First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In other words....we're happy to sell you a $50K+ truck that you don't really want.
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, not hard. You got yourself a real nice mail truck.
I’m sure your comment is just in fun, but why is there so much knocking non-BL builds around here? Skinny tires are easily replaced. Even without the rear locker, the base isn’t a mail truck. If you have the $50k and time to wait, sure you do you and hold out for your BL with tow that can’t tow much. base and basesquatch (depending on needs) is best bang for the buck imo.

Some off-road footage of base-base starts around 3:25.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no reason you can't install a separate brake controller like that, you will just need to run the wiring yourself. All the brake controller needs is power (can't remember off the top of my head what amperage but it is most likely about 20-30 amp) and the signal wire needs 12v when brake pedal is depressed. For the connector itself, seven pin wiring only adds power from trailer brake controller to the trailer, 12v power, and reverse lights.

Teampuryear12

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me guess, you’re also not an early reservation either?
No 1st day reservation ordered 5-4, reorder 10-8-21, got scheduled for 1-24-22 waited over 500 days before it was scheduled. Number 46 of 210 at my dealership.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go the alternate route outlined in the original post, you don't have anything under the dash to plug into, no 7 pin connection in the back, and the wiring front to rear you need. You only have a 4 pin connection. If you want the 7 pin connection and the option of trailer brakes or aux power to your trailer, then you want the trailer tow package from the factory.
But you can install a 7 pin, just not plug and play. Not a big deal, this is how we did it for years.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So are the constraints on SAS and Lux not a big deal anymore? I am tossing the idea of giving up squatch and doing it later if I really want it.
Keep sas. Plenty were scheduled last round. I’m a no res walk in and got scheduled with a soft top 2.7 basesasquatch and mod bumper. According to constraints last month I wasn’t expecting mine for a year.

nobody has been able to make sense of the scheduling, but subjectively it felt like few BL’s were scheduled in Nov and there’s some speculation that perhaps ford builds in batches of like builds. I’m curious if we will see a lot of BL this next round.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And, you can have any color you want as long as it's black.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well sh-t, i,m still getting the invite also even though i have already been to one.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No 1st day reservation ordered 5-4, reorder 10-8-21, got scheduled for 1-24-22 waited over 500 days before it was scheduled. Number 46 of 210 at my dealership.
What do you mean ordered 5-4? Dang 46 with a 1st day reservation. Nice though, congrats. I’ll be at 500 shortly and probably still have a year for my wife’s 2 door.

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base envy. After a few mods my paid for mail truck will suit me just fine. Wheels and tires are sitting in the garage ready to mount. Won't be doing any rock climbing here in St Augustine so no need to look like I do. Oh and I don't do CrossFit either. And I'm not a vegan.

Musclecarconvrt

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Bronco, 1969 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford,

Screw you. I Ordered the classic Bronco you advertised and I'm not backing down. 2 Door (which you don't offer in a soft top), manual, with a tow package and I'm not backing down. Your delays are your fault not mine. Stop telling me to order something else other than what you advertised more than a year ago.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never thought I would pre-order something only to have it delivered after it was obsolete. But Ford is giving it hell! There is talk that the F150 lightning has more orders then they can produce before the model change happens in 2025.🤷‍♂️

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently, Ford is doing this automatically for new orders. Example, on the B&P you can’t build a two door BL with the lux or mid package. Only the high is available.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But you can install a 7 pin, just not plug and play. Not a big deal, this is how we did it for years.
You can. More work than most folks will want to do and for some can do based on skill set. I hesitate to recommend it to a wide audience based on that. I can do that type of install, but I choose not to based on the time required.
Sponsored