First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anybody have experience removing the two roof panels of a 2-Door MIC top that has a roof rack? If so, how difficult is it? I just read an article that said the roof rack needed to be removed before the panels could be popped out.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the 4dr the roof rack does not need to be removed to remove the front roof panels...I don't suspect the 2dr would be any different. Several roof removal threads out there, try a search.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've seen it done on several videos. You open the latch and move the panel to the side, then close the latch. Then it will fit between the frame and roof rack. Once you've done it a few times, it will be easier. You might even be able to drop the passenger panel into the vehicle to get it out, then pull it through the door. They're not that Heavy, just awkward.

OP
OP

Dave Elwing

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anybody have experience removing the two roof panels of a 2-Door MIC top that has a roof rack? If so, how difficult is it? I just read an article that said the roof rack needed to be removed before the panels could be popped out.
Thanks for the responses to my question. I am glad that the article I read was wrong and the panels can be removed without having to also remove the roof rack.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

theres a video out there from super cel east i think (possibly from chase gentry or bronco nation) that shows them removing the driver roof panel with the roof rack.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've seen it done on several videos. You open the latch and move the panel to the side, then close the latch. Then it will fit between the frame and roof rack. Once you've done it a few times, it will be easier. You might even be able to drop the passenger panel into the vehicle to get it out, then pull it through the door. They're not that Heavy, just awkward.
I did the driver side panel on my 2dr when I was picking it up from the dealership. Your exactly right, the latch needs to be closed again before trying to remove the panel or it wont fit through the opening under the roof rack. Its a small opening relative to the thickness of the panel, but it can be removed without bumping/scratching anything as long as you are careful. I'll have to try your idea for the passenger side panel, probably easier.

For anyone that doesn't know, the driver side must be removed before the passenger side. So the passenger side could potentially go into the cab since the driver side would already be out of the way.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the driver side panel on my 2dr when I was picking it up from the dealership. Your exactly right, the latch needs to be closed again before trying to remove the panel or it wont fit through the opening under the roof rack. Its a small opening relative to the thickness of the panel, but it can be removed without bumping/scratching anything as long as you are careful. I'll have to try your idea for the passenger side panel, probably easier.

For anyone that doesn't know, the driver side must be removed before the passenger side. So the passenger side could potentially go into the cab since the driver side would already be out of the way.
Passenger side removal is the same as driver side. Close latch after release and it slides right out.
Sponsored