Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's real nice of you to try to educate me. People don't get it.
I want the 2dr
I want the hardtop
I want the 2.7
I want the automatic
I want the SAS
I want the tow with the 7 pin
I want the vinyl seats
I want the rubber floor
I want the sta disconnect
I want the factory tint
I want the one pedal drive
I want the mid package

I don't want to "butcher" a new vehicle and try to make it something it's not to save a nickel.
I don't want to void any part of my warrantee. 😎
Sounds great. I’m not trying to tell you what to get. Just saying you don’t need to criticize someone else’s pick.
Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed the same thing. Not sure why that is. I ordered the Lux and it didn’t seem to delay mine. Maybe I just got lucky.
Cool, congrats on your build. I'll stick with what I have because the rest I'm not willing to compromise on (specifically two door). That being said, I'm with everyone else who has said they would gladly take a two door wrapped in plastic and throw a bestop on it. Even if I had to do that for a year or two and know that I can get the hard top later at a reasonable price I would take that deal. But so far doesn't seem like Ford is interested in offering that and instead keeps building base and BB models for customers that walk in off the street...

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by a Ford engineer that the tow option wasn't a commodity constraint but rather an issue between Ford and DOT on tow capacity rating. Ford wanted approval to match the Ranger's 7000 lbs tow capacity, but DOT said no. It went back and forth, but Ford eventually caved and went with the 3500 lbs rating.

Take that for what its worth, which is not much....just passing along what I was told from someone closer than most in these situations.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had all 3 and dropped the PPF. No build date yet. All I know for sure is that I will get my Bronco before the Minnesota Vikings ever win a Superbowl.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told by a Ford engineer that the tow option wasn't a commodity constraint but rather an issue between Ford and DOT on tow capacity rating. Ford wanted approval to match the Ranger's 7000 lbs tow capacity, but DOT said no. It went back and forth, but Ford eventually caved and went with the 3500 lbs rating.

Take that for what its worth, which is not much....just passing along what I was told from someone closer than most in these situations.
It's less than 3,500 lbs for a few configurations according to the Ford website.
Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford Screenshot_20211203-085941_Adobe Acrobat

Sponsored

BEAR B8

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Settling in... Day 2 reservation, Wildtrak, Lux package, MIC hardtop, tow. Not changing a thing.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I had to reorder removed tow already had soft top.
Now got 1/24/22 build week so maybe it made a difference.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re hanging on to PPF still you have only yourself to blame. That’s the one thing that can be done easily and probably better after delivery.

Teampuryear12

Badlands
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you mean ordered 5-4? Dang 46 with a 1st day reservation. Nice though, congrats. I’ll be at 500 shortly and probably still have a year for my wife’s 2 door.
We waited until bronco nation came to towsend tn and we actually got to see touch and ride in the bronco before we placed our order so it was may 4th 2021 before the first order was placed got the same email everyone else did, your a 2022 have to reorder, i know the frustrations i have been there just the same as many of us have, i dont get the scheduling how they do pick what gets built, the no reservation order in October order people make me want to chew through nails also. I know everyones pain i truly do, i have looked at every option under the sun and decided i was going to wait until we finally got it even if it was 2023..

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Truth is, no one knows anything since Ford won't communicate. Why are so many of us still on Dirt Mtn? We can only speculate. Order what you want, it might not matter anyway.

gazrb

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Sentra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd say if you have a day 1 or 2 or 3 reservation, don't touch it. You will get scheduled soon, regardless of constraint.

Anything after that...change it if you want to get a build in 2022

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does the Curt harness install? Does it have to connect to the battery? I had a Reese trailer light kit for my wife's Equinox that had to run a cable all the way up to the battery. Two kits later and I gave up on it never got it to operate correctly. (full disclosure, former Reese engineer)
Yes there’s a power wire with a fuse that runs off the battery to the back it’s the only “wiring” to do but you don’t have to cut/spice into your factory harness. There is a pre wired box that it connects to, I mounted the box up on top of the frame cross member at near the hitch. I think the “plug & play” is referring to the fact that the curt harness connects into the tail light plugs.

Epenney

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or just go buy a Subaru instead.
I had to put $700 in tires and another $700-$1000 exhaust into the Subes this week because I have no Bronco. Chances my dealership will call to see if Ill consider dropping the tow or MIC? 0% better off leasing what they get in stock for 24mos while Ford tries to figure out how to build an SUV.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's less than 3,500 lbs for a few configurations according to the Ford website.
Ford Bronco Removing these 3 constraints / commodities will improve your Bronco order’s chances of getting scheduled - says Ford Screenshot_20211203-085941_Adobe Acrobat
With that being said, I believe they wanted it to mach the Ranger's capacity. He was adamant that it wasn't commodity but more DOT regulation. Again, take it with a grain of salt - but it made sense to me at the time he told (2 weeks ago). 2 Doors were legit constraint, along with the back log of hard tops.

He did also say the 2.7 isn't an issue because its the power for Ford's bread and butter (F150) and they are literally stacked on the floor.

Not saying he's the truth of all truths, but he said this all with confidence and not missing a beat.
Sponsored