jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup I said the same. Mods close this thread.
Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why though?
A reservation holder has no choice but to go to a dealer.
The person paying the premium to the reservation holder is at least getting something they want, "speed" "early access" if they are willing to pay. Why exactly is that so "bad." The seller isn't getting hurt, and the buyer isn't getting hurt, they are both in a mutual agreement.

Whereas with a dealer, the buyer is getting hurt compared to other offers from other dealers.

Are the dealers selling at MSRP "bad" since there are other dealers selling below invoice? I'd argue, No not really cuz customers can go to the other dealer.

One customer might want $2000 below invoice, another customer might just want the bronco ASAP. Other customers might be willing to pay MSRP just to stay local

I have seen a lot of customers here willing to pay MSRP because they aren't willing to make a dealer change.
thats almost $4k in some cases.

None of this seems "bad" to me, just a lot of various people getting what they want or are willing to pay for.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No thanks. I want a Bronco and I have a job so a little extra money to go through the hassle of getting another one after the price increases does not make sense. I do not want to waste time waiting for another one when I could be enjoying one.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So definitely a market. I got a guy who wants a sasquatched OBX with Lux package, auto, 2.7, steel bumper, auto 4X4 and every other add-on possible. He wants it in rapid red with the brown seats and the bronze dash. Definitely order that.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if you take a marketing class you will learn that companies always charge a premium when products launch because a certain population ā€œhas to have it firstā€ and will pay a premium. What people are discussing is called investing. If you donā€™t like the fact that itā€™s in a car, then sucks for you.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fascinating, hadnā€˜t thought of the used car dealer angle. Sales taxes definitely the big issue for most considering flipping.

Curious why you wouldnā€˜t try to sell above sticker - you feel that is a bad for your dealership reputation overall?

Thanks for sharing.

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one's really answering your question so let me help - you're gonna want to get a 2 door base manual, 2.3l engine, skip sasquatch and all the functional upgrades but add ALL the aftermarket accessories like fridge, paint protection, wheel lock kit, all of it. Doesn't matter which color as long as it's white.

boom, money in the bank. I'll take a $500 consulting fee thank you bye bye.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My 2 centavos for the OP, No shot after TTL to make it worth while.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, for the right money doing that and making a granger oct reservation would be something to think about. But youā€™re gonna also have to make up tax title license.. you think there will be that much demand? Dealers are selling Kia SUVs for 7k over msrp, so maybe :)
Being older and wiser (?) ?, I learned long ago that debt ? is bad ?, so I always pay cash for vehicles. If you are a cash buyer, the dealership can give you the 'Certificate of Origin' ?. You may take your Bronco (and Certificate) home and store in your garage un-titled, un-taxed. You will pay tax when you register and title the vehicle. You could also sell the vehicle and give the Certificate of Origin to the buyer. They will be buying a new, un-registered vehicle and pay tax when they register.

There is nothing wrong with this. Ford and the dealer are happy ? because they made a sale. You own the vehicle and have taken all the risk. If you can sell for a profit, great. If not, it's your loss. Anyone who bemoans doing this is foolish. It is the capitalist ? system we have.

I have thought of doing this, but it's a lot of effort to make a couple/few grand in profit. Also, you don't get to enjoy the Bronco while waiting ā° for your 2nd reservation. If you need to finance the vehicle (most people) then you really aren't in a financial position where this strategy makes sense.

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who bemoans doing this is foolish. It is the capitalist ? system we have.
Capitalism is most effective and beneficial when profit motives are secondary to ethical considerations. A reasonable product/service for a reasonable price is the gold standard in any transaction, and willfully inserting yourself into the process without providing either is just grifting.

IMO capitalism should not be used to justify taking advantage of others, and anyone reserving a high demand, initially production limited vehicle to make a quick buck by gouging less scrupulous consumers is pretty shitty. It's a dangerous thing using supply and demand to rationalize bad behavior.

However, many may disagree and I respect that. The fact still stands that the average Joe is EXTREMELY unlikely to turn a profit on anything other than an FE due to TTL and the only guaranteed winner is the state getting a double dip of those sweet sweet taxes.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I made my reservation on July 14th, I think it was around 12 hours after you were able to make a reservation... Assuming I get mine rather quickly, I was curious on what everyone thought I could turn around and sell it for right off the bat? Price to build has what I was planning on getting around 40k... But if I could make around 5-10k by putting it right back on the market I would definitely think about it.
  • Grandpa George : There's plenty of money out there. They print more every day. But this ticket, there's only five of them in the whole world, and that's all there's ever going to be. Only a dummy would give this up for something as common as money. Are you a dummy?

Sponsored