First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 BRONCO, 2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
tow package has been for a while (rather odd, considering what little material is actually in that package).

I have all of the 4 and don't care, it'll get here when it gets here.
Same here. Worth the wait!

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would forget the hardtop for now, if they put the hardtop hookups on all Broncos..where I could add the hardtop later.

but for some idiotic reason they wont make the wiper/defroster connections standard...
Exactly. Especially with the constraints, this should have been added to all top choices to make upgrading easier.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People who don't understand dealer priority orders:

i rEsErVeD In nOvEmBeR AnD HaVe aLl 4 oF ThEsE ThInGs aNd mY BuIlD Is sChEdUlEd fOr tHe fIrSt wEeK Of jUnE!

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The good news is that all the nincompoops that change orders to get theirs sooner frees up commodities for those of us not willing to sacrifice. Hell, I'm all for folks downgrading orders. At this rate I will get my BD with V6, Sas and MIC sooner than that guy who complains all the time gets his bone stock base build.
Precisely why I'm not dropping the tow package. If I drop it, someone with a higher trim level will just end up with it and my baby will still be built later

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This could be an easy fix for you. An aftermarket hitch might be better and cheaper.
I have found in the past that the cheaper a/m receivers get mounted below the bumper, which besides looking crap, also significantly reduce your departure angle. I went this way with my wife’s Compass Trailhawk and have dragged that receiver over a few rocks that the rest of the rear of the car had no problem clearing. An a/m receiver mounted in the same place as the Ford OEM may end up being cheaper, but not by much. You also then need to add the 7/4 pin connector at cost. On my wife’s Compass we didn’t add a lighting harness as the receiver is only meant for a bike rack.

So, if it delays me I’m ok to wait for OEM. The bonus will be green!

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Besides the harness and the hitch itself, is there anything else included in the tow package? I.E. HD rear springs, transmission cooler etc.... The cost of the hitch and harness from Ford is less than the vehicle option. I'm not concerned with the labor, but is there anything else they add to the factory package....

Sponsored

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have found in the past that the cheaper a/m receivers get mounted below the bumper, which besides looking crap, also significantly reduce your departure angle. I went this way with my wife’s Compass Trailhawk and have dragged that receiver over a few rocks that the rest of the rear of the car had no problem clearing. An a/m receiver mounted in the same place as the Ford OEM may end up being cheaper, but not by much. You also then need to add the 7/4 pin connector at cost. On my wife’s Compass we didn’t add a lighting harness as the receiver is only meant for a bike rack.

So, if it delays me I’m ok to wait for OEM. The bonus will be green!
I am all in for the green too... if it is close to the one "leaked" here. We will see when it is out.
This was my '78 CJ5 that I wish I had NEVER gotten rid of. I loved this green.
Ford Bronco Report: 2021 Bronco production not expected to be affected by chip shortage. And "Deadly 6" are now the "Deadly 4" jeep2

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good analogy. Add in that while you wait a minute for them to bring back the tray of delicious gravy-covered chicken-fried steaks, the people running the buffet ask you to take a step back and let the folks behind you who just want that veggie lasagna go ahead and go through. Once the new chicken fries are delivered, you can step right back in and keep heading down the buffet.

You get your chicken fried steak, AND the people who don't want it get to keep moving through the line. It's the best solution, even if you wish they'd understood what the guests would want a little better and had prepared a few more steaks before opening the buffet.
Except you have a color-coded sticker representing your dealer and when they've served their allotment for your color (no matter the options), you have to wait another month to line up, watching while they serve chicken fried steak to some other dealer / region, hoping there's still some left for you when your color is called again...

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like it's 3 for me. Going aftermarket for the tow package.
Me too - but changing order will surely mess up where you are in queue no? If it's possible to switch that would be amazing. Penalized for being lazy and checking the tow package box instead of going against my better judgement and going aftermarket from the start. ugh.

OP
OP
Carolina Jim

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so are 2 doors on "the list" or not
I guess it depends on Webasto's output volume. My 2-door is scheduled...but I gotta believe Ford is frustrated at this point.
Sponsored