JTL2017

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano...sadly
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I honestly don’t think it’s needed. Ford you have the ranger! There’s no need to have a bronco pickup. Isn’t the gladiator not selling as well as jeep was expecting?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Every truck line I can think of has discontinued that cab & bed configuration, citing low sales.

After a few years off the market, there will be some pent up demand, but probably still a very small audience who would want that configuration.
It's funny, major manufactures all had crew cab pick ups in the sixties and NOBODY wanted them. Only the phone company had them. Now phone companies only have computers and everybody has to have a crew cab!

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly don’t think it’s needed. Ford you have the ranger! There’s no need to have a bronco pickup. Isn’t the gladiator not selling as well as jeep was expecting?
I don’t either, but if the Bronco truck shares a wheelbase with the Ranger, and uses mostly Bronco body parts, then the investment will be minimal so why not.

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you click on the article it says 2019.
Interesting that the date would change between the copy/paste
Via Automobile

EXCLUSIVE: Ford Bronco Pickup Coming to Battle Jeep Gladiator!
The new Bronco just keeps getting better and better.

July 15, 2020

Ford is planning to launch a pickup truck based on the 2021 Bronco SUV to compete with the just-minted Jeep Gladiator. The Ford Bronco pickup truck is scheduled for production in July 2024, according to AutoForecast Solutions, which indicates design and engineering began no more than a few months before the Jeep pickup launched. That launch date would be well within the lifecycle of the upcoming 2021 Bronco, a Ranger-based Jeep Wrangler competitor. Another source notes that with both a Ranger Raptor (based on the next-generation of that midsize pickup) and the Focus-based unibody 2021 Ford Courier on the way, he doesn't expect the Bronco pickup earlier than calendar 2022.

Ford Bronco Report: Bronco Pickup Scheduled For Production in July 2024 1594136784736

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why? Ford doesn't need to add a truck to the Bronco Name. Isnt that what Ranger/F Series is for? The reason Jeep did it was because they don't have a Truck market at all.
Someone asked me the same thing in another thread a while back when I said I thought it was a good idea. Here we are with Ford planning to build it.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Article dated July 15th?? Is this info to be released after the initial reveal?
I noticed that and wondered why it's being posted now, unless this is fake news?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gladiator sales were up 174% last quarter. They sold 19,568 of them.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Original numbers were in the 70K to 80K annual range for it to be a success and what they used to move forward with production. Someone got greedy as they got close to release and bumped sales projections to around 100K annually. Things were on track for the 80K until COVID-19 hit. Now everyone is below projection.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Original numbers were in the 70K to 80K annual range for it to be a success and what they used to move forward with production. Someone got greedy as they got close to release and bumped sales projections to around 100K annually. Things were on track for the 80K until COVID-19 hit. Now everyone is below projection.
ford still pushed 20,000 units for q2 even with covid! Meaning on track to 100,000 before. Definitely over 80,000 now. That’s a success in my book. (And I’m sure in ford) especially since the Tacoma and Colorado took a MASSIVE hit.

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
ford still pushed 20,000 units for q2 even with covid! Meaning on track to 100,000 before. Definitely over 80,000 now. That’s a success in my book. (And I’m sure in ford) especially since the Tacoma and Colorado took a MASSIVE hit.
Just pulled up the 2nd quarter numbers. Gladiator not so far behind Ford Ranger and as good as the Colorado. For a not pure truck in some respects still doing OK comparatively.
Midsize truck sales: Q2 2020
ModelQ2 2020Q2 2019Change (%)
Chevrolet Colorado19,84331,669-37%
Ford Ranger25,00820,880+20%
GMC Canyon5,22511,909-56%
Honda Ridgeline6,3808,303-23%
Jeep Gladiator19,5687,129+174%
Nissan Frontier8,79419,101-54%

Sponsored

KCBRUIN

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just pulled up the 2nd quarter numbers. Gladiator not so far behind Ford Ranger and as good as the Colorado. For a not pure truck in some respects still doing OK comparatively.
Midsize truck sales: Q2 2020
ModelQ2 2020Q2 2019Change (%)
Chevrolet Colorado19,84331,669-37%
Ford Ranger25,00820,880+20%
GMC Canyon5,22511,909-56%
Honda Ridgeline6,3808,303-23%
Jeep Gladiator19,5687,129+174%
Nissan Frontier8,79419,101-54%
No Tacoma numbers?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No Tacoma numbers?
The sales figures were just released for the second quarter of 2020. According to Good Car Bad Car, an automotive sales data and statistics aggregator, the Toyota Tacoma sold 51,062 units. The Ranger came next at 25,007 units.6 hours ago

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
More than likely a similar thing will happen with the Bronco for the first buyers. It's just the way things work. If you want it and have the money you will buy it. You just have to be smart about it and take your time pulling the trigger. The biggest rip off FCA did was the Launch edition of the Gladiator. Wasn't even the first Gladiators down the line and all you really got was a fully loaded Rubicon with badges. The buyers of that model have got to be kicking themselves. Every manufacture should have learned something from that mistake.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

New article on the Bronco pickup.

There May Be More Broncos Coming
Ford's made quite a lot of noise in the lead up to the launch of the Bronco and Bronco Sport, which debut next week. Don't expect the Bronco news to end there, though. As Automotive News points out, the Blue Oval is considering further expansions to the Bronco lineup.

"We'll start with the three models that we have," Mark Grueber, Ford's U.S. consumer marketing manager, said. "We will continue to look to where there's customers we could satisfy with Bronco and how to continue to expand the brand in the future.

There have been rumors of a Bronco pickup truck in the cards, built to compete with the Jeep Gladiator. But it's worth noting that Ford already has a smaller pickup on the way, a Ranger on sale, the F-150, and Super Duty. America likes trucks, but five pickups from one brand could be stretching it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/there-might-be-more-ford-bronco-models-on-the-way/ar-BB16rcKa
Sponsored