Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dunno if this was brought up before... how much would the hard top be at retail?

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just dropped the tow package, we'll see if it helps! Definitely not dropping MIC.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
if the hard top is such a problem they need to simply axe it for 4doors until the problem is solved

2 door people getting hosed non stop

hell i will order a best top

ship me the 2 door wrapped in plastic
That makes no sense at all. They have hard tops but not enough for demand.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or just go buy a Subaru instead.
Toyota maybe, Subaru no. Subaru horizontal opposed engine are more complex and a pain to work on and everything is more expensive. My niece just had a $2000 repair bill at 90K miles. The power steering system needed replacing, then the engine light came on and it was another $350.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just finished installing a sand spreader on my pickup, trailer brakes are easy!
I have a '75 that I would rather spend my time on than a new Bronco.

ABar

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There’s plenty of people who like soft tops but I’d guess a many of them either have their Bronco or have a build week. Most of what you’ll find in these commodities threads are those who are unwilling to change their build but mad at Ford for not producing their constrained Bronco fast enough.

With all of the MIC loyalty it makes me wonder what the take rate would be for a Bronco with a non-removable top.
I for one would take a fixed top that had the bestop sunrider built into it, or able to work with it. That's how I run with my Gladiator. Now the wrangler I traded in, well, sold to the dealership had both a hard top and a trek top (not a fan of oem soft tops) and after having dual tops, tons of options with those, I prefer the half and half setup best.

I will probably do this with the Bronco too when not using the roof rack.

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is probably a dumb question I can easily google but, how hard is it to install a tow package yourself? Never bought a vehicle without one before.
I just put one on my '20 Sahara. The hitch took about ten minutes and the harness took about an hour. The hardest part (time consuming actually) was running a wire up to the battery for power. I had to make sure to stay clear of the exhaust on the way up. I would assume the aftermarket Bronco kit is going to need the power wire to work with the Led tail lights?

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)

Let's look at this from a math standpoint.

Paint protection film (PPF) can make up 2% of the scheduled build and 14% want to order it, that means if you stick with PPF you will wait 7x longer to be scheduled. So if you would be scheduled next month without the PPF, you could be looking at waiting 7 months to get PPF from the factory.

For the trailer tow package its a little more tolerable at 2x the wait (62%/31%). So if you would be scheduled next month without the tow package, you would potentially be waiting 2 months.

The hard top without any % leaves us saying who knows when you'll see it.

The wild card factor is after they have put this out, how many people are calling their dealers saying "drop this". If half the people drop the tow package, suddenly its off the constraint list and won't impact anyone's build.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sure your comment is just in fun, but why is there so much knocking non-BL builds around here? Skinny tires are easily replaced. Even without the rear locker, the base isn’t a mail truck. If you have the $50k and time to wait, sure you do you and hold out for your BL with tow that can’t tow much. base and basesquatch (depending on needs) is best bang for the buck imo.

Some off-road footage of base-base starts around 3:25.
That's real nice of you to try to educate me. People don't get it.
I want the 2dr
I want the hardtop
I want the 2.7
I want the automatic
I want the SAS
I want the tow with the 7 pin
I want the vinyl seats
I want the rubber floor
I want the sta disconnect
I want the factory tint
I want the one pedal drive
I want the mid package

I don't want to "butcher" a new vehicle and try to make it something it's not to save a nickel.
I don't want to void any part of my warrantee. 😎

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is lux package still a constraint vs. switching to high? Looking at the build/price this morning and it looks like they don't even let you select lux for a 2 or 4 door badlands anymore. Anyone know if they've stopped taking lux orders now?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah - so the new Bronco piqued my interest (I redid a '95 with 6" lift and 35s my son drives everyday) but coming out with the "Bronco Sport" (a Ford Escape in reality) first kind of turned me off. My wife and I finally saw an actual Bronco in the wild and she really liked it. As she's all about convertibles, and it would be her daily driver anyway (she's currently got a '17 Mustang ragtop) I called my dealer connect to let me know when he got one to drive. After seeing both in person, we personally preferred the 2 door.

The version my dealer had was a Big Bend (no SAS) but they apparently (I'm guessing other dealers are doing this too) partnered with 4WheelParts (we have one locally) to offer lift, tires, wheels and accessories. So their demos both have the 2" spacers, 35s and tube steps installed by 4Wheel Parts. The only opinion that mattered was my wife's - since it will be HER daily. (I daily a '19 Mustang GT, and we have a '12 F150 FX4 with the 5.0) and she was impressed.

First off - I'm a decent sized guy at 6'3" 240lbs. The Bronco seems A LOT roomier inside than the Wrangler etc. I was also surprised by the pick up of the 2.3EB in the Bronco, especially with 3.73s and 35s. (Yes I know the 2.3EB is peppy - it's the engine in my wife's '17 Mustang) especially surprised in Sport Mode w/ the 10 speed automatic. The automatic is the choice - again my wife's DD - my '19 GT has three pedals.

After I drove it, we were both sold. We are NOT in a hurry, and I sure as hell ain't paying a dime over sticker. I paid less than invoice for my last two new cars, but even with my dealer I figured it would be a MSRP Deal. I know there are at least a few other places I can order at invoice or a bit below - but both are quite a haul from us and I know my dealer will give us a really good trade on my wife's 17 Mustang when the time comes.

So looks like we're putting in the order today. I figure AT THE EARLIEST we'd see it end of Summer of '22.

- 2 door Big Bend
- Upgraded bumper and brush guard
- Mid Package
- Step ups (my wife is short)
- 2.3 / Auto
- AREA 51 (my wife's whole reason for really taking an interest in the Bronco - she loves the color and so do I )
- Floor mats

We were a bit bummed that we couldn't get the marine grade vinyl in a Big Bend - only with the Black Diamond, and the extra $3K or so would be a waste since this won't see much heavy off road duty.......

I am springing for the 4.27 gears with rear locker. I plan on spacers and 35s when we get it. Odds are the majority of the warm months it will be in the garage, top completely removed and doors removed as well. I figure we'll buy an aftermarket soft top whenever it EVENTUALLY Shows up.

So order should go in today. Me personally, I'm betting it might be '23 and not a '22 - but who knows.

So I guess the wait starts.
Don't forget the $195 auxiliary switches, you might regret it later if you want to add lights, etc.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah - so the new Bronco piqued my interest (I redid a '95 with 6" lift and 35s my son drives everyday) but coming out with the "Bronco Sport" (a Ford Escape in reality) first kind of turned me off. My wife and I finally saw an actual Bronco in the wild and she really liked it. As she's all about convertibles, and it would be her daily driver anyway (she's currently got a '17 Mustang ragtop) I called my dealer connect to let me know when he got one to drive. After seeing both in person, we personally preferred the 2 door.

The version my dealer had was a Big Bend (no SAS) but they apparently (I'm guessing other dealers are doing this too) partnered with 4WheelParts (we have one locally) to offer lift, tires, wheels and accessories. So their demos both have the 2" spacers, 35s and tube steps installed by 4Wheel Parts. The only opinion that mattered was my wife's - since it will be HER daily. (I daily a '19 Mustang GT, and we have a '12 F150 FX4 with the 5.0) and she was impressed.

First off - I'm a decent sized guy at 6'3" 240lbs. The Bronco seems A LOT roomier inside than the Wrangler etc. I was also surprised by the pick up of the 2.3EB in the Bronco, especially with 3.73s and 35s. (Yes I know the 2.3EB is peppy - it's the engine in my wife's '17 Mustang) especially surprised in Sport Mode w/ the 10 speed automatic. The automatic is the choice - again my wife's DD - my '19 GT has three pedals.

After I drove it, we were both sold. We are NOT in a hurry, and I sure as hell ain't paying a dime over sticker. I paid less than invoice for my last two new cars, but even with my dealer I figured it would be a MSRP Deal. I know there are at least a few other places I can order at invoice or a bit below - but both are quite a haul from us and I know my dealer will give us a really good trade on my wife's 17 Mustang when the time comes.

So looks like we're putting in the order today. I figure AT THE EARLIEST we'd see it end of Summer of '22.

- 2 door Big Bend
- Upgraded bumper and brush guard
- Mid Package
- Step ups (my wife is short)
- 2.3 / Auto
- AREA 51 (my wife's whole reason for really taking an interest in the Bronco - she loves the color and so do I )
- Floor mats

We were a bit bummed that we couldn't get the marine grade vinyl in a Big Bend - only with the Black Diamond, and the extra $3K or so would be a waste since this won't see much heavy off road duty.......

I am springing for the 4.27 gears with rear locker. I plan on spacers and 35s when we get it. Odds are the majority of the warm months it will be in the garage, top completely removed and doors removed as well. I figure we'll buy an aftermarket soft top whenever it EVENTUALLY Shows up.

So order should go in today. Me personally, I'm betting it might be '23 and not a '22 - but who knows.

So I guess the wait starts.
Best of luck. My best strategy was to submit and just flat out forget that I had a new vehicle ordered. It's help save me so much angst over the past 6 months (reserved in May 2021), and could only imagine double that time.

BroncoFLX

Base
First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ND-MX5/CX5/'94F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
How about that. So, can @Ford Motor Company suggest how to speed up delivery on my 2021 four door soft top - that has none of the above mentioned build delays - but has been stuck on dirt mountain since mid October with an unchanging "in production" status and delivery window that has passed over a month ago, without so much as a single update or a peep from Ford....?

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. Sticking with the MIC top..I've been waiting so long I can pay the Bronco in full now lol what's another few months *nervous laugh*...

*cries in corner*
Team mod top at Granger. Earliest they said for Mod is 23MY, which comes fall 22, with no other updates, and low volume dealers getting very small numbers. Optimism is low and GR Corolla looks more attractive with each teaser Toyota releases.
Sponsored