First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure about the 4-pin only harness, but the factory Tow Package includes the 7-pin connector and plug-and-play functionality for a trailer brake controller under the front dash.

If you look at the installation guide to add this after delivery (P/N are similar/same to the Ranger item), there is a significant amount of wiring that needs to be spliced and ran from the driver footwell all the way to the rear of the vehicle.
From BN " We understand these are some of the features that make Bronco appealing. For those of you willing to wait, Ford will build the Bronco you ordered, but it may not be as soon as you would like. For those of you wanting to move up in line, we recommend you consider removing some non-essentials or easy to install aftermarket features like trailer towing. "

Who do I trust? I'll place bets on Zack that's who.

Based on this nugget of information deleting the trailer tow package will probably result in a bunch of untidy wiring that can go wrong. Especially if you want a 7 pin harness with the option to add a trailer brake controller.
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only 2 out of 4 this time 😞 guess that's better then my 4 out of 6 earlier 😀

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Having been on record multiple times as having preached "keep your build sheet as simple as possible", it seems that even things such as tow package will be a bugaboo for Bronco VIN's.

There were a few small items for Ranger that skewed production, but nothing like a materially impacted global supply chain network is doing to 2020, 2021 and likely 2022.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So you think it’s just random luck that Bronco isn’t affected?...and a coincidence that people have reported time after time that it’s a different chip set? Ok.
No its not random luck. I have no proof but I believe Ford made a deliberate decision to protect/save the roll out of a new brand (Bronco). This chip shortage is short term and Ford wants this Bronco roll out not to be delayed any further. We are only talking about 60,000 chips and in the grand scheme of things its insignificant. My two cents. :cool:

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have all but the Sasquatch. I do however already have a build week 6/7 and vin as a priority build. So….I should be unaffected by the new deadly 4.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hard Top? Are we talking the MIC? Didn't think that was a problem
But as for the others I have all 3.
Expecting to get cancelled or pushed to 2030 Why? just cause.....
Hell I'll probably get my Raptor R before the Bronco...
For now the Raptor and Lil Bronco will have to do

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Im a winner! No order confirmation and I have all 4! Woo hoo! I’m patient though. Maybe by the time I get it I can pay cash for it. Lol

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From BN " We understand these are some of the features that make Bronco appealing. For those of you willing to wait, Ford will build the Bronco you ordered, but it may not be as soon as you would like. For those of you wanting to move up in line, we recommend you consider removing some non-essentials or easy to install aftermarket features like trailer towing. "

Who do I trust? I'll place bets on Zack that's who.

Based on this nugget of information deleting the trailer tow package will probably result in a bunch of untidy wiring that can go wrong. Especially if you want a 7 pin harness with the option to add a trailer brake controller.
Additionally, we’ve recently seen trailer wiring harness listed as an accessory, but it’s only the 4-pin…

…so if you want that 7-pin, the most painless way (in my opinion) is just pay the cost and potential delay premium to have the factory do it.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No its not random luck. I have no proof but I believe Ford made a deliberate decision to protect/save the roll out of a new brand (Bronco). This chip shortage is short term and Ford wants this Bronco roll out not to be delayed any further. We are only talking about 60,000 chips and in the grand scheme of things its insignificant. My two cents. :cool:
There are more than one chip in a vehicle. A normal car has around 20 ECUs (e.g. ECM , TCM, SCU, etc.) and modern luxury cars can have around 100 per vehicle.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well looks like I am shit out of luck. 4/4 of the deadly four.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Posted this afternoon by BN Mods:

What items will likely delay my Bronco from being built sooner?

· Hard top
· Sasquatch package
· Tow package
· 2.7L engine

Chips are Not an issue with Bronco:
I have the Mic top, 2.7, tow package but no Sasquatch and my OBX Area51 is scheduled for June 21. Not worth changing orders for a few months time. They'll all come in time!

jdub.csu

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester, 2020 Honda, 2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad the 2dr is off that list!

I'm surprised by the chip shortage comment, unless Ford is talking them from other vehicles for the already mostly guaranteed Bronco orders.
Ford knew there was crazy demand for it in 2020 and probably ordered up the chips then for these vehicles (before the chip shortage got really bad) or they are stealing them from other lines