Sponsored

Removed rear seat belt reels... Dash light? ForScan?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay. Let me look into it after work. This is a 4 door correct?
No, 2 door...
I buckled up the belt with the reel and it still reads open...
The truck must be passing a voltage thru it to read a measurement, whether buckled, unbuckled or disconnected... The only way you can do that is with varying the resistance🤷

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Btw, I was only glancing at the codes like this while playing with the resistors... Didn't notice belts/pretensioner until you mentioned it 😔
Ford Bronco Removed rear seat belt reels... Dash light? ForScan? Screenshot_20220629-141802_FORScan Lite

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome if it works please do a simple writeup, would love to yank those reels that are doing nothing but looking ugly
Yall are trailblazers.👍
It looks as if the reel harness just needs a 2.4 Ohm resistor jammed in the pin sockets.
I had to put my buckles back in under my load floor. They didn't like being open (unplugged) or shorted (shorted to ground). Both gave an airbag idiot light error.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, 2 door...
I buckled up the belt with the reel and it still reads open...
The truck must be passing a voltage thru it to read a measurement, whether buckled, unbuckled or disconnected... The only way you can do that is with varying the resistance🤷
Okay so I just had a chance to look at mine and do some testing. Unfortunately I couldn’t come up with a way to make it work. The buckle itself has a built in Hall effect sensor, but the problem is without seeing that sensor the RCM will continuously throw a fault and I don’t know a way to get around that. So for now it looks like the buckle will just have to stay with the vehicle.

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm okay with the buckles they almost have a little home in those two pockets in the back .
I'm going to mess with the reels soon and try the resistor ,thanks all for the effort stay tuned.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

in what world would you be liable?
A Ford dealer employee helping owners bypass Factory installed safety warnings.

Some idiot reads a thread. Doesn’t follow instructions correctly. Reinstalls rear seat. Gets in a wreck. Passenger Injured because safety belt doesn’t function correctly. Lawyers.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in what world would you be liable?
Depending what state you're in, repair advice given by a dealer or independent shop is considered professional advice. I tell someone how to defeat/disable a safety or emission device/system, I could be liable if someone is injured or killed. You can do anything you want to your vehicle but it's a huge no-no for a dealer to knowingly do anything to disable safety or emission systems outside of the direction of the manufacturer. A recall comes out where we temporarily disable something has been OK's by NHTSA and Ford legal. Someone is hurt, Ford is legally bound to provide a defense to the dealer. We do work outside the scope of that, we're on our own.

It's messed up but I'd rather have someone miffed at me for not giving the information out than answer interrogatories because a family member got hurt or killed and some lawyer thinks it was my fault. I know because I've gone though a situation similar where an older customer of ours hit the accelerator in a K-Mart parking lot instead of the brake, jumped a parking block and killed a little girl walking between his car and another parked in front of it. We initially got drug into the suit with K-Mart, Sears and Ford because of the great crime we sold him the car and did his service work. They eventually dropped us and Ford from the claim but it was about who had deep pockets the lawyers could $$ from.

Sponsored

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Ford dealer employee helping owners bypass Factory installed safety warnings.

Some idiot reads a thread. Doesn’t follow instructions correctly. Reinstalls rear seat. Gets in a wreck. Passenger Injured because safety belt doesn’t function correctly. Lawyers.
Gotcha. Didn’t realize you were an employee. Guess that could open you up to lawyers hunting for a settlement. Bummer that’s the world we live in now.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most people have no clue how lawsuit happy this country has become. It's bad. Large companies / corporations literally consider lawsuit settlements out of court as a static cost of doing business now. I used to work with a guy who was on counsel for a large company. He quit because he was tired of seeing ridiculous lawsuits being filed that were quickly settled, out of court, because the company policy was based on how much it would cost in legal staff and possible bad publicity. Whether or not the lawsuit was totally BS or not didn't even factor in.

There are plenty of people who have zero qualms about ruining someone's life / business if it means they'll get a check. And unfortunately there are plenty of lawyers who will gladly do it to get their large share of that settlement.

Because of this environment, certain insurance policies for certain businesses / careers have become so expensive - I think many people wouldn't believe what they cost. That cost is passed on to the client / customer unfortunately.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thread Resurrection!!
I just removed the rear seats from my 2-door. I already understood I had to remove the buckles from the seats and tuck them into the floor. My question is in regards to removing the tensioners. How hard is it to remove those plastic panels? Are they just popped and locked into place because I see no screws?

Ford Bronco Removed rear seat belt reels... Dash light? ForScan? Nme9F0H

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thread Resurrection!!
I just removed the rear seats from my 2-door. I already understood I had to remove the buckles from the seats and tuck them into the floor. My question is in regards to removing the tensioners. How hard is it to remove those plastic panels? Are they just popped and locked into place because I see no screws?

Ford Bronco Removed rear seat belt reels... Dash light? ForScan? Nme9F0H
They come out pretty easy. There is a small black trim piece that sits behind the Sport bar where it meets the sidewall. Remove those first.
Also note, you will need a couple of resistors to stick in the reel electrical plug so you don't get a code. I believe they need to be 2.4K Ohm....? Not 100%

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They come out pretty easy. There is a small black trim piece that sits behind the Sport bar where it meets the sidewall. Remove those first.
Also note, you will need a couple of resistors to stick in the reel electrical plug so you don't get a code. I believe they need to be 2.4K Ohm....? Not 100%
Just to clarify, did you remove your rear seatbelts/pre-tensioners? I realize the buckles stay plugged in under the floor cover - but I'm interested in removing the rest of the rear belts and pre-tensioners that bolt to the rear cage.
Sponsored

Last edited: