First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I've been looking at less minty/custom boxwood greens all this time. I don't want Cactus Gray Green like the render, I want a light/mid green with some olive/pea green in it.

1611608162763.png

1611608196562.png

1611608383947.png
Beautiful!

I’m a huge fan of boxwood...
If 2022 has it- which I highly doubt- it would make waiting way worth it...
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C55 amg
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I suspect the filler panel inboard of the tail light is strategically a separate part for tail light shape flexibility come facelift time..
That said, during lunch time, I piggybacked off of your Edited images @Ohnoohnoooo
Edited the tail lights.
Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops Bronco panel
Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops Bronco rear facelift

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got a couple builds in mind (another is a BL), but one is OBX + 33s + small lift, so I wanted to see what that may be. Here are a pile of photos (NOTE none are available as shown here, this is my retouching of B&P images). Made some as gifs for easy comparison. This is what I did:

• Added 17/33s to OBX(+ same lift as BL) + steel bumper

• Color-corrected the Cactus Gray using samples from real-life photos (I have seen it in person, but the contrasting colors are important in understanding how it will behave. The samples I used are from full-sun, shade, sunset and flat light). I used the lighting from the original to guide whether I matched the lighter or darker tones. See the gif :) For me, I wish it CG was the B&P and launch materials color, but that isn't the case. I want to see a bit of reality before committing, and B&P isn't going to fix it.

• "Made" a Shadow Black and Oxford White top.

• Also "painted" the OBX flares Shadow Black — it certainly gives the impression of a bigger space in the wheel well.

•And then as my 2.7, Lux and Shadow black will likely bump me to MY22, I made my wish-Bronco — Boxwood green with white top. While I am dreaming, the grill would be the Black Diamond one and white, and the interior saddle leather.

Not available yet, but I sure wish it was.

Hope this helps someone in their decision.

:love: Boxwood Green, OW top (33s)

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops Bronco rear facelift

Boxwood Green, OW top, SB flares (33s)

OBX + 33s (not color-corrected Cactus Gray)

color-corrected cactus gray, shadow black top:

Oxford White + OW top + SB painted OBX flares (33s):

color-corrected Cactus Gray, Shadow Black top (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, OW top (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, SB top, SB flares (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, SB top (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, OW top, SB flares (33s)
Obviously, you are a genius!

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's too bad the people responsible for this creativity (Above) are not the VP Design at Ford. BTW, Ford just announced TODAY a new Design VP, a guy named Anthony Lo from Renault. Are you kidding me? Renault? SHOOT ME NOW. Com'on Man! There was no one else in the whole damn Ford Motor Company that was qualified for this job?

Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This Company does something really GREAT one minute, then blows it all up the next minute.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a couple builds in mind (another is a BL), but one is OBX + 33s + small lift, so I wanted to see what that may be. Here are a pile of photos (NOTE none are available as shown here, this is my retouching of B&P images). Made some as gifs for easy comparison. This is what I did:

• Added 17/33s to OBX(+ same lift as BL) + steel bumper

• Color-corrected the Cactus Gray using samples from real-life photos (I have seen it in person, but the contrasting colors are important in understanding how it will behave. The samples I used are from full-sun, shade, sunset and flat light). I used the lighting from the original to guide whether I matched the lighter or darker tones. See the gif :) For me, I wish it CG was the B&P and launch materials color, but that isn't the case. I want to see a bit of reality before committing, and B&P isn't going to fix it.

• "Made" a Shadow Black and Oxford White top.

• Also "painted" the OBX flares Shadow Black — it certainly gives the impression of a bigger space in the wheel well.

•And then as my 2.7, Lux and Shadow black will likely bump me to MY22, I made my wish-Bronco — Boxwood green with white top. While I am dreaming, the grill would be the Black Diamond one and white, and the interior saddle leather.

Not available yet, but I sure wish it was.

Hope this helps someone in their decision.

:love: Boxwood Green, OW top (33s)

Boxwood Green, OW top, SB flares (33s)

OBX + 33s (not color-corrected Cactus Gray)

color-corrected cactus gray, shadow black top:

Oxford White + OW top + SB painted OBX flares (33s):

color-corrected Cactus Gray, Shadow Black top (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, SB top (33s)

color-corrected Cactus Gray, OW top, SB flares (33s)
Boxwood green looks good the cactus grey looks lie an off white

OP
OP
Ohnoohnoooo

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not as nice as the OP's effort but this gives an idea of the look.

boxwood2dr.jpg
Excellent! Do you have any info on those wheels? Or are they Sasquatch wheels rendered a little?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ohnoohnoooo

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I've been looking at less minty/custom boxwood greens all this time. I don't want Cactus Gray Green like the render, I want a light/mid green with some olive/pea green in it.

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops boxwood2dr
Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops boxwood2dr
This is the reference i used. Boxwood has many subtle hues on the intertubes, some more pea, some with more blue in them. What IS missing is the high gloss of the older shots, it's looking matte here. But i'd take any variation of this green it in a heartbeat.

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611622731429

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611622540794

OP
OP
Ohnoohnoooo

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awesome thanks for doing that!

not to sound completely unappreciate lol, but would you mind rendering the boxwood with black/tan/body colored roof if not too much trouble. Thanks!
badda bing!

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611624012197

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611623993432

Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611624308920

Also deepened the boxwood on the side render white top as that one on B&P is really washed out color-wise.
Ford Bronco Rendering: 2022 Boxwood Green and Cactus Gray OBX with 33s + white tops + shadow black tops 1611623672506

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re awesome! Thanks so much. I really like tan!

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Excellent! Do you have any info on those wheels? Or are they Sasquatch wheels rendered a little?
They are just the squatch wheels lightened up to look a bit like polished aluminum. A white top really needs white or light colored wheels. Chrome wheels work on vehicles with chrome trim but I'm not sure how they will look on this vehicle with the black trim.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
ANOTHER PASTEL COLOR OMG!!! Does no one appreciate how good (any color) metallic paint looks with a couple of nice coats of clear over the top? How rich and deep it can look? Now another baby vomit color with matching door handles... FORD please stop putting 20 something paint designers in charge of your Bronco color program!!
Let me guess: next is dirt brown, and primer grey like those fugly Toyotas!!??
Sponsored