2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive been saying this for awhile now, but my hunch has always been that the hardtop will be an issue. Almost every one on display has been a soft top besides the early pre-production ones that looked like garbage inside, only been seeing majority 4doors on display and the fact that the webasto guy had leaked some early information before wiping his account.

im not changing to a soft top, nor am I dumping the 2.7. Iā€™ll keep the tow package for simplicity reasons of having the 7pin and option for brake controller vs having to splice and run wiring.
Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There are more than one chip in a vehicle. A normal car has around 20 ECUs (e.g. ECM , TCM, SCU, etc.) and modern luxury cars can have around 100 per vehicle.
yes, and my point is still valid. very small number compared to over all Ford production.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad the 2dr is off that list!

I'm surprised by the chip shortage comment, unless Ford is talking them from other vehicles for the already mostly guaranteed Bronco orders.
Me too but since they are all hard tops that puts it in the mix still.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So far the Manual Transmission does not seem to be a constraint, which actually surprises me. Especially given that it's basically custom for the Bronco.

Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im down to just 1 out of 4, I guess thats good. I'm going to deduce that there is a 75% chance I get scheduled next round šŸ˜…
Same, and since like 90+% of people are getting a MIC top, Iā€™m assuming that one will be resilved

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive been saying this for awhile now, but my hunch has always been that the hardtop will be an issue. Almost every one on display has been a soft top besides the early pre-production ones that looked like garbage inside, only been seeing majority 4doors on display and the fact that the webasto guy had leaked some early information before wiping his account.

im not changing to a soft top, nor am I dumping the 2.7. Iā€™ll keep the tow package for simplicity reasons of having the 7pin and option for brake controller vs having to splice and run wiring.
Iā€™m sure this is out there already, but I thought it was interesting about the Hard Tops

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/1901/#js-comment-12189

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really need the hitch for my bike carrier. The hard top is staying on my 2door Badlands. But Iā€™m tempted to take off the Tow, Iā€™d rather getter summer, as opposed to fall. Idk. Dammit. Still, cited.
My dealer talked me out of the hitch, so glad he did. He recommended an aftermarket one for much cheaper

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have them all since I have a Wildtrak. No build date. Tempted to now add the LUX but confused on the potential impact. Could it push me back a month or to a MY22. Hard to understand. LUX isnā€™t a commodity constraint (anymore) however my dealer wasnā€™t sure how severe the impact would be if I now add on the LUX.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No. As I said in an earlier post, I think they must have taken chips from another line.

But you still didn't answer my question. Do you have a reference? Or is this just what you heard from other people? (I've heard the same thing, but no one ever posted where they got the info.) If you have a reference that shows it as fact, then I will admit my mistake.
I'm with you for fact checking. No fake news for Broncodave! :ROFLMAO:

Honestly, I'd think this would be a closely held secret for Ford. I can also see Jeep buying up chips just for giggles to disrupt the supply chain.

I do think your theory of pulling chips off of another line of as yet allocated vehicles to move into the Bronco. Can't see the Bronco silicone as being anything special besides the typical off the shelf variety that Ford normally procures. Sure I could be wrong but the economies if scale are what will help make this thing more profitable.

Or maybe that's just it. Bronco and F-150 are likely the most profitable in the Ford stable (pun! Ha!), so it makes sense to shift all priority buys and shipping over to it, but that can create some serious downstream disruptions at other plants and for the dealerships.

Watching the bean counters sort out this mess is exciting for we Economists!

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 4runner V8, 06 Wrangler LJ, 15 Wrangler JKUR...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If tires are the reason for the shortage w/ Sasquatch then Ford needs to step up and have other tire options that are available.
I would gladly take some other tire, or a credit or something for different tires if it got me my vehicle sooner. How many folks will upgrade their tires right away anyways? Probably quite a few.
Put some cooper stt pro on mine please! I don't want goodyear tires anyway...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sure this is out there already, but I thought it was interesting about the Hard Tops

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/group-posts/1901/#js-comment-12189
No revelations thereā€¦ and really not much substance.

Im curious if once he spills his juicy insider knowledge it will be any different than what we already know:

Just before COVID, Webasto committed to building a new facility for manufacturing hardtops for the Bronco (and Jeep?), and was supposed to be done for full scale production in 2020.

The Covid work stoppages meant the factory construction ground to a haltā€¦ then you couldnā€™t get materialsā€¦

All the problems and inconsistencies with the early hard tops were because they were all more or less hand built one-offs. Still working out the designs and finalizing the build processes.

Hardtops are absolutely delayed, weā€™ve known that for a whileā€¦ even before Mod top late availability and then being pushed to MY22.

I donā€™t think itā€™s an indictment of Webasto or Ford, as much as an indication of how screwed up the entire manufacturing sector has been for the past year.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All 4 baby! This will be interesting
Sponsored