Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems a bit tone deaf; doesnā€™t fix the issues the truck already has with the current engines, and doesnā€™t provide us the V8 that should have been available on launch.

But theyā€™ll get their environmental justice points so thereā€™s that...
Which perceived issues would those be exactly? And why would they dump a V8 in it right from the start, you canā€™t throw everything you have at the first model year, or else thereā€™s nothing to keep it from getting stale years down the road. If youā€™re looking for v8 power either do it yourself or wait until itā€™s offered. Just donā€™t be someone that buys a launch edition and then whines about it two years from now.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which perceived issues would those be exactly? And why would they dump a V8 in it right from the start, you canā€™t throw everything you have at the first model year, or else thereā€™s nothing to keep it from getting stale years down the road. If youā€™re looking for v8 power either do it yourself or wait until itā€™s offered. Just donā€™t be someone that buys a launch edition and then whines about it two years from now.
Not really perceived, both engines have alternators in very bad spots low on the engine, leading to a high likelihood of killing the alternator in an inopportune spot.

The 2.3L has known coking issues, and looking around the Ranger forum has beyond a reasonable number of engine failures.

The 2.7L is better to some I suppose, my experience with it soured after being left stranded away from home with a turbo failure, and dealing with multiple oil pan failures throughout the time I had it.

Adding in issues with non linear torque curve in a vehicle designed for an environment where linear torque is highly coveted and the added parts associated with turbos that provide no benefit over a properly sized engine and there is a lot of questions in the air.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wifeā€™s 2018 Volvo V60 Polestarā€˜s 2 liter 4 cylinder is turbo and supercharged making 375 HP and it is effortlessly fast! Not just quick, but open road fast! Just for perspective.

Sponsored

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Wrangler and a Tesla and my wife has a Volvo XC hybrid. I'm a fan. I also have no worries about the batteries - they will be able to shield that. I just have two question marks...

I'm curious to see how the hybrid 4x4 works. I know on the F150 the they mash the electric motor between the gas engine and the 10 speed auto and use a clutch system to handle power coming from either or both motors. I'm not sure how that's working yet. I'm also curious about the motor size and battery life. Will this be useful on a trail? Or is this just a highway/city range extender (so on trail we are pretty much just on gas)?

I want this to work and I'm glad they're doing it. Plus, the tech is moving super fast. However, I just might wait and see for a minute and enjoy my 2021 Bronco.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TFL click bait again. a couple of weeks ago, they claimed the coyote V8 would be available. had to watch the video to find out it's a third party saying they'll do it..

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
? ? Maybe they can pipe a V-8 Vroom Vroom in thru the speakers, ? Cuz THE only reason to buy a V-8 now a days over a Twin Turbo V-6 is...... THE SOUND??
I guess youā€™ll just ignore the added components associated with turbos all pulling down reliability, the non linear power curve, and simplicity to fix them when your 200 miles from civilization.

Not a big deal if you donā€™t leave the mall I suppose.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

TFL is really getting bad. Everything is going hybrid or electric so itā€™s pretty easy to speculate that.
Specially since Ford has made it a major investment and strategy, its not shocking the 2021 F150 and MachE prove that.

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seems a bit tone deaf; doesnā€™t fix the issues the truck already has with the current engines, and doesnā€™t provide us the V8 that should have been available on launch.

But theyā€™ll get their environmental justice points so thereā€™s that...
I was just like you until I traded in my Denali 6.2L for the Lincoln 3.5L and it changed my whole attitude, I mean over 450 ft/lb is pretty nice and I enjoy a good turbo spool, you can hear it on the NAvi too...but I get it V-8 sounds badass, maybe we will get a Bronco Big Block down the line but Im going to be happy with v-6 for the time being..

Not to mention you own an H2 and a Holden? What are you doing with a Holden in the US? Anyway you can get me an Aussie Ford Falcon? (y) I think thats pretty cool...You must be from Moorseville, my dad lives on Lake Norman, all kind of cool and unique cars up there

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My original rationale of "I'm going to keep this truck for 10-15 years" is not going to happen. I know that i'll get the itch and end up trading it in a few years down the road if they keep releasing faster and more modern versions.
I'll always Want to upgrade too but I still plan on keeping my Bronco for a long time. Hopefully longer than 15 years. I have had so many vehicles in the past that I wish I would have kept. My favorites were my 1964 Impala, 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD, and my 1993 4Runner. I also wish I had my Dad's 1969 Camaro SS/RS and my Grandmothers 1965 Mustang. If I can keep it, I will. I never realized any of those were keepers until many years after they were gone. At this point I don't think a hybrid Bronco would be on my Keeper list, but a Warthog/Raptor might be.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not really perceived, both engines have alternators in very bad spots low on the engine, leading to a high likelihood of killing the alternator in an inopportune spot.

The 2.3L has known coking issues, and looking around the Ranger forum has beyond a reasonable number of engine failures.

The 2.7L is better to some I suppose, my experience with it soured after being left stranded away from home with a turbo failure, and dealing with multiple oil pan failures throughout the time I had it.

Adding in issues with non linear torque curve in a vehicle designed for an environment where linear torque is highly coveted and the added parts associated with turbos that provide no benefit over a properly sized engine and there is a lot of questions in the air.
What Ford has spent billions on bringing the Bronco to market has been established. Long lead parts, equipment and contracts are already in place. You can find fault with some aspect of every brand and model out there.

So find one that meets your standards, understanding the deign and business tradeoffs every company makes, and drive on.

In the meantime, buy a kitcar and build it just like you want it in order to achieve any level of perfection you desire.
Sponsored