First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ranger uses the 10R80 and Bronco uses the 10R60. I can't speak to the tradeoffs between those two, but they are different units.
That's probably the main factor limiting towing.
Sponsored

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

any merit to that or just jibber jabber

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep getting the Rodeo invites and I have already attended the one in Austin - Don't think I can go again! But even then, It's just torture to drive one and not know when you're getting one.
Removed tow package with the 22 re-order - and never had PPF ordered, Still nothing!!

Stuck in 2dr purgatory!!!!
Me too, attended OR, changed to Badlands from Black Diamond still 2dr. Donttt wanna 4dr... I'm sticking.

Sponsored

BadA$$Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Ronda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dang it, I guess I’ll get mine in 2125.
Badlands, Sasquatch, Mic, Mid, High, Tow, Lux

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Remove MIC top” and install later… for a huge price increase when buying over the Parts counter.

Well played, Ford.
And don't forget it will be a 1.5-2 year wait before you can even order a hard top a la carte because all hardtops produced through at least 2022 will be for existing orders!

BadA$$Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Ronda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ultimately : 2 middle fingers to this crap.
What can you do to get your order earlier. Change your order to something you don’t want and pay for it later ! What an effing joke. How about you start knocking down the price for over promising and under delivering ? Ford your stock is increasing, your profits are too. Time for you to take the effing bullet for disappointing us time and time again, delivering low quality pos tops, and continuing to ask your loyal customers to change to something they don’t want to ensure they get something faster. Hey, how about we all change our orders to fiestas while we’re at it, that way we can really get our vehicle of choice faster. As long as you don’t want a bronco, you’ll get you “bronco-ish” sooner.
Makes you want to go to Jeep. I’m so sad!!!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's probably the main factor limiting towing.
No, not really. It's the suspension, the softer Bronco suspension is less adept at towing that the Ranger. There is no issue with the 3500# tow rating being limited to going 45 degrees vertical with the 2.7, the transmission isn't going to break. The Brakes on the Bronco are every bit as good as the Ranger too.

It's the overly soft suspension that's the likely culprit (which is easy to address too).

Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This memo was sent to Ford dealers today to help guide customers improve their chances of getting their Bronco order scheduled.

To improve a customer's chance of getting their order scheduled, we recommend they consider making the following adjustments based on our most constrained commodities:
Remove From Order And Install Later (part #'s listed below - must be ordered via parts department):
  • Paint Protection Film (nationally capacity is 2% vs. 14% order mix)
    • Alternative: Paint Protection Film (Part #VM2DZ-2120000-A)
  • Trailer Tow (national capacity is 31% vs. 62% order mix)
    • Alternative: Trailer Hitch Kit (#MB3Z-19D520-A) & Wiring Harness for Trailer Hitch Kit (#FT1Z-15A416-A)
  • MIC Hard Top (switch to soft top w/ prep kit on 4 door)
@Ford Motor Company
Suggestion: Release the cost of us buying the MIC as an accessory and make shipping to dealership free or at a low set price of $300 for shipping plus cost of the top $2600 (made up number...kinda). Make it for only reservation holders.

I'd gladly switch to soft top for a 2022 build and then buy a MIC for $3K with delivery a year or two from now. I bet a lot of others would do the same and this has surely been said by others on this forum. So @Ford Motor Company have you considered this sort of solution? if so what's stopping you? if not then perhaps...?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was told by a Ford engineer that the tow option wasn't a commodity constraint but rather an issue between Ford and DOT on tow capacity rating. Ford wanted approval to match the Ranger's 7000 lbs tow capacity, but DOT said no. It went back and forth, but Ford eventually caved and went with the 3500 lbs rating.

Take that for what its worth, which is not much....just passing along what I was told from someone closer than most in these situations.
That would be wonderful, but makes no sense in the context of constraining production by half the demand.

There must be a constrained chip in that 7-pin harness.

broncoyanc

Wildtrak
First Name
clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 f150 03 ranger edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I want what I want and not what Ford wants me to order.
With all the orders Ford has for hardtops, and the supplier
is having an issue with demand one would think the supplier
needs to find a means to ramp up production (additional plant)
or a second supplier.
There are lots of customers willing to throw $50,000 to $60,000
to FOMOCO but it does not seem to faze Ford in the least bit.
Ford should have some type of Projections in place as to which
quarter the Order Holder should receive their truck

BsCostanzo1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a BL, 4dr, 2.7, lux ordered. I ordered with a soft top and tow. I called my dealer today and had them update my order and remove the tow pkg. Aftermarket 4 pin is fine for me. Hope I get moved up to a February or March build.
Sponsored