First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good evening everybody. I came across a listing that I definitely want to know more about. I had previously seen reservation holders placing them on eBay to resell their allocation but Ford came out and stated that will not be allowed. My dealership had someone and his wife put six reservations in and the general manager Told me that they were only going to be allowed to purchase one each so that they’re not reselling them. If someone doesn’t purchase a bronco once it’s delivered to the dealer I’m sure the dealer will mark it up or call the next person in line that’s closest to the build if they would like to have it from what I’ve read. What are your thoughts on this post on Offer up?
Ford Bronco Resale and Mark up market 7107CE47-1FDD-4A2C-83DA-B5A7346E3A7C
Ford Bronco Resale and Mark up market C4BC1CE4-6966-4AEB-9247-130829C3FEB0
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would anyone do this? Since timestamps aren't the end all be all, you could be getting screwed... Nevermind the $10,000 mark up...

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for the extra $10k I would just take what I saved and get a 2 door defender, but there will always be people that will pay up for stuff. Love the fact that he says he "expects" to take delivery between June and sept. So are most of us 😅

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for the extra $10k I would just take what I saved and get a 2 door defender, but there will always be people that will pay up for stuff. Love the fact that he says he "expects" to take delivery between June and sept. So are most of us 😅
For reals.... $10k markup on what another $10k dealer markup on top?? Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Even if I had Elon Musk's money, hard pass.

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For reals.... $10k markup on what another $10k dealer markup on top?? Everyone wants a piece of the pie. Even if I had Elon Musk's money, hard pass.
I think he would make the purchase and then transfer the vehicle over to the owner who’s willing to pay the $10,000.

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he would make the purchase and then transfer the vehicle over to the owner who’s willing to pay the $10,000.
What's the guy paying? MSRP, $5k ADM, 10k? 15k? They don't say, whoever buys it just writes a blank check for "his costs +$10k" this guy could be a friend of a dealer and play the whole "high demand, chip shortages, everyone is paying above MSRP" on top of that you're paying his tax and title only to turn around and pay all the DMV fees again.

at the bare minimum the CA gov doesn't deserve any additional money from titling it twice, they'll just waste it on some incredibly stupid BS.

-A CA gov employee

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's the guy paying? MSRP, $5k ADM, 10k? 15k? They don't say, whoever buys it just writes a blank check for "his costs +$10k" this guy could be a friend of a dealer and play the whole "high demand, chip shortages, everyone is paying above MSRP" on top of that you're paying his tax and title only to turn around and pay all the DMV fees again.

at the bare minimum the CA gov doesn't deserve any additional money from titling it twice, they'll just waste it on some incredibly stupid BS.

-A CA gov employee
I agree with you. It is expensive in all the fees are ridiculous but I’m assuming just like as if you were to buy yours at the end of everything it would cost a certain dollar amount. He would purchase it all under that dollar amount and then leave a lot and the person who specked it will Pay the vehicle off with his own loan an additional 10 K separately to the original reservation holder

OP
OP
BadlandsJP

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good evening everybody. I came across a listing that I definitely want to know more about. I had previously seen reservation holders placing them on eBay to resell their allocation but Ford came out and stated that will not be allowed. My dealership had someone and his wife put six reservations in and the general manager Told me that they were only going to be allowed to purchase one each so that they’re not reselling them. If someone doesn’t purchase a bronco once it’s delivered to the dealer I’m sure the dealer will mark it up or call the next person in line that’s closest to the build if they would like to have it from what I’ve read. What are your thoughts on this post on Offer up?
Another “seller” mark up discussion on the Facebook page
Ford Bronco Resale and Mark up market DA050E24-F1C8-4237-BC17-A84A2F2DBBB0

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope it works out for the guy... what’s wrong with him makin a few bucks if someone’s willing to give it to him.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Orders are already in for q1 delivery.

sure you can change colors and trim until vin is created.

even if he has legit early res converted to orders for q1

wait long enough and his vin will get created and he won’t have any more leverage as he’ll be stuck with whatever he ordered

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could see plenty of illegitimate dealers (mine included) trying to spring a mark up on customers who ordered and waited 6-12 months. Then when the original customer says no, they just put it on the lot at a $5k-$10k "market adjustment". There is NO way I'd pay over MSRP. I'm struggling with that alone. I have never paid MSRP. Not even on my Wranglers from several years back.

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There will always be someone who is willing to pay absurd amounts of money so they/their kid/their spouse can have the latest fancy thing. $10k is nothing to top income earners. People who "would never fly commercial" will see one on the road, realize they can't have it and start throwing money at it to solve the problem.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that pays above msrp is an idiot. Hell, I personally wouldn't pay MSRP either.
People have different time values. They believe it is well worth it to have what they want now. Perhaps a Bronco is not six months of salary for them, but a month. While I am sure you believe in the George Carlin model "Ever notice how anyone who drives slower than you is an idiot and anyone who drives faster is a maniac?", other people's perspective is just as valid and they see someone passing up an opportunity because of a few dollars to be an idiot. The question of who is actually the idiot depends on who you ask.
Sponsored