Sponsored

Reordering Process: Do the original orders roll over to MY22 or not?

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally reserved 8/28/20 and ordered 2/5/21. I recently got the dreaded email like so many of you that sadly, I would be receiving a MY22 and my dealer would have more information in September to share with me.

I reached out to my dealerships Bronco point guy today via email stating I knew the order banks opened tomorrow and to let me know if he needed anything from me to process my reorder. This was his response:

ā€œI donā€™t think youā€™ll have to reorder. From my understanding any order not picked up automatically rolls to a 22.ā€

I have read on this forum from others before that I would, in fact, have to reorder my Bronco.

This is when I get nervous. The dealerships are so uninformed and while I want to trust him, I also donā€™t want to get screwed over after waiting more than a year. I donā€™t want to push him unless I can find some factual, printed information showing I do in fact have to place a new order. This is where you all awesome people come in.

Does anyone have this information in writing to share? A link to where I can find it? Anything at all would be helpful and very much appreciated.

Build: Badlands, Lux, tow, soft top, 2.7L

Help a girl out! Thanks in advance!

Also, Woo Pig Sooie! šŸ¤£šŸŽ‰ā¤
Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I originally reserved 8/28/20 and ordered 2/5/21. I recently got the dreaded email like so many of you that sadly, I would be receiving a MY22 and my dealer would have more information in September to share with me.

I reached out to my dealerships Bronco point guy today via email stating I knew the order banks opened tomorrow and to let me know if he needed anything from me to process my reorder. This was his response:

ā€œI donā€™t think youā€™ll have to reorder. From my understanding any order not picked up automatically rolls to a 22.ā€

I have read on this forum from others before that I would, in fact, have to reorder my Bronco.

This is when I get nervous. The dealerships are so uninformed and while I want to trust him, I also donā€™t want to get screwed over after waiting more than a year. I donā€™t want to push him unless I can find some factual, printed information showing I do in fact have to place a new order. This is where you all awesome people come in.

Does anyone have this information in writing to share? A link to where I can find it? Anything at all would be helpful and very much appreciated.

Build: Badlands, Lux, tow, soft top, 2.7L

Help a girl out! Thanks in advance!

Also, Woo Pig Sooie! šŸ¤£šŸŽ‰ā¤
We about the same build and same reservation and order dates. I'm curious as well. Following this post.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if they have some program that will roll them over then kick out the ones that need judication because of parts changes for MY22. But it's Ford so probably means everybody has to reorder...

RogueAce70

Wildtrak
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I donā€™t have anything in writing however I spoke to the dealer Iā€™m working with in TX yesterday & they told me I would have to reorder, I would rather the order just roll over but according to them it will not. They didnā€™t know when the order banks were going to reopen though, has it been confirmed when they actually open for MY22?

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not surprising, my dealer confidently gave me different information. A new order would have to be placed based on the new colors and options that become available for 22. Not saying your dealer is wrong but someone is wrong here.
Like you said, again Ford leaves the dealer uninformed which trickles down to us.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TxBadlands

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t have anything in writing however I spoke to the dealer Iā€™m working with in TX yesterday & they told me I would have to reorder, I would rather the order just roll over but according to them it will not. They didnā€™t know when the order banks were going to reopen though, has it been confirmed when they actually open for MY22?
Yeah, I saw it on a post yesterday that 9/13 they open them again for My22. Not sure if thatā€™s gospel but this group generally immediately corrects anything truly wrong so I take it to be true that and the dealer didnā€™t correct me. Iā€™m working with Covert in Hutto, you?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I originally reserved 8/28/20 and ordered 2/5/21.

The dealerships are so uninformed and while I want to trust him,
I'm on about the same timeline as you.... Aug res, January order, pushed to 2022.
It was reported months ago MY21 orders would have to be updated when MY22 ordering opens.

It's now unlikely MY22 ordering opens tomorrow, it may have been Ford's initial plan, but it's likely delayed until sometime in October.

True, the dealers don't have all the answers. You're more likely to see new info here on the forum before most of the dealers know it!

We should find out in the next month or so what we will have to do.....Hang in there!

OP
OP
TxBadlands

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not surprising, my dealer confidently gave me different information. A new order would have to be placed based on the new colors and options that become available for 22. Not saying your dealer is wrong but someone is wrong here.
Like you said, again Ford leaves the dealer uninformed which trickles down to us.
Oh I have doubts that any information he shares is to be taken with a grain of salt, for sure. Lol this is why Iā€™m looking for it in writing so I can share with him so we donā€™t waste time reordering.

Did your dealer make mention of how the time stamp and order number would work? Would they remain the same for original orders already placed?

OP
OP
TxBadlands

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on about the same timeline as you.... Aug res, January order, pushed to 2022.
It was reported months ago MY21 orders would have to be updated when MY22 ordering opens.

It's now unlikely MY22 ordering opens tomorrow, it may have been Ford's initial plan, but it's likely delayed until sometime in October.

True, the dealers don't have all the answers. You're more likely to see new info here on the forum before most of the dealers know it!

We should find out in the next month or so what we will have to do.....Hang in there!
Haha! Yes, agreed. I figured Iā€™d have better luck with more facts here than from him, sadly.

Hoping someone with inside knowledge or a contact at Ford will have more definitive answers in the coming days.

Iā€™m not happy with waiting, but Iā€™ve waited this long so on to the next upside down loop in the rollercoaster of this Bronco ride I canā€™t get off yet šŸ˜‚ā¤ I honestly donā€™t think Iā€™ve been more excited about a car in my life!

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh I have doubts that any information he shares is to be taken with a grain of salt, for sure. Lol this is why Iā€™m looking for it in writing so I can share with him so we donā€™t waste time reordering.

Did your dealer make mention of how the time stamp and order number would work? Would they remain the same for original orders already placed?
To be honest, my dealer has no clue. If Ford is going to do the right thing they would keep our place in line based on time stamp. Who knows!šŸ¤Ŗ

Sponsored

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From my dealer rep on 8/17: "You won't have to resubmit your order when the 2022 order banks open. I'll change your priority code at that time and if you want to make any changes, you can." I think @Zach@Granger respond similarly in a recent thread.

OP
OP
TxBadlands

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, my dealer has no clue. If Ford is going to do the right thing they would keep our place in line based on time stamp. Who knows!šŸ¤Ŗ
I would hope so given the sensitivity of the situation. I canā€™t imagine weā€™d lose our place in line after a year. And of course, the dealership would still have our orders ahead of any new ones in their allocation lineup anyway. Iā€™m not truly worried about that part, but thereā€™s still that 5% chance Ford screws this up because their track record thus far has been dismal. šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ

OP
OP
TxBadlands

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From my dealer rep on 8/17: "You won't have to resubmit your order when the 2022 order banks open. I'll change your priority code at that time and if you want to make any changes, you can." I think @Zach@Granger respond similarly in a recent thread.
Thank you! I really appreciate you sharing. Iā€™ll give it a few days and reach back out to see if the order banks do in fact open this week and if so, Iā€™ll ask him about updating my priority code.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would hope so given the sensitivity of the situation. I canā€™t imagine weā€™d lose our place in line after a year. And of course, the dealership would still have our orders ahead of any new ones in their allocation lineup anyway. Iā€™m not truly worried about that part, but thereā€™s still that 5% chance Ford screws this up because their track record thus far has been dismal. šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ
Oh yes. 5% is more than enough screwinā€™ up room for sure!

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You'll have to resubmit your order i believe. The dealer may just do that for you and send you a confirmation. But the orders will need to be replicated and submitted as 2022s.
Sponsored