Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am with you. Sticking with the painted, modular top
I’m with you, but if my unit is made with the MIC top, I’ll lease it for 2 years, then get the painted modular top. BTW, I saw a Badlands four door with the MIC top, in a parking lot. I didn’t get a chance to talk with the owner, but it looked pretty solid. It still had temporary plates so it was probably a 2.0 top.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m with you, but if my unit is made with the MIC top, I’ll lease it for 2 years, then get the painted modular top. BTW, I saw a Badlands four door with the MIC top, in a parking lot. I didn’t get a chance to talk with the owner, but it looked pretty solid. It still had temporary plates so it was probably a 2.0 top.
Yes, they look good. However, even the 2.0 tops are having issues. I can compromise on many things, but not the top. It protects the vehicle from rain, wind, snow, and sun. I would rather buy a Genesis until they get the bugs worked out. Not compromising.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's awesome! I reserved 7/13/20 as soon as the site opened. Hoever, after listening to some advice about new model 1st year woes, I decided to cancel - $100 res fee refunded. Then I jumped back in, on 3/21. Converted to order 7/21 for 2dr, 2.7L/10spd, Blk Dia. Anti-matter Blue. Got pushed to MY22. Attended Off Rodeo in Nev 10/7. Went to dealer 10/14 to get into MY22 Order Bank- changed my order to a Badlands (after witnessing the capabilities at the Bronco OR). Still a 2dr, list the color so, went with Velocity Blue. Feels like with 2dr & MIC issues, it'll be Jun-Aug before I get pulled for build. First ever new car for me, so - I'll wait with excitement. I've test driven 2dr & 4dr, drive Wildtrack (sans disconnect) at OR so, yep, in sticking to it. 👍
I wouldn't bet on it being pulled at all for 2022 being such a late res as well as a 2 door. There will be Broncos reserved in 7/20 that won't get built next year.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, they look good. However, even the 2.0 tops are having issues. I can compromise on many things, but not the top. It protects the vehicle from rain, wind, snow, and sun. I would rather buy a Genesis until they get the bugs worked out. Not compromising.
I hear you. I’ve had a couple cars with leaky sunroofs/convertible tops. It ain’t fun. I would love a solid, painted metal top, even if it wasn’t removable. I’ve got cheap Irish skin, I don’t need anymore sun 😎.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, Basically if I want my Reservation, which has been converted to an order twice to be scheduled to be built, I need to change to a 4 door which I do not want. No way in the world will I buy a new or used vehicle that I do not want.

At this rate, I am guessing I will not have my 2-Door Bad Lands by the reservation date of 7/15/2020.

Complete crap show Ford. Screwing the people who wanted it most.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've got two of those with a 1/3 build week.
I'm guessing this note is for new orders being placed through dealers and not those with build dates already. I'm in the same boat with a 1/3 build.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With that said (I have the trailer tow and MIC) I reserved on July 18th and received last month a letter stating I will be an early 2022 production. I'm not changing. Nor should anyone else.
My build is a WT/ LUX. Decals, Door bars.
I'm with you on not compromising any further on my build, just want to offer a bit of advice; we all got the email stating we were an early order for the 2022 MY. It means just that: you ordered early, not that they are going to build it in early 2022. While it is possible with all the allocation fuckery Ford has added that you will be built early next year, your timestamp and constrained items tell a different story. I wouldn't sell any vehicles or make any big changes based on a generic email that, literally, everyone got. As you may recall after Ford reneged on the pledge to give us all build dates last May, they stated in that email that they would not give any info on your particular build until it was selected for production. So far that is the only promise they have kept. Good luck!

GRAYFOX-SVT

Outer Banks
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 SVT Terminator Cobra, Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it confirmed that the 2 door MIC tops are holding back builds as much as the 4 door MIC tops? This has been my experience and keep in mind I'm not posting this to rub salt in any wounds its just how it is.

Ordered my 2 door outer banks on 11/3/21. Made some changes on 11/15/21 and not sure if dropping the PPF made any difference or not but this my final build. 2 door outer banks, 2.7, Lux, Aux switch's, Modular bumper, 4A, locking rear diff. Scheduled build week of 1/24/22. I know it has a good chance of being pushed back but the fact that it has a build date is something at least.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone order a 2Dr Basemansquatch yet and do you think you will ever get it?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Constraints have absolutely no bearing on when I receive my Bronco. I resereved at Granger in Oct. of 2020. Now, with Fords '22 Bronco allocaion formula I could order a base 4 door with not a damn thing else, and it still wouldn't arrive until 2024. So screwed I am. I'll just stick with my order as is, MIC top and all. It will still most likely arrive in 2024. :)

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Constraints have absolutely no bearing on when I receive my Bronco. I resereved at Granger in Oct. of 2020. Now, with Fords '22 Bronco allocaion formula I could order a base 4 door with not a damn thing else, and it still wouldn't arrive until 2024. So screwed I am. I'll just stick with my order as is, MIC top and all. It will still most likely arrive in 2024. :)
Me too but Thats 2+ years. So much can happen in that time. Could you get it sooner by changing to a higher volume/allocation dealer?

SwampDaddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So here is the problem with the alternate to the trailer towing. The wiring harness part number shown is for a 4 pin only. You don't get the 7 pin connector and integration of trailer brake controller would be out as well.

That is fine if you won't really use the towing or if you will be a flat 4 pin connector only. Otherwise it is a downgrade.
You need a trailer brake controller for 3500 lbs? I don’t think so

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too but Thats 2+ years. So much can happen in that time. Could you get it sooner by changing to a higher volume/allocation dealer?
I probably could my friend. But, I'm sticking with Granger. They've been so good, and helped with all of my stupid questions quickly. I've resigned myself to the fact that Ford really doesn't love me like they lead me to believe. They just use, and abuse me, then throw me on the scrap heap with all of their other jilted lovers. So, I'll just wait. My Wrangler is a '19, and hasn't given me one bit of problem (knock wood). So, I'll just enjoy it until my bronco shows up, whenever that may be. If I want it when it's show, I'll drive up and take it home. If I don't I'll let Granger have it for their dealer stock. As you say that's 2+ years, and anything can happen in that time.

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need a trailer brake controller for 3500 lbs? I don’t think so
State dependant, but I believe most states require brakes for >3000lbs. Unless you're using surge brakes or something.
Sponsored