.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the info! I just talked to Realtruck, she offered a discount but said they are out across all wearhouses and have no idea when they will be restocked.
I would keep on top of realtruck. I think they are the preferred online dealer for Amp Research, so I think they will get it before your local upfitter.

I am local to a 4WP and they said 20 weeks delay. I regularly contacted 4WP...no change. They are a national outfit and never had a sooner ETA. Then I check out realtruck. Made the purchase and it was delivered 3 days later. Beats 20 weeks!

Good luck!
Sponsored