First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me it wouldn't be about being as green as possible, but trying to go further in between gas stops if this becomes my only vehicle. But with all the arm-chair engineers and mechanics (no offense cause some have actually given some great info) in these threads I just keep getting more confused. "These engines suck!" "These engines are great!" "The 10 speed sucks!" "The 10 speed is awesome!" "33s are crap, go 35s" "35s are crap go with 33s" "both suck go with 37s." Feel like I'm going in circles being on here haha. You guys may end up having me buy a Fiesta by accident ?.
Hey let’s not bring Fiestas into it! I’m keeping mine. A Bronco and a fiesta ST seems like a good combo to me.?
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol Looks like Green Energy is not working in California ..2 days of blackouts, sorry Tesla owners you are out of electricity.

They Ended nuclear, they got rid of their natural gas power plants, no coal. All that is left is wind and solar...today California's Governor said we have to come to reality..pure green energy can't supply the energy that is required..well duh

Gas stations still have gas powered generators powering their pumps..so gas power cars doing fine

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see hybrid technology as some space age thing that’s going to make the bronco unreliable. It’s extra batteries and an electric motor. It’s not a space shuttle.

Is there some massive amount of hybrid failures I could be unaware of? As far as I know they’re just as reliable as regular vehicles. Last time I talked to my ford service department they said they hadn’t had a single problem with any of theirs. I don’t think he was lying I’ve known the guy for years and he’s not a salesman

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t see hybrid technology as some space age thing that’s going to make the bronco unreliable. It’s extra batteries and an electric motor. It’s not a space shuttle.

Is there some massive amount of hybrid failures I could be unaware of? As far as I know they’re just as reliable as regular vehicles. Last time I talked to my ford service department they said they hadn’t had a single problem with any of theirs. I don’t think he was lying I’ve known the guy for years and he’s not a salesman
This! Hybrid tech is an evolution of 20 year old technology. It’s not new. It’s quite mature. In fact, it’s so mature that I doubt most will even care it’s offered. EV is where the star power is now.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol Looks like Green Energy is not working in California ..2 days of blackouts, sorry Tesla owners you are out of electricity.

They Ended nuclear, they got rid of their natural gas power plants, no coal. All that is left is wind and solar...today California's Governor said we have to come to reality..pure green energy can't supply the energy that is required..well duh

Gas stations still have gas powered generators powering their pumps..so gas power cars doing fine

It's be hard to get more facts wrong in this post
You may want to double check your sources

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that DIVAD was never accepted into service. it was so bad they made a dudley moore movie around it.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JLTV is just a bit more successful. over 3000 delivered as of last year.
DOT&E is so much fun...

they use the m-247 as the class example of how not to do it

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, after reading only three pages of comments I guess I shouldn't be surprised. ?‍♂ Amazing what tac and social civility have turned into....and yeah, its a forum so why should I be surprised. Sorry but between the........this sucks, that sucks and you suck......you lost me. No points........... Seems anyone writing....Hybrid, Electric, solar, Zero Emissions in an auto forum......you can see the Confirmation Bias Hulk rip his clothes off. I guess Its amazing the conversation that could be taking place instead of most of what is. I'm sure I'll be torn apart for writing that.

Soooo.......anyway........

Was anyone really that surprised that a hybrid "could" be coming? Add to that, Jeep is trying to put an all electric Wrangler together! Its already been shown off at the last big auto show. Throw in pressure from the Cybertruck to the Rivian and what we all know will eventually lead to an SUV version of those soon after. To me, all I see is Ford adopting to the times.?‍♂
And so the world turns.........Electric Wrangler and new Grand Wagoneer----> Wrangler 4xev
Sponsored