Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup not to get too political but if every little tiny Bronco part was made in the U.S. it would probably be over $50k. I honestly don’t know how they even keep the price as low as it is with all the overhead and R&D they had to do.
SHUSH YOU! "THEY'RE LISTENING!!!!"
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also not trying to ruffle any feathers bc I’m not sure if I’m taking it or not- but with the COVID-19 Vaccine coming out, I doubt more than 50% of us Americans will take it until we get some kind of concrete knowledge on the side effects. With that being said, I’m sure MAP or any of the other companies contributing to building Bronco will face AT LEAST one shut down during production. Time to mentally prepare ourselves.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That “report” is too vague to be taken seriously.
“Microchip?” That could mean anything from a processor to a FLASH memory to a CANBUS controller to an LED driver. There are probably several hundred ICs in a modern vehicle. Most of them are multi-source, and a huge company like Ford would have entire departments working on making sure that all their sub-assemblies are available.
I’m not saying that something like the 12” LCD couldn’t be delayed, but I’d be surprised if something like the PCM was affected.
Did you say cannabis shortage???

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They loose money on every sale, but make it up in volume, at least that's what the dealers say :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Not uncommon for franchise dealers to net lose money on the sale of new cars; they make it on used cars and service department.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why relying on foreign supply chains is a huge mistake (for any country). If we were a country that supplied all of our own needs (outside of things we do not have the capability to make/produce), we wouldn't be in this predicament. It is completely different when the country you reside in doesn't have the capability of providing a specific natural resource/product, but when we do have the ability to be self-sufficient, we should be. If 2020 should have taught us anything, it should have been that we need to centralize our production of vital resources and have a stockpile of them. Man I'm on a roll today with my rants.
Sounds good, looks good on paper, but it would end up making our vehicles and many other products very expensive. That and we do not actually have some of the rare earth materials needed for some of the current technologies (and magnets). I get what you’re saying though, I had no clue we didn’t produce our own medical supplies. Seems dangerous.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does "Ford Sig" look like this (only blue)?

stig2.jpg
Exactly like!! Ford racing suite!! Wondered anybody ever pick up on the name!! I watch a lot of Top Gear!!

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I love Top Gear, and I got it, but Stig is the proper spelling I’m sure even more would get it. A gear head staple.
You are probably right!! Forgot the T. Good looking out!! I never actually googled the spelling guess I should have!

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my second life I worked for a huge company. They always has 2-3 manufacturers for the same item just in case one had production problems. I figured Ford, or any other large corporation would do the same if possible. However, my company never had to deal with the black plague sweeping the world.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Ford would ship the trucks without tops to the dealer? Obviously this is an educated guess on your part. Your input is learning me something. :alien:

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Authority - Ford Vehicle Production Threatened By Potential Microchip Shortage

by Edward Snitkoff
December 14, 2020, 5:42 pm

Each vehicle produced by Ford Motor Company contains thousands of individual parts, with most of those components supplied by outside companies. Additionally, modern vehicles feature a plethora of electronic equipment that cannot operate without computer chips and semiconductors. This reality may soon stymie Ford vehicle production, as early warnings out of China suggest that COVID-19 impacted computer chip production more severely than previously thought. The news comes fresh off the heels of other pandemic related disruptions for Ford, most notably as it relates to the 2021 Ford Bronco.

According to the report, several major automakers recently indicated that the entire industry could be facing a global shortage of microchips. Volkswagen, together with German suppliers Bosch and Continental, forecast significant production bottlenecks in 2021. The warnings don’t specifically suggest a disruption in Ford vehicle production, but the company does produce vehicles in China for the local market which is where the shortage is currently making itself known.

There are several reasons why microchip supply may not meet demand. The pandemic initially crashed the Chinese auto market, and prominent chipmakers assumed production of goods wouldn’t fully return to normal levels for quite some time. But the market rebounded far more quickly than the companies anticipated, and because it takes time for the chipmakers to increase output, they haven’t been able to increase production enough meet the renewed demand.

The Blue Oval said it is working with suppliers to make sure Ford vehicle production isn’t affected by the disruption. However, the situation may eventually impact the company given the level of globalization in today’s auto industry.

As Ford Authority reported last week, Ford vehicle production in North America decreased 28 percent during the first 10 months of 2020, compared to the prior year. A two-month shutdown, which took place between the first and second quarters, severely impacted the company’s output. But Ford’s COVID-19-related woes didn’t stop there. It delayed the launch of the 2021 Ford Bronco because suppliers cannot currently build the vehicle’s removable tops.

https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/f...n-threatened-by-potential-microchip-shortage/
We need to start manufacturing more, here in the U.S. The dependancy on Chinese trade needs to be reduced.
Sponsored