Sponsored

Removing sound headliner if I don’t like it?

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These headliners are most likely made from PET (recycled plastic bottles) and are washable. The biggest issue would be spraying it directly with a large amount of water, trapping water in between the liner and the top, thus making your Bronco smell mildewy if the water doesn’t evaporate in time. Worst case scenario if you over saturate it is to point a fan at the top or a hairdryer until it dries.
Is this the rationale for the default being no headliner with the MGV seats? I.e. the assumption that anyone with those seats will want to spray out the interior and water and headliners don’t work well together?
Sponsored

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This may be a dumb question but why can’t we put the HH on top of the OEM sound deadening headliner? If the HH is installed with tape strips why can’t we just add it, if we need the additional insulation? I’ve never installed or used these items but from the Utube videos I’ve seen seems reasonable enough to be done that way.
You probably won't get proper adhesion from the factory headliner to the double-sided tape, to the HH headliner. It would be like putting tape on the carpeted office floor, or a felted surface, and then counting on that to be strong enough to hold the HH headliner forever when you turn it upside down.

I think that's how it would be. I've personally never been down that road.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this the rationale for the default being no headliner with the MGV seats? I.e. the assumption that anyone with those seats will want to spray out the interior and water and headliners don’t work well together?
Yes, Ford stated in an email to dealers it was to preserve washout capability but I’m not finding the thread at the moment.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Ford stated in an email to dealers it was to preserve washout capability but I’m not finding the thread at the moment.
Ford Bronco Removing sound headliner if I don’t like it? 63070E62-B661-4E67-B968-80EF4AEA54AF

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have 4 door MGV then yes, that’s a likely future move. Netting on the doors isn’t going to hold a paper cup of coffee. It’s really foolish that the MGV lacks a proper backseat cup holder.

and yes, I know you were just having some fun
:)
Off-topic:

I’m pretty sure those door nets are installed with Bronco bolts which are removable and made to facilitate easy substitutions. I’m sure either Ford or an aftermarket supplier will come up with a cup holder accessory panel to install there.

Ford Bronco Removing sound headliner if I don’t like it? 517DC9A8-EA1A-4725-99E6-7510156C3B95
Sponsored