Sponsored

Resale value of loaded Big Bend vs Rubicon?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the next week I have to make a choice if I plan on ordering a "Hold over" vehicle. (All this would be moot if I got a VIN but I doubt I'm going to)

So I'm thinking of ordering a BB with Sasquatch but soft top (@ MSRP) hoping I may get it this year. Or ordering a Rubicon, possibly with their new Recon Extreme package (@ INVOICE), also getting it this year.

Whichever I choose, I need to be able to get as much money back out of it as possible (say by this time next year).

As for used....it makes no sense to buy used right now because used goes for more than New and without warranties.

If you were to pick between the two...which would be the lesser of a terrible investment?
Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You wouldn’t get a bronco this year. If these were normal times I would say a plain rubicon would be your best choice and not the extreme version.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Supply and demand dictates price. If someone wanted a bronco how long would it take to get one vs how long it will take to get a jeep?

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So yesterday I let this mess get to me. i found a dealer near me that is only doing MSRP (no ADM) so I'm in the process of placing a 2nd order for a BB, soft top, 2.3 hoping it will get picked up for a VIN in the next few rounds.

Meanwhile I'll keep my eye out for what Jeep brings for their 2022 model.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So yesterday I let this mess get to me. i found a dealer near me that is only doing MSRP (no ADM) so I'm in the process of placing a 2nd order for a BB, soft top, 2.3 hoping it will get picked up for a VIN in the next few rounds.

Meanwhile I'll keep my eye out for what Jeep brings for their 2022 model.
I wonder how many people have been placing additional Bronco orders to try to get a build sooner. There has to be a large amount out there which will just end up being cancelled, and the dealerships will reap the rewards of marking it up and selling it off their lots…

No disrespect to the OP; just a thought that passed through my head is all.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder how many people have been placing additional Bronco orders to try to get a build sooner. There has to be a large amount out there which will just end up being cancelled, and the dealerships will reap the rewards of marking it up and selling it off their lots…

No disrespect to the OP; just a thought that passed through my head is all.
Well if what the new dealer tokd me is true, as long as I cancel before the VIN issue, they will actually cancel the order, so no harm. They are convinced if they Don't, they will get penalized.

OP
OP

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait what makes people think that they can guess a configuration today that will jump them in line past over 100k orders placed earlier?
Have you not been reading the forum? It's happening almost every Thursday. Reservation date dictates your order in line at your dealer, but commodities dictate who gets built and who doesn't.

This new dealer told me most of not all of their current reservations, are for hardtops. So yeah...I think I have a chance if I can get them to convert to an order quick enough.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If your order was not in by March 19th or whatever it will not be considered until 2022.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If your order was not in by March 19th or whatever it will not be considered until 2022.
I don’t believe this is the case any longer. If you put in a standard (I.e., not mid) four door convertible BB or Base today, you have higher odds of getting produced in 2021, than anyone other than FEs.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Both will take a good hit as volume gets back to normal, interest rates go up and Broncos and Jeeps satisfy the pent up demand.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both will take a good hit as volume gets back to normal, interest rates go up and Broncos and Jeeps satisfy the pent up demand.
the Jeep had strong resale before the supply issues, there is not reason to suggest that will change EXCEPT the introduction of the Bronco. Jeep no longer has a corner on the market. If you can get a Bronco, then the resale will be better on the Bronco due to scarcity, demand, hype. If you want a Jeep, you have the last 50+ years to choose a model from.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I in the same situation, waiting on another vehicle. Wait and continue to drive an older car, or bite the bullet and purchase something sooner. I'm debating on purchasing the 4xe Rubicon while I wait on the Bronco. Good chance my Bronco will not be built until June-July next year.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Too many factors to know for sure (electric vehicles, govt regulations, gas prices, future production deltas, Toyotas counter, etc)

But if I had to guess, I would say 1-3 years maybe a bronco slightly due to the scarcity factor, 3-10 years probably a wash, 10+ years probably a solid front axle jeep as a dedicated beater off-roader.

Solid front axle vehicles are easier to mod, so there is always going to be a demand for old jeeps for off-roading.

I would think a Rubicon with lockers would hold it's value better than a big bend. Add squatch for the lockers and it's probably more of a wash until it gets really old.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you not been reading the forum? It's happening almost every Thursday. Reservation date dictates your order in line at your dealer, but commodities dictate who gets built and who doesn't.

This new dealer told me most of not all of their current reservations, are for hardtops. So yeah...I think I have a chance if I can get them to convert to an order quick enough.
But it’s still just a guess based on incomplete/anecdotal data. Being such a late reservation seems to me to run the real risk of not helping enough in terms of production timeline to overcome not ultimately getting exactly what you want
Sponsored