First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the gloss black and thought my dealer was going to instal it. They wouldn’t. I’ve removed several before on light vehicles but my bronco is antimatter blue. What’s the best, non damaging way to remove the badge so I can put on the new one? Thanks
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the gloss black and thought my dealer was going to instal it. They wouldn’t. I’ve removed several before on light vehicles but my bronco is antimatter blue. What’s the best, non damaging way to remove the badge so I can put on the new one? Thanks
“Search” many posts about it

Roundabout

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I removed mine using one of those 99 cent plastic scrapers. I just worked it around the edges, pulling it away as I went. Came off fairly easy. I didn't have much residue, just cleaned up using alcohol. If you feel it's resisting too much might want to apply some heat.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have de-badged cars before using dental floss and a hair dryer (to heat up the emblem and soften the adhesive). They usually come right off without a problem, no damage to paint.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have de-badged cars before using dental floss and a hair dryer (to heat up the emblem and soften the adhesive). They usually come right off without a problem, no damage to paint.
Fishing line would likely work much better than dental floss.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plasti dip it. Then you don't have to remove anything. That's what I'm doing to mine.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fishing line would likely work much better than dental floss.
I've heard that, but never tried it. As the adhesive softens when heated, the dental floss cuts right through it, you really don't need anything more aggressive than the floss. Most people have dental floss laying around while not many people have fishing line on hand.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I kinda have the opposite problem. I've got an antimatter blue Wildtrak and the Bronco emblem on the back being black is barely visible. I love the plasti dip idea, but i've no idea what color would work.

OP
OP

drg1989

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I kinda have the opposite problem. I've got an antimatter blue Wildtrak and the Bronco emblem on the back being black is barely visible. I love the plasti dip idea, but i've no idea what color would work.
Its a cool color. I’ve just always been a fan of blacked out (not lights or anything crazy, just wheels and badges). You can have my chrome one lol. If it comes off as effortlessly as I hope with no damage

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Its a cool color. I’ve just always been a fan of blacked out (not lights or anything crazy, just wheels and badges). You can have my chrome one lol. If it comes off as effortlessly as I hope with no damage
haha yeah I was thinking chrome is probably the best option but the only other chrome on my Bronco is the lugnuts and I’m sure I’ll replace them for either black or blues at some point.

anyway that plastidip stuff is really interesting, I watched a YouTube video on how to use it and I’d probably try that before trying to pull it off. Either way good luck!

OP
OP

drg1989

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
haha yeah I was thinking chrome is probably the best option but the only other chrome on my Bronco is the lugnuts and I’m sure I’ll replace them for either black or blues at some point.

anyway that plastidip stuff is really interesting, I watched a YouTube video on how to use it and I’d probably try that before trying to pull it off. Either way good luck!
I’ve plasti dipped a few vehicles I cared less about before, it looks good but it’s got a pretty rough texture that I don’t really like. I’ve only used black so I can’t speak for anything else.
Sponsored