Sponsored

Replacing 4” speakers on the dash and rear pods.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It would be nice to know what exactly the dealer does in the reprogramming. Having a full frequency output to the rear would definitely help with upgrades. A nice set of wake board 6.5" pods with highly efficient speakers would be a good upgrade and much cheaper than the JBL bar. Hilarious that the un-amped dealer accessory costs as much/more as the amped version still sold.
Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just checking, so the grille fits back on in the rear pods with these? Couldn’t tell from the pics how flush they are.

JL Audio C1-400x fit in both front and rear pods perfect. They have removable ears that need to be taken off for the rears to fit. This combined with the Metra 72-5600 harness makes wiring easy. The harness isn't a perfect mate, but it "works". You'll see what i mean if you use that adapter.

Also looking for way to enable the bass in the rear!

jh3113

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How are you liking them? Did you put in base blockers too?
I added 300Hz Bass blockers to the front 4" ones. Front sound is awesome. Would suggest baffles for the 6" kickpanel speakers, I didn't get these and had to fiddle with getting the rattling to go away, wish I had bought these. Be careful pulling trim everywhere, I broke a clip because I was impatient and didn't pull it off properly.

The rear pods, well, they don't sound the best. They are better than stock, but still lacking but I believe this is because of the head unit. I think theres another forum that goes into more detail, but I believe if you want more power out of the rear ones, an Amp is gonna be required unless we can figure out how to do it with Forscan.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah I’ve been reading up. I was leaning on getting Alpine s-s40 or Kicker 47KSC404 cause I got it in my head that maybe they’re less harsh w/ silk tweeters. Not sure I could tell the difference. Anyway the JL are the only ones I could find locally right away. Otherwise I gotta order and ship.

I added 300Hz Bass blockers to the front 4" ones. Front sound is awesome. Would suggest baffles for the 6" kickpanel speakers, I didn't get these and had to fiddle with getting the rattling to go away, wish I had bought these. Be careful pulling trim everywhere, I broke a clip because I was impatient and didn't pull it off properly.

The rear pods, well, they don't sound the best. They are better than stock, but still lacking but I believe this is because of the head unit. I think theres another forum that goes into more detail, but I believe if you want more power out of the rear ones, an Amp is gonna be required unless we can figure out how to do it with Forscan.

let me know if you have any other questions.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah I’ve been reading up. I was leaning on getting Alpine s-s40 or Kicker 47KSC404 cause I got it in my head that maybe they’re less harsh w/ silk tweeters. Not sure I could tell the difference. Anyway the JL are the only ones I could find locally right away. Otherwise I gotta order and ship.
Did you go with the alpines or the kickers? I have been looking at both as well.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran into some issues while replacing my 4” dash and rear pods and I thought I would share some of my experience with y’all. In all it’s really worth it to replace them because the sound system is really sounding great now! But my issues come from the rear pods.
First issue is you need to buy after market speakers that are flush mount because any rise from a tweeter or speaker and the pod covers will not go back on. See video here.

Second issue is Ford has some type of regulator that removes almost all bass from the rear pods. See dash bass vs rear pods here.

I also did a factory speaker test vs after market.

I also did a stock dash vs kicker speaker test.

I hope this helps if anyone’s interested in doing the same!
@Bronco-tx I did my fronts this morning, gonna do rears tomorrow. How do the pod speaker grates pop off?! I haven’t been able to find a diagram and I have been know to break shit when using a little elbow grease. 😂 Trying to avoid that!

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Bronco-tx I did my fronts this morning, gonna do rears tomorrow. How do the pod speaker grates pop off?! I haven’t been able to find a diagram and I have been know to break shit when using a little elbow grease. 😂 Trying to avoid that!

They just clip in. Pop the side closest to the windshield first. You may want to have some epoxy on hand to fix the broken clips lol.

Sponsored

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the sound bar installed and they changed the audio settings at the dealership, so i’m wondering now that i get some bass going to the back speakers i can hook up a subwoofer to the rear speakers instead of running wiring all the way to the front

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the sound bar installed and they changed the audio settings at the dealership, so i’m wondering now that i get some bass going to the back speakers i can hook up a subwoofer to the rear speakers instead of running wiring all the way to the front
Interesting. Can you ask them how they did this?

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put these in last night. I bent L brackets to make them fit until I have time to make some solid metal brackets. They make a huge difference. I am waiting for my loopback harness to come in before I install my LOC, AMP, and Sub. The Line Output Convert I bought has channel summing so I will not need to have the stereo settings changed.

IMG-4340.JPG

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my Polk DB402 4" in the front and back last night. Man, what a difference! To be honest the stock base setup sounded better than the dealer mannequin that I got to check out early on, but this is worlds better. I used the Metra 72-5600's and it made hookup super easy. The rear pods are very clear, but still very limited by the head unit. Then when I did the fronts I tried 300k and 150k bass blockers, then no blockers. I ended up going without blockers, I was able to crank it up and not have any perceivable distortion, and the sound was a bit richer without the blockers. I'm happy with this set up and now have good fuller and clearer sound than before and true marine grade speakers to boot. I did pick up a JBL Nano sub for under the seat, but that will be for another day.

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Can you ask them how they did this?
If you get the installation sheets for the jbl soundbar it tells you what settings you need to change, i’m not sure if it can be done with forescan
Sponsored