Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When TFL did the towing test, wasn’t there some discussion that Ford states the 3500lb towing capacity is only recommended with the factory tow option, and if added a hitch and four pin connector they recommend towing less weight.

I can’t find where the reference is for this, but I seem to recall something about this.
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it seems the issue is that the factory includes both a seven and four pin plug where the dealer accessory plug is four only.
Exactly. All the folks saying install that Curt wiring harness clearly do not tow anything that requires a seven-way round. The seven-way round is a necessary plug for many applications. I'm not setting myself up for a 5-hour vehicle tear down on day 1.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would take my 2 door without a top and just an IOU taped to steering wheel.
Throw a tarp over mine and load it on the truck, kind of wish that was an option. I'm already ordering Bestop for mine anyway

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So are the constraints on SAS and Lux not a big deal anymore? I am tossing the idea of giving up squatch and doing it later if I really want it.
What do you mean by giving up squatch and doing it later? Seems expensive to mod it afterwards to be a squatch equivalent that isn't under Ford warranty.........but if you get the thing a year earlier maybe its worth it to you I guess

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean by giving up squatch and doing it later? Seems expensive to mod it afterwards to be a squatch equivalent that isn't under Ford warranty.........but if you get the thing a year earlier maybe its worth it to you I guess
Well, it wouldn't be a true SAS. I probably wouldn't re-gear. I know that isn't the correct way, but I was considering it. I am keeping SAS for now. Hope I still get Cyber Orange.

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am at a loss of understanding how the tow package is a constrained commodity when you can buy them easily for a Jeep.
Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford 161519

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can. More work than most folks will want to do and for some can do based on skill set. I hesitate to recommend it to a wide audience based on that. I can do that type of install, but I choose not to based on the time required.
I just finished installing a sand spreader on my pickup, trailer brakes are easy!

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Am i the only one here who actually wanted a soft top???
There’s plenty of people who like soft tops but I’d guess a many of them either have their Bronco or have a build week. Most of what you’ll find in these commodities threads are those who are unwilling to change their build but mad at Ford for not producing their constrained Bronco fast enough.

With all of the MIC loyalty it makes me wonder what the take rate would be for a Bronco with a non-removable top.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When TFL did the towing test, wasn’t there some discussion that Ford states the 3500lb towing capacity is only recommended with the factory tow option, and if added a hitch and four pin connector they recommend towing less weight.

I can’t find where the reference is for this, but I seem to recall something about this.
Interesting, worth looking into.

Sponsored

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has been expressed numerous times, but I'm still gonna make an additional comment because I'm feeling fiesty on this Friday.

As a 2D guy, I dont even want the hard top from the factory. If Ford could PLEASE release a soft top for 2D from the factory, I believe that would quell alot of anxiety.

I will say, I really like the optimism that the more people that switch to soft tops on their 4Ds opens up more hard tops for 2Ds. Lets hope that is the case on why it's not offered.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about this stop asking us to get on our knees and how about you get on your knees Ford and get us apart those dam parts all ready.

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dropped two of those but kept the Tow and it seemed to have helped out in moving me up.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curt has a plug & play harness, took me about an hour start to finish.

Also was far cheaper than the $600CDN trailer tow pkg so there’s that!

Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford 161519

How does the Curt harness install? Does it have to connect to the battery? I had a Reese trailer light kit for my wife's Equinox that had to run a cable all the way up to the battery. Two kits later and I gave up on it never got it to operate correctly. (full disclosure, former Reese engineer)

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah - so the new Bronco piqued my interest (I redid a '95 with 6" lift and 35s my son drives everyday) but coming out with the "Bronco Sport" (a Ford Escape in reality) first kind of turned me off. My wife and I finally saw an actual Bronco in the wild and she really liked it. As she's all about convertibles, and it would be her daily driver anyway (she's currently got a '17 Mustang ragtop) I called my dealer connect to let me know when he got one to drive. After seeing both in person, we personally preferred the 2 door.

The version my dealer had was a Big Bend (no SAS) but they apparently (I'm guessing other dealers are doing this too) partnered with 4WheelParts (we have one locally) to offer lift, tires, wheels and accessories. So their demos both have the 2" spacers, 35s and tube steps installed by 4Wheel Parts. The only opinion that mattered was my wife's - since it will be HER daily. (I daily a '19 Mustang GT, and we have a '12 F150 FX4 with the 5.0) and she was impressed.

First off - I'm a decent sized guy at 6'3" 240lbs. The Bronco seems A LOT roomier inside than the Wrangler etc. I was also surprised by the pick up of the 2.3EB in the Bronco, especially with 3.73s and 35s. (Yes I know the 2.3EB is peppy - it's the engine in my wife's '17 Mustang) especially surprised in Sport Mode w/ the 10 speed automatic. The automatic is the choice - again my wife's DD - my '19 GT has three pedals.

After I drove it, we were both sold. We are NOT in a hurry, and I sure as hell ain't paying a dime over sticker. I paid less than invoice for my last two new cars, but even with my dealer I figured it would be a MSRP Deal. I know there are at least a few other places I can order at invoice or a bit below - but both are quite a haul from us and I know my dealer will give us a really good trade on my wife's 17 Mustang when the time comes.

So looks like we're putting in the order today. I figure AT THE EARLIEST we'd see it end of Summer of '22.

- 2 door Big Bend
- Upgraded bumper and brush guard
- Mid Package
- Step ups (my wife is short)
- 2.3 / Auto
- AREA 51 (my wife's whole reason for really taking an interest in the Bronco - she loves the color and so do I )
- Floor mats

We were a bit bummed that we couldn't get the marine grade vinyl in a Big Bend - only with the Black Diamond, and the extra $3K or so would be a waste since this won't see much heavy off road duty.......

I am springing for the 4.27 gears with rear locker. I plan on spacers and 35s when we get it. Odds are the majority of the warm months it will be in the garage, top completely removed and doors removed as well. I figure we'll buy an aftermarket soft top whenever it EVENTUALLY Shows up.

So order should go in today. Me personally, I'm betting it might be '23 and not a '22 - but who knows.

So I guess the wait starts.
Sponsored