Sponsored

Resale value of the vehicle you will trade-in for the Bronco: Will the market for used cars still be hot?

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Nissan Murano 2015, white, paid off. It has been an amazing car to me for the last 6+ years and right now I know I can get between 18k -20k if if decided to sell it or between 16K-18K if I trade in for the Bronco today.
Unfortunately, one of the casualties of these delays is that the vehicles we intend to trade in or sell to get the Bronco may have lost a considerable amount of their value because the market for used cars would have cooled off especially for those on the 2022 “winter bus”. Wall Street types have been speculating that the market will stay hot but I don’t think they have made a convincing argument to that effect.
What decisions are you folks grappling with as you consider the impact of delays on the value of the cars you will be off-loading in exchange for your Broncos? Ideas and suggestions are deeply appreciated.
Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive been going on car max and vroom every few weeks to check my cars value. 2018 Nissan Altima sr. Carmax:
In March :$13,900. Mid-May: $16,600. End of May: $17,400 July(this week) $14,600.

Vroom:
May: $15,139. June: $14,822. July: $14,922. July(this week) $15,133.
I feel bad for the autonation/carmax guys who keeping calling me thinking I want one of their cars. I've had to reply to some of their emails telling them I just wanted to get a good idea of my cars value and I'm all in on the full sized Bronco. They all understand and end up leaving me alone. LOL.

Used car prices seem to be all over the place. Up and down. It's like I'm watching an AMC stock(lets go APES!). Anyhow, I'm curious to know what the actual price the dealership would offer me when I trade it in. I just got to hold on for 1 more month. A sales guy at my local Ford told me that he thinks that values are dropping 1% every day so he got rid of his F150 in preparation for the Bronco. Maybe it was bullshit... We'll see.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ive been going on car max and vroom every few weeks to check my cars value. 2018 Nissan Altima sr. Carmax:
In March :$13,900. Mid-May: $16,600. End of May: $17,400 July(this week) $14,600.

Vroom:
May: $15,139. June: $14,822. July: $14,922. July(this week) $15,133.
I feel bad for the autonation/carmax guys who keeping calling me thinking I want one of their cars. I've had to reply to some of their emails telling them I just wanted to get a good idea of my cars value and I'm all in on the full sized Bronco. They all understand and end up leaving me alone. LOL.

Used car prices seem to be all over the place. Up and down. It's like I'm watching an AMC stock(lets go APES!). Anyhow, I'm curious to know what the actual price the dealership would offer me when I trade it in. I just got to hold on for 1 more month. A sales guy at my local Ford told me that he thinks that values are dropping 1% every day so he got rid of his F150 in preparation for the Bronco. Maybe it was bullshit... We'll see.
Lol, the AMC analogy sounds about right. Yeah, I have been going on car-fax and in some cases I have been receiving unsolicited offers from people I did not initiate any kind of contact with.
Wow, If you have only more month to wait then you may just dodge the depreciation bullet especially if your friend is right and cars are losing 1% daily. God help us.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Givemethevin has offered me the most. They even facilitate trade ins at dealers your buying a car from. Idk how they do it.

PavementPrincess

Badlands
First Name
Asha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I got the build week for my Bronco, I started getting prices for my '18 Rubicon. After going back and forth with bids at several places I ended up selling for 4k less than I paid for it.
I'm driving a rental until my Bronco comes in. The cost is comparable to my Jeep payment and I don't have to worry about depreciation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Givemethevin has offered me the most. They even facilitate trade ins at dealers your buying a car from. Idk how they do it.
Thanks. I will look it up. May be I’ll end up getting a scooter, for the remainder of my wait, as a friend suggested.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks. I will look it up. May be I’ll end up getting a scooter, for the remainder of my wait, as a friend suggested.
Buy a TJ wrangler cash drive it until your bronco comes in and sell it for what you pay. 6cyl 5 speed is what you want.

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, the AMC analogy sounds about right. Yeah, I have been going on car-fax and in some cases I have been receiving unsolicited offers from people I did not initiate any kind of contact with.
Wow, If you have only more month to wait then you may just dodge the depreciation bullet especially if your friend is right and cars are losing 1% daily. God help us.
Yuuup. Build date is 8/9 and hoping to get it by September at least. Every time I think about it, my mouth just waters. Hahaha. Im trying to not drive my current car as much. Id hate to put another 1000 miles on it. I need that value to stay where it is. 😑

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’m not too worried about it.

OP
OP
moisea

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im trying to not drive my current car as much. Id hate to put another 1000 miles on it. I need that value to stay where it is. 😑
Exactly!

Sponsored

Rendo

Wildtrak
First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want to get a really true value of your vehicle that a dealership will give you, try the NADA website.

https://www.nada.com/

This is the site that dealers and banks use to get the value of vehicles. And I'm also feeling the anxiety some of you are having with the wait. I'm one of the 6/30 blends that seem to be "In Production" purgatory and am seeing the value of my 2015 Silverado fall each week!

I've got more faith in my AMC stock and I could of sold some of it when it was at its peak back in late June! If Ford had shipped my truck back in early July I wouldn't be losing all this trade-in capital!

Diamond hands apes! Lets ride this to the Moon! 💎🙌🚀🚀🚀🚀

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is interesting! How does that work?!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is interesting! How does that work?!
I forget specifically they were very aggressive. When I traded my Sierra half ton in. $5000 more than I paid for it 6 months earlier. Ended up trading it in for the tax credit.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I forget specifically they were very aggressive. When I traded my Sierra half ton in. $5000 more than I paid for it 6 months earlier. Ended up trading it in for the tax credit.
I want that tax credit! But I’m going Granger and now that I’m buying 2 cars, I don’t want to have to drive both our cars there and back! I’ll have to ask them specifically if they can do out of state.
Sponsored