Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t stand the alloy look of the SAS beadlock ring. I know there are ‘beauty’ rings in the Ford accessory catalog, but are these the same as beadlock rings? I want either the wildtrack beadlock ring or the gunmetal grey from the non-SAS badlands. Think they will be a direct swap?

sorry if this has been answered. I searched for 10 minutes and couldn’t find anything definitive for the ‘beadlock’ ring.

6595E7D6-DB0D-4048-A942-B0FB952E8FAF.jpeg
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The “beauty” rings are not the beadlock rings.

The beadlock rings are quite expensive and for “offroad use only.” Everything we’ve seen on an actual bronco so far are only “beauty” rings.*

Not sure if the BL and SAS rings are interchangeable. I suspect they do share a bolt pattern (since the accessory rings would have to be compatible), but who knows if the styling lines of the BL rings would look right on the Sas wheels.

FWIW I also don’t like the Sas rings and would prefer a more subdued ring (such as the BL).

*the exception is this prototype spy shot of a set of actual beadlock rings on a bronco:

Ford Bronco Replacing SAS beadlock ring with black or silver 1626831595071

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are part numbers floating around. But don’t think you can get them yet

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are part numbers floating around. But don’t think you can get them yet
Ford Bronco Replacing SAS beadlock ring with black or silver D6900412-38FE-4989-8C47-5C44320D3714

The three at the top are the beauty rings. The two at the bottom are the actual beadlock rings.

Worth noting this is out of the accessory catalog… no idea what the part number / price will be on the BL and Sas rings. (Assuming the silver Sas ring isn’t the silver wheel trim listed here.)

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Replacing SAS beadlock ring with black or silver D6900412-38FE-4989-8C47-5C44320D3714

The three at the top are the beauty rings. The two at the bottom are the actual beadlock rings.

Worth noting this is out of the accessory catalog… no idea what the part number / price will be on the BL and Sas rings. (Assuming the silver Sas ring isn’t the silver wheel trim listed here.)
Hoping one of those beadlock kits are black.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Plasti-Dip until the real beadlock rings are available.

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hoping one of those beadlock kits are black.
Pretty sure the only difference on the Wilstrak and First Edition Sasquatch wheels is the black color. They should be available soon and an easy swap out.

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This because everyone here so far is stuck on showing how much they know about the distinction between beadlock and beauty rings, when OP was only asking about the color/aesthetics.

Personally, I’m going with gun metal gray Plasti-Dip, if anything. It’s easy and easily undone.

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really appreciate you and your posts, Razor, always have for years, but this is what I see here.

The first sentence, you left out, is highly informative.

I can’t stand the alloy look of the SAS beadlock ring. I know there are ‘beauty’ rings in the Ford accessory catalog, but are these the same as beadlock rings? I want either the wildtrack beadlock ring or the gunmetal grey from the non-SAS badlands. Think they will be a direct swap?

sorry if this has been answered. I searched for 10 minutes and couldn’t find anything definitive for the ‘beadlock’ ring.

Did you have a bad day, Tom?

The OP’s questions were, specifically…

Q1: “I know there are ‘beauty’ rings in the Ford accessory catalog, but are these the same as beadlock rings?”

Q2: “Think they will be a direct swap?”

In light of those questions, it’s not surprising that members would try to answer them to help eliminate some understandable confusion.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

6595E7D6-DB0D-4048-A942-B0FB952E8FAF.jpeg
I will be taking my SASQ rings the powder coat shop and have them blacked. You could, alternatively, have them powder coated like BL upgraded wheels carb gray if you choose. I think Ford wanted $400,for black ring. Fuck that. Powder coating won't run $400. Plastidip won't last. I also need a vinyl decal on my 4 dr base doors if I ever get the damn thing.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be taking my SASQ rings the powder coat shop and have them blacked. You could, alternatively, have them powder coated like BL upgraded wheels carb gray if you choose. I think Ford wanted $400,for black ring. Fuck that. Powder coating won't run $400. Plastidip won't last. I also need a vinyl decal on my 4 dr base doors if I ever get the damn thing.
Plasti-Dip will last until the Plasti-Dip company goes under lol. Hundreds of 66-77 owners if not more with crawlers use it reliably and touch ups are a breeze.

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How much do you think a powder coat will run?

How long does a $4 can of Plasti-Dip have to last before it makes more sense? I haven’t had any issues over the course of years.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty sure the only difference on the Wilstrak and First Edition Sasquatch wheels is the black color. They should be available soon and an easy swap out.
I’m referring to the actual beadlocks. I want black real beadlocks, not beauty rings. Btw, couldn’t they come up with a better name than “beauty” rings? Rock rings or bash rings are two that come to mind with zero effort.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is the technique for plast dipping these things? Do you spray with them bolted in place? Or remove and spray them?
Sponsored