Sponsored

Repairing scratches / scuffs on interior door panel?

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got some scuffs on the door panel from where my foot has hit it and also where the handle is from finger nails. Tried wiping with some detailers and meguiars #39 vinyl cleaner but can't get them out. They look like they have a little glazing on them so I assume I must have damaged some top layer on top of the plastic?

any other recommendations?
Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Live with it and drive it. Itā€™s a Bronco and thatā€™s part of it. Every scratch tells a story. And Iā€™m saying this being a little ocd myself.

The minute my German Shepherds entered it for the first time I had scratches all over the interior and rear bumper etc. each scratch tells a story and Iā€™m keeping this together in the family. The story continues. šŸ˜Š

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You get a follow for this! I also have a giant German Shepard. Between her, my son and his friends, we are leaving memories all over the Bronco.

Tabman10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't give me the "live with it" crap. The interior door skin are the cheapest, most brittle, plastic crap that I have ever seen in a vehicle - even $10k rental Kias are better. The dors may be OK for a base model, but for a $60k, full of compromises, mid-size, "rugged" SUV, Ford should have done so much better for the few dollars more it would cost them. You should be able to beat the crap out of the vehicle, wash it out, and it still look pretty damn good afterwards. @Ford Motor Company - you need to fire the people who choose (or approve) your interior materials.

And don't even get me started on the painted plastic dash and trim pieces. I imagine that there are already people getting 303 AP, Armor All, or even just grease from their hands on these parts to the point where the paint is softening and coming right off.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im Waiting for some industrious individual with more skills than me to come up with aftermarket interior trim kits.

I could see a huge demand for more rugged, utility, and purpose driven interior trim panels. I'm imagining things like molle panels and storage solutions integrated directly into the trunk side paneling that would entirely replace the Ford chineseium crap that is stock.

I could even see application for metal trim on the interior doors and panels.

Sponsored

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im Waiting for some industrious individual with more skills than me to come up with aftermarket interior trim kits.

I could see a huge demand for more rugged, utility, and purpose driven interior trim panels. I'm imagining things like molle panels and storage solutions integrated directly into the trunk side paneling that would entirely replace the Ford chineseium crap that is stock.

100% agree with this. Someone with 3D printer skills could easily make black inside trim pieces (especially in the cargo area) that aren't so flimsy and crappy. I do wonder if this would be a patent violation.... but could be lots of business there.

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I suspect some Bronco trims will receive upgraded trim next year.

Otherwise we need to convince the Taco Vinyl guy to come over to the darkside with some Ford versions.

Ford Bronco Repairing scratches / scuffs on interior door panel? 1698443348961

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't give me the "live with it" crap. The interior door skin are the cheapest, most brittle, plastic crap that I have ever seen in a vehicle - even $10k rental Kias are better. The dors may be OK for a base model, but for a $60k, full of compromises, mid-size, "rugged" SUV, Ford should have done so much better for the few dollars more it would cost them. You should be able to beat the crap out of the vehicle, wash it out, and it still look pretty damn good afterwards. @Ford Motor Company - you need to fire the people who choose (or approve) your interior materials.

And don't even get me started on the painted plastic dash and trim pieces. I imagine that there are already people getting 303 AP, Armor All, or even just grease from their hands on these parts to the point where the paint is softening and coming right off.
Good thing I paid under 30k for my Bronco then. :) Agreed the interior plastic panels seem to easily scratch. I put a 3 inch scratch on the rear interior side panel when loading something, tried to smooth it out, but that scratch is there to stay.

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chill out, try a hair dryer on the plastic or a heat gun be careful you don't melt anything. there are tutorials on you tube for repairing plastic door. if this doesn't work sell the truck and get another kia. good luck

Mkass

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

chill out, try a hair dryer on the plastic or a heat gun be careful you don't melt anything. there are tutorials on you tube for repairing plastic door. if this doesn't work sell the truck and get another kia. good luck

took me less than 30 seconds to find this

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I have come up with a cool idea. Still need to tweak shape. Seadek or similar marine decking. You can see my color sample in picture. I havenā€™t done this yet because my color combo requires a full sheet purchase. I may just go with brushed black or dark gray since you can buy small sheets. Itā€™s expensive to have it cut on CNC by the company. Buying small sheet and setting up a router with foam attached to a wooden template and bit to cut the bevel is my plan. You can cut it with a razor for straight cuts, but not beveled.

IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_4991.jpeg

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its so funny that people spend $60+K on a Bronco and complain about getting Base level trim quality....

You fell for the "Package" and got the "big screen" - or some tech you never use.....

I paid $36k for a base 4 door with hard top.... I dont really care if my trucks door cards have scuff marks. I didnt buy a G Wagen or X5 ..... TOO FUNNY!!!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its so funny that people spend $60+K on a Bronco and complain about getting Base level trim quality....

You fell for the "Package" and got the "big screen" - or some tech you never use.....

I paid $36k for a base 4 door with hard top.... I dont really care if my trucks door cards have scuff marks. I didnt buy a G Wagen or X5 ..... TOO FUNNY!!!
Iā€™m not too proud to admit I have OCD. Always taken care of my vehicles from my 1st one. I didnā€™t buy a Bronco to destroy it while itā€™s new. And never will. I live in Florida and off roading in mid pits does nothing for me. I like it out west. But donā€™t live there. So mine is a grocery getter/cruiser/detailing practice vehicle. There is no other vehicle I want. Door panels shouldnā€™t scratch from rough knuckles opening a door. My Ford work van doesnā€™t. Ford chose crap material for the Bronco and did it on my Maverick too.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the link below + heat gun did it for me. Like new. Enjoy

Chemical Guys TVD_109_16 Silk Shine Spray-able Dry-To-The-Touch Dressing and Protectant for Tires, Trim, Vinyl, Plastic and More, Safe for Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, RVs & More, 16 fl oz https://a.co/d/65ASRWk

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect some Bronco trims will receive upgraded trim next year.

Otherwise we need to convince the Taco Vinyl guy to come over to the darkside with some Ford versions.

Ford Bronco Repairing scratches / scuffs on interior door panel? IMG_4991
Skin graphics are cool if you are that kind of a dandy.

I'm more interested in shit that works over how it looks.

Function over form every time.
Sponsored