Tonka Bronka

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Up to six cars over two years for a dealer spending big bucks to promote Bronco isn't going to change anything.

Anyone who thought that Ford would literally be able to produce cars in reservation order without building anything before customer orders was a fool.

There were always going to be test cars, dealer demos, press cars, marketing cars, and at least one for Bill Ford before the full production started.
Tell it like it is. I find it very hard to believe that 150,000 individuals reserved a Bronco in the first two weeks. I am a 7/29 reservation and I would bet my largish dealer just down the street, who would not deal BTW, will have a line of Broncos before I have mine.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Well ain't that special. What's the small local dealers (like mine) to do? They certainly can't afford that. Seems to me just another treat for the mega dealers. But that's just me, and my conspiratorial mind at work again. :)
EXACTLY - my dealership moves the most F150s in Vermont (I know - it is 'only' Vermont, but still . . . ) from a tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere - they do it because they invest in the customer service and trade allowances instead of shining up the showroom . . . so they're screwed for putting the customer first.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

EXACTLY - my dealership moves the most F150s in Vermont (I know - it is 'only' Vermont, but still . . . ) from a tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere - they do it because they invest in the customer service and trade allowances instead of shining up the showroom . . . so they're screwed for putting the customer first.
It's the same at my dealer Todd. They have been family owned since 1954. The sales people treat you like a real person, not like another pay check. Everyone from top to bottom know me, and their regular customers buy name. But, they're not like a Hendricks, or Sonic dealership. They don't have rich sugar-daddy to foot the bill for the big upgrades necessary to get those extra allocations.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Tundra
So a dealer that can offer great prices due to low overhead, now has to invest in building costs which need to be recovered, with higher prices.
And I'm pretty sure that's what the Harley dealers said. Not my world, but I remember lots of dealerships dropping over a million bucks to upgrade their buildings or to get more high visibility locations.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
I see this posturing:

Brands
  1. Bronco
    1. Bronco - the real one
    2. Bronco Sport
  2. Mustang
    1. Mustang - the real one
    2. Mach-E
  3. F-Series?
    1. F150
    2. Ranger - name change in the future? F-series Ranger?
  4. Commercial
Bronco Explorer, Bronco Expedition
Mustang Edge, Mustang Escape
F-Series Transit

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
Bronco Explorer, Bronco Expedition
Mustang Edge, Mustang Escape
F-Series Transit
I put the Transit in Commercial and the SUVs would stay under Ford... in my make-believe, hypothetical future.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
I put the Transit in Commercial and the SUVs would stay under Ford... in my make-believe, hypothetical future.
I heard a couple years ago that Ford has the rights to the SCOUT name now too. Interesting to see if that translates into a product or if it is just addition by subtraction.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
It's the same at my dealer Todd. They have been family owned since 1954. The sales people treat you like a real person, not like another pay check. Everyone from top to bottom know me, and their regular customers buy name. But, they're not like a Hendricks, or Sonic dealership. They don't have rich sugar-daddy to foot the bill for the big upgrades necessary to get those extra allocations.
Yes - it’s too bad these guys, who truly do put the customer first and make you almost feel like family, get the short end of the stick in these situations ... I failed to mention but these guys also have the most Bronco reservations as well ... that should stand for something with the Big Boys.

P52Ranch

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Boss302
I don't know why Ford would think their dealers might need to update their showrooms.

My local dealer still has a '19 "Station Wagon" on the showroom floor so maybe they should upgrade.

The '19 has a number of aftermarket modifications. If that doesn't suit you to a T there is an A on the showroom floor. It is rocking a non-turbo 2.3 liter.
1610322845948.png

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mathew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Grand Sport
Vehicle Showcase
$75K and 6 cars, that's $12.5K ADM per piece, In California, they'll sell it for $15K above at least if not even $25K, so that's a no brainer to spend the money, You will get your investment back in no time + profit.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
$75K and 6 cars, that's $12.5K ADM per piece, In California, they'll sell it for $15K above at least if not even $25K, so that's a no brainer to spend the money, You will get your investment back in no time + profit.
I can see that logic, but if I'm not mistaken an allocation is not a single unit. You are correct, that would not be a good investment... :)

Parker

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Yep, gonna be some extra Broncos showing up for non reservation holders!
Another extra is the 12K+ the dear had to spend to get each of them. I do not see discounts ahead.

Advertisement

Advertisement