Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Wanted your guys' thoughts on how you think the Bronco will do with resale/depreciation value.

I'm not sure what it is that makes the Jeep so good with depreciation. Do you think the Bronco will follow suit? Is it an off-roader / truck thing?

I typically don't like to buy brand brand new, as if I wait a year and get a certified model, or even one with like 5-10k miles still under warranty can save easily 10k. But with Jeeps holding value so good, it makes sense to buy new. Wondering if the Bronco will be the same way, especially with all this hype.
Sponsored

Reactions: ELS

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I’ve seen nearly all “off-road” trucks hold their value well. Wranglers, FJ Cruisers and 4Runners all tend to depreciate slowly. I’m assuming the Bronco will be the same and for this first production run I’m guessing almost no depreciation for the first year until they start filling dealer lots.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm starting to think about this too. I want the Hybrid but if the resale value holds, would it be smart to get 10-12k for my trade-in and then trade up to the hybrid in a year or two?
Or would I be loosing money?

Orangeinthebarn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 z71, 1992 bronco, 1977 F-150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm starting to think about this too. I want the Hybrid but if the resale value holds, would it be smart to get 10-12k for my trade-in and then trade up to the hybrid in a year or two?
Don’t buy a hybrid all kinds of trouble. A hybrid bronco might as well be a pinto

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My way of thinking is if resale value is important, I probably shouldn't buy in the first place. Selling a new car within the first few years of ownership is rarely advantageous. If you're already thinking of unloading it, maybe don't get it.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get the 2.3 EcoBoost. They have plenty of power and are fairly efficient.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just get the 2.3 EcoBoost. They have plenty of power and are fairly efficient.
Currently I have a Fusion, I doubt the 2.3 will be able to match the fuel economy. And the point would be to get the best of both an electric (my work has chargers) and the off-road fun with my Jeep friends.
Seeing the other recommendations, I suppose I'll continue to wait it out :/
We'll see if my patience survives

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its a coin toss. It could go the way of the Wranger or it could do the way of most used American vehicles....

ACK_Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1983 Wagoneer, 1997 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Some of these answers seem to ignore the premise of your question.

Wranglers hold value. True. You're not sure what it is that makes that true but I'll tell you. I live on a small island with 80+ miles of beaches, many of which are open to driving. Wrangler are reliable off-road. Next up, they don't change their luck (that much). So a well maintained older molder can sell at a similar price to a new model with the same body. I think this holds across other makes and models as well. The first edition of any model holds its value better than the last.

Barring any major mechanical mishaps, Bronco's first year model will hold value very well.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently I have a Fusion, I doubt the 2.3 will be able to match the fuel economy. And the point would be to get the best of both an electric (my work has chargers) and the off-road fun with my Jeep friends.
Seeing the other recommendations, I suppose I'll continue to wait it out :/
We'll see if my patience survives
Just an FYI I was planning on waiting for a hybrid model for the same reasons. After chatting with a Ford engineer here it doesn’t seem likely a PHEV Bronco will be our until 2023 at the earliest. I’m not waiting that long haha

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an FYI I was planning on waiting for a hybrid model for the same reasons. After chatting with a Ford engineer here it doesn’t seem likely a PHEV Bronco will be our until 2023 at the earliest. I’m not waiting that long haha
Do you plan to get the 2.3 instead?

LemonShark

Outer Banks
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG, 2018 Honda Odyssey
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The additional reason for the high cost of used Jeep's is/was they have/had the market cornered.

With no real competitors to their particular formula, specifically if you want a doors off, roof off, off-road specific, retro-ish styled vehicle. Jeep was the only gig in town, so prices held up.

Will that still be true once Ford floods the market with a legit competitor? Only time will tell.

I suspect Broncos will hold their value better than most popular SUV, but buying a new car is almost ALWAYS a piss poor financial decision - one I plan on doing anyway.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure what it is that makes the Jeep so good with depreciation. Do you think the Bronco will follow suit? Is it an off-roader / truck thing?
Yes, it is an off roader and truck thing. The parts of the vehicle are constructed to be very robust, and it retains value and function even after the comfort and pleasing aesthetic qualities are ruined.

The Bronco will inherently have lower resale value retention of it's parts wear out more easily, and if the vehicle is more difficult or expensive to retrofit for hard core utility or recreational use.

100% guaranteed.
Sponsored