Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up to six cars over two years for a dealer spending big bucks to promote Bronco isn't going to change anything.

Anyone who thought that Ford would literally be able to produce cars in reservation order without building anything before customer orders was a fool.

There were always going to be test cars, dealer demos, press cars, marketing cars, and at least one for Bill Ford before the full production started.
Tell it like it is. I find it very hard to believe that 150,000 individuals reserved a Bronco in the first two weeks. I am a 7/29 reservation and I would bet my largish dealer just down the street, who would not deal BTW, will have a line of Broncos before I have mine.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To get the maximum number of six allocations, dealers will need to spend $75,000 or more on showroom upgrades.
Some dealer's brother-in-law is about to score $75,000 for making a grand Bronco banner & hanging some horse photos on the walls

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well ain't that special. What's the small local dealers (like mine) to do? They certainly can't afford that. Seems to me just another treat for the mega dealers. But that's just me, and my conspiratorial mind at work again. :)
EXACTLY - my dealership moves the most F150s in Vermont (I know - it is 'only' Vermont, but still . . . ) from a tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere - they do it because they invest in the customer service and trade allowances instead of shining up the showroom . . . so they're screwed for putting the customer first.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

EXACTLY - my dealership moves the most F150s in Vermont (I know - it is 'only' Vermont, but still . . . ) from a tiny town literally in the middle of nowhere - they do it because they invest in the customer service and trade allowances instead of shining up the showroom . . . so they're screwed for putting the customer first.
It's the same at my dealer Todd. They have been family owned since 1954. The sales people treat you like a real person, not like another pay check. Everyone from top to bottom know me, and their regular customers buy name. But, they're not like a Hendricks, or Sonic dealership. They don't have rich sugar-daddy to foot the bill for the big upgrades necessary to get those extra allocations.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So a dealer that can offer great prices due to low overhead, now has to invest in building costs which need to be recovered, with higher prices.
And I'm pretty sure that's what the Harley dealers said. Not my world, but I remember lots of dealerships dropping over a million bucks to upgrade their buildings or to get more high visibility locations.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see this posturing:

Brands
  1. Bronco
    1. Bronco - the real one
    2. Bronco Sport
  2. Mustang
    1. Mustang - the real one
    2. Mach-E
  3. F-Series?
    1. F150
    2. Ranger - name change in the future? F-series Ranger?
  4. Commercial
Bronco Explorer, Bronco Expedition
Mustang Edge, Mustang Escape
F-Series Transit

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Explorer, Bronco Expedition
Mustang Edge, Mustang Escape
F-Series Transit
I put the Transit in Commercial and the SUVs would stay under Ford... in my make-believe, hypothetical future.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I put the Transit in Commercial and the SUVs would stay under Ford... in my make-believe, hypothetical future.
I heard a couple years ago that Ford has the rights to the SCOUT name now too. Interesting to see if that translates into a product or if it is just addition by subtraction.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's the same at my dealer Todd. They have been family owned since 1954. The sales people treat you like a real person, not like another pay check. Everyone from top to bottom know me, and their regular customers buy name. But, they're not like a Hendricks, or Sonic dealership. They don't have rich sugar-daddy to foot the bill for the big upgrades necessary to get those extra allocations.
Yes - it’s too bad these guys, who truly do put the customer first and make you almost feel like family, get the short end of the stick in these situations ... I failed to mention but these guys also have the most Bronco reservations as well ... that should stand for something with the Big Boys.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know why Ford would think their dealers might need to update their showrooms.

My local dealer still has a '19 "Station Wagon" on the showroom floor so maybe they should upgrade.

The '19 has a number of aftermarket modifications. If that doesn't suit you to a T there is an A on the showroom floor. It is rocking a non-turbo 2.3 liter.
Ford Bronco Report:  More Bronco Allocations For Dealers Who Upgrade Their Showrooms 1610322845948

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$75K and 6 cars, that's $12.5K ADM per piece, In California, they'll sell it for $15K above at least if not even $25K, so that's a no brainer to spend the money, You will get your investment back in no time + profit.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$75K and 6 cars, that's $12.5K ADM per piece, In California, they'll sell it for $15K above at least if not even $25K, so that's a no brainer to spend the money, You will get your investment back in no time + profit.
I can see that logic, but if I'm not mistaken an allocation is not a single unit. You are correct, that would not be a good investment... :)

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep, gonna be some extra Broncos showing up for non reservation holders!
Another extra is the 12K+ the dear had to spend to get each of them. I do not see discounts ahead.

JakeLucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Turbo T-Bird, Q50, ‘74 Corvette, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve dealt with three different Ford dealerships in the San Diego area since the ‘80s, with my T-Bird, Bronco and company provided F-150s. Drew (Now Penske), Encinitas and Poway.

They’re all shit holes. They treat their customers as though they’re doing you a favor providing service.

What difference It’s been, dealing with San Diego area Infiniti dealerships in Kerry Mesa and Escondido. As well the the Bay Area, Redlands location.

Infiniti is so much better. Night and day difference in amenities and customer service. Such a better corporate culture.

As others with construction/renovation experience have said, throwing a few shekels into these dealerships won’t make an appreciable difference.

It looks like Ford will make Mustang and Bronco sub-brands like Dodge did with Ram and Hundai did with Genesis. That may accrue to our favor.

GBlue

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
groncobronco.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Dealership is converting the pre-owned building portion of their high-volume dealership into A Bronco Lodge. Picture.....Cabelas, Bass Pro...etc.........Sales, Deliveries and modular parts and accessories all in the one-stop lodge : )
.......suggesting a couple taps and cigar lounge as well
Sponsored