2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe since I opted not to accept Fordā€™s free headliner on my BL Iā€™ll squeeze through lol. Or it could go against me as well I guess since they wont be able to cover up the blemishes.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was told that VIN simply guarantees car will be built, just not when it will be built. In speaking with my dealer, some VINS may not be built until late Q4 2021, which may lead to FY22 delivery.
I can't actually believe ford would assign a VIN to a vehicle not slated to be produced till Q4 2021. I guess it wouldn't shock me at this point, but that seems like a stupid thing to do.

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ā€œTow packageā€? Thatā€™s a new sin, dammit. I was sin-free until now!
Yeah I donā€™t understand why a tow package would be something Ford could ā€œrun outā€œ of? Itā€™s the anti sway software, the transmission overheat prevention software, and then a metal hitch receiver. I wouldnā€™t think that would be a constraint šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe since I opted not to accept Fordā€™s free headliner on my BL Iā€™ll squeeze through lol. Or it could go against me as well I guess since they wont be able to cover up the blemishes.
In a sick way I think it will actually count against you because my impression was that they wanted all the MIC tops to be uniform so that the supplier could apply the headliner and they could come to the factory with it on, thereby streamlining assembly. The few that go without a headliner would be rare and therefore a "commodity" item.

I could be completely wrong, but the nail that sticks out gets hammered down.

Sponsored

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak with MIC and tow here, so I'm screwed. I was a day 2 early morning reservation, but that doesn't seem to matter. UGH... not feeling good about this at all.
Day 1 First Edition with Mod Top & Soft Top. Changed to Badlands (because I wanted washout floor) with MOD top & soft top. Changed to MIC top so I could get it this year after the Mod Top fiasco. Now my order is Badlands with MIC, Sasquatch, Tow & 2.7, which I am finding out is not a good combination for a delivery any time soon. Oh well, the heart wants what the heart wants. Not going to make any more changes! Feel like I've been on the merry-go-round way too long. I have to quit coming back here and reading all the bad news. Some day I will get an email or a call from my dealer letting me know Ford got it together. Happy trails until then.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't actually believe ford would assign a VIN to a vehicle not slated to be produced till Q4 2021. I guess it wouldn't shock me at this point, but that seems like a stupid thing to do.
They wouldn't. Someone gave him bad information.

Uncle Beer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Jun 7 build date.
Ordered:
  • Big Bend
  • 2 door
  • 2.7L
  • Non-sasquatch
  • No trailer tow

BigDeal

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well.... I am 4 for 4. My dealer is looking on the weekly build review that she gets every Tuesday and is going to let me know when my number is up to be built. Not holding my breath.

Sponsored

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad the 2dr is off that list!

I'm surprised by the chip shortage comment, unless Ford is talking them from other vehicles for the already mostly guaranteed Bronco orders.
The chip shortage is self inflicted. The virus erupted, shutdowns occurred and the auto makers predicted a slump in sales. They canceled their allotment for chips. Turns out people bought more cars then usual. The Bronco chips werenā€™t effected because Ford had a commitment list from buyers in hand. They cancelled chip allotments for other vehicles fearing the loss of sales. Meanwhile, those chip making allotments were bought up by manufacturers of other products. Now, the auto makers , along with other product makers who cancelled chip allotments, are holding the bag, as they try to acquire chip allotments slots. All chip makers are running at 100% capacity. It boils down to a business decision that went wrong. Now we wait.

Fricke2021

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Edge, 1967 Mustang, 2012 Boss 302, 16 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I have one of the deadly sins on my rig - tow package but I have a June 14 build date. Does that mean Im okay or should I contact the dealer to have it removed to ensure it doesnā€™t move my build?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have a build date and a VIN, then you are good to go. Just because you have one of the items that is in short supply doesn't mean there is no supply.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I have one of the deadly sins on my rig - tow package but I have a June 14 build date. Does that mean Im okay or should I contact the dealer to have it removed to ensure it doesnā€™t move my build?
According to my dealer, once you get your VIN # you may no longer make any changes. Hence me now being stuck with the soft top and no electronics installed when I buy a MIC.
Sponsored