First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you pay adm you're part of the problem.
I ordered a bronco on July 15th, didn't lock in a price on the base bronco I ordered. Dealer tried to say I had to pay over MSRP by 2500. At this point I've been waiting on a vehicle for over a year, it's custom ordered exactly how I wanted it, I can't even find a used vehicle for the same price as I'll be paying for this new bronco even after getting price gouged. It all comes down to a person's need for a new vehicle and what they can afford. For me, as much as it sucks, it just makes more sense to go ahead and get the vehicle by paying a little bit more. I absolutely hate it, but what can I do? Spite myself and walk away from something that I have waited for for a year over $2,500? Does that make me part of the problem?
Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
How big is your sample size of “everybody you know”? It’s pretty clear on here that the majority of reservation holders are paying MSRP. There are some outliers who dealers are screwing, but those seem isolated.
Three of the five people I know, so it's a small group, but it's more than half of who I know.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Read the article. The writer offers absolutely no proof that this is the case. So it's basically an unsubstantiated opinion piece.

I'm always wary of news articles that shed a positive light on car dealers for the simple reason that dealerships are historically one of media's largest advertisers (think about how many car commercials you see on TV). Whenever I write a piece that calls dealerships or other major advertisers into question, I know darn well that if the publication does publish it, it will not show up on the front page. I've written for newspapers, magazines, and online content providers and that's always been the case: do not badmouth the advertisers if you want your stuff published, and you want to get paid.

I can't say whether this is the case with this particular story, but his sources are pretty thin.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be honest I'm more angry @Ford Motor Company for allowing these shenanigans take place. Everything that could be botched has been. First and last Ford I ever buy at this point. If the dealerships had to honor MSRP I would not even complain about my July 12 build date that has been pushed several times to Oct and may still get pushed again. To top it off my address was updated on my Ford account and somehow never got linked to my reservation so I had no communication from Ford, my dealership has been subpar, etc. Totally over it.
Read the article. The writer offers absolutely no proof that this is the case. So it's basically an unsubstantiated opinion piece.

I'm always wary of news articles that shed a positive light on car dealers for the simple reason that dealerships are historically one of media's largest advertisers (think about how many car commercials you see on TV). Whenever I write a piece that calls dealerships or other major advertisers into question, I know darn well that if the publication does publish it, it will not show up on the front page. I've written for newspapers, magazines, and online content providers and that's always been the case: do not badmouth the advertisers if you want your stuff published, and you want to get paid.

I can't say whether this is the case with this particular story, but his sources are pretty thin.
It honestly came across very one-sided and biased in my opinion.... as if it was someone writing it for Ford. If they wanted it to be a legit op-ed, then give cases on both sides and examples with legit facts and info.

Reactions: sjp

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a bronco on July 15th, didn't lock in a price on the base bronco I ordered. Dealer tried to say I had to pay over MSRP by 2500. At this point I've been waiting on a vehicle for over a year, it's custom ordered exactly how I wanted it, I can't even find a used vehicle for the same price as I'll be paying for this new bronco even after getting price gouged. It all comes down to a person's need for a new vehicle and what they can afford. For me, as much as it sucks, it just makes more sense to go ahead and get the vehicle by paying a little bit more. I absolutely hate it, but what can I do? Spite myself and walk away from something that I have waited for for a year over $2,500? Does that make me part of the problem?
yup...if nobody was willing to pay adm it wouldn't exist.

Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
yup...if nobody was willing to pay adm it wouldn't exist.
Easy to say when it's not you. Ford should not allow dealerships to charge ADM on custom orders. If they mark up their own allocations or units that people backed out on, then okay, but doing this to customers that placed reservations and then selected a dealer to broker the transaction is wrong. Like I said, I can't find anything comparable for the price so I'll eat it... lesson learned.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it hard to believe. Everybody I know that had ordered the bronco and didn't get a locked in price is dealing with dealerships trying to get more than msrp at the moment.
I believe that article addressed that by saying something to the effect that someone walking off the street may likely be charged over MSRP. However, those with prior reservations are typically paying MSRP. Personally, my dealership agreed to $1k under MSRP and I have recently confirmed they are still honoring that, (whenever my Bronco arrives of course).
Anyone who ordered a Bronco without discussing the price up front is a fool & those who are so impatient that they are paying the crazy ADM fees are nuts too and playing into the hands of the unscrupulous dealers and individuals who are just flipping their delivered Bronco to mark a buck, (or up to 20k of them as the case may be). 🙄

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sad thing about dealers taking advantage of the moment and screwing people with ADMs is they are hurting themselves in the long run for living in the now. In a few years when the dust settles and the Bronco is a regular vehicle on the lot with rebates and incentives, customers will remember their Bronco shenanigans from the past and avoid them like the plague.

I just watched that video about the former Ford employee getting screwed by his ordering dealer. I can't believe he still caved and paid over MSRP.

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It honestly came across very one-sided and biased in my opinion.... as if it was someone writing it for Ford. If they wanted it to be a legit op-ed, then give cases on both sides and examples with legit facts and info.
Exactly. His "proof" is Facebook posts and "Ford said." And you're going to get a lot more positive Facebook posts than negative ones because people love bragging about what a great deal they got and are far less likely to come clean about getting screwed.

The writer could have at least called every Ford dealer within a hundred miles of his location and asked what they were charging, which is exactly what I did before settling on a dealership.

Do you want to know how many of those other places said they were charging MSRP? Just look at my signature line...that should tell you.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
First thing o thought when I read the title was it was provoked/written by Ford/Jackson Dawson/Bronco Nation, not someone who did any research

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After my dealership tried to add ADM when I initially ordered my Bronco, I'm concerned they will try to pull some shenanigans again when it arrives.
Hopefully you got everything in writing. If mine dealers tries to pull that and insists on it; there is always legal action.

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs