Report: 2021 Bronco to come with manual transmission, 33" tires, 17" wheels

Ole Skool Bronc

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ3B Willys, 1G Bronco, TJ Jeep, Dodge Diesel.
Another person following up on that:

March seems a bit early for the BroncoBronco, but pretty reasonable for the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" ... they would undoubtably say something about the model its thematically following. The NOV mark sounds more reasonable for the Mach-E too ... TFL sources must not be good listeners?

The image he's referring to is the Road&Track render.
RnT Bronco render.jpg
Minus the indent on the door; it looks exactly like an old International Scout.
If Ford wants to go retro; the Bronco needs to keep that clean line from edge of grill to tailgate about 8" below the window line.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Minus the indent on the door; it looks exactly like an old International Scout.
If Ford wants to go retro; the Bronco needs to keep that clean line from edge of grill to tailgate about 8" below the window line.
supposing that the sides are not perfectly flat and verticle, slight curvature to them (which makes them stronger than being flat), that indent could be there not stylistically but to keep the upper and lower door mountings identical and in the same axis. this would make removal much simpler than if they were off axis from each other.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another person following up on that:

March seems a bit early for the BroncoBronco, but pretty reasonable for the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" ... they would undoubtably say something about the model its thematically following. The NOV mark sounds more reasonable for the Mach-E too ... TFL sources must not be good listeners?

The image he's referring to is the Road&Track render.
RnT Bronco render.jpg
My only suggested change to this would be to have the wheel openings be wider on the bottom. Having them that narrow and go so far down the tire will make it more difficult to up tire size, requiring a ridiculous amount of lift to fit larger tires. For example, the 2011-2016 F-250s, they come stock with a 35" tire. In order to go 37" you need 4" of lift, preferably 6", without cutting fenders.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't like the groove in the door either, but I don't dislike the angle on the rear edge even though it is reminiscent of the Scout. My guess is Ford will pay a little more homage to the original Bronco's details than R&T did, while updating it at the same time.

Put a retro "Sport Bronco" badge on it, take the groove out of the door, switch to replaceable/resizable flares in the shape of the EB flares almost everyone added, and ship it.
Sponsored