Sponsored

Reservation converted to Order, but no VIN assigned -- how do you find your order in a Ford database?

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport (TJ) 4.0L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been reading and following for many months. I've done about 25 searches of the forum for this question, but cannot find an answer, so here goes.

Details of my reservation & order:
Reservation made on 7/18/20 10:06 am (# 1029xxxx)
Reservation converted to Order on 3/5/21

My build:
Badlands 2-door
Color: Area 51
2.7L Engine
10-speed Auto Transmission
Sasquatch Package
Lux Package
MIC Hardtop

Not surprisingly, I have not received a VIN, so I know that I am still somewhere in the TBD future.

Here is my question: is there a way for me to do an online lookup of my exact order details with Ford, using just my reservation/order number, so I can review and verify that the data I provided to the dealer when I converted the order is correct for my build?

I don't mistrust the dealer I'm working with, I just don't have high confidence that they are tech savvy and have submitted everything exactly as I specified. Yes, they have provided a scanned pdf of a "preview" order, but that doesn't seem like an actual submitted order.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide, links to other threads, etc.
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the same boat, brother. looks like we are sailing down the same river, without a paddle to share. If i hear anything different ill let you know.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The only way is to request a DORA from you dealer with today's date on it and your reservation/order number. The bronco hotline can't tell you specifics until you get a VIN.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been reading and following for many months. I've done about 25 searches of the forum for this question, but cannot find an answer, so here goes.

Details of my reservation & order:
Reservation made on 7/18/20 10:06 am (# 1029xxxx)
Reservation converted to Order on 3/5/21

My build:
Badlands 2-door
Color: Area 51
2.7L Engine
10-speed Auto Transmission
Sasquatch Package
Lux Package
MIC Hardtop

Not surprisingly, I have not received a VIN, so I know that I am still somewhere in the TBD future.

Here is my question: is there a way for me to do an online lookup of my exact order details with Ford, using just my reservation/order number, so I can review and verify that the data I provided to the dealer when I converted the order is correct for my build?

I don't mistrust the dealer I'm working with, I just don't have high confidence that they are tech savvy and have submitted everything exactly as I specified. Yes, they have provided a scanned pdf of a "preview" order, but that doesn't seem like an actual submitted order.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide, links to other threads, etc.
You need the Dora order sheet from dealer, i believe thats all you see for now, and until you get your window sticker, from my experience

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ā˜ what they said. You will only see what is ordered officially when you get a vin so just have your dealer email you the DORA

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called the Bronco hotline and told them my original Ford order confirmation email shows my outdated order specs. They pushed back saying whatever order info the dealer has is accurate. I said I understand the dealer has info they forward to Ford, but the dealer doesnā€™t make my vehicle, Ford does. That kind of shut them up. They confirmed my order specs right there.

short answer, call Ford Corp and tell them you trust the dealer but always have to verify things.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the WBDO order summary (many people call it a DORA, but tech they are different systems).

It is generated by the ordering system, if your dealer provided one of these and itā€™s correct, itā€™s what was entered into the ordering systemā€¦ the next step would be for them to click ā€œsubmitā€ on it. It would be an extraordinary event for them to provide one that is accurate but submit something wrong.

If they havenā€™t provided you one, ask for it. Itā€™s really the only way to know what is in the system for your order.

Remember, youā€™re not Fordā€™s customerā€¦ the dealership is. Youā€™re the dealershipā€™s customer. Itā€™s always up to the dealer to provide and confirm information to you.

Ford Bronco Reservation converted to Order, but no VIN assigned -- how do you find your order in a Ford database? 1624921422397

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only way is to request a DORA from you dealer with today's date on it and your reservation/order number. The bronco hotline can't tell you specifics until you get a VIN.
This^^. Ask your dealer for a copy of your order. They should be able to email it to you while you're on the phone.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This^^. Ask your dealer for a copy of your order. They should be able to email it to you while you're on the phone.
They *should* be able to generate the PDF and email itā€¦ but different dealerships handle WBDO differentlyā€¦ lots of people on the forum have reported the ordering guy being on vacation for weeks at a time. ;)

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the WBDO order summary (many people call it a DORA, but tech they are different systems).

It is generated by the ordering system, if your dealer provided one of these and itā€™s correct, itā€™s what was entered into the ordering systemā€¦ the next step would be for them to click ā€œsubmitā€ on it. It would be an extraordinary event for them to provide one that is accurate but submit something wrong.

If they havenā€™t provided you one, ask for it. Itā€™s really the only way to know what is in the system for your order.

Remember, youā€™re not Fordā€™s customerā€¦ the dealership is. Youā€™re the dealershipā€™s customer. Itā€™s always up to the dealer to provide and confirm information to you.

1624921422397.png
What do the price level numbers mean my original was a 115 and 2 weeks ago I added Sasquatch package to my build and the price level is now 125. NEver mind I see the price level changed cause my order changed from what i gather I added Sasquatch so my price went up

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do the price level numbers mean my original was a 115 and 2 weeks ago I added Sasquatch package to my build and the price level is now 125. NEver mind I see the price level changed cause my order changed from what i gather I added Sasquatch so my price went up
Price level changes every time something related to pricing changesā€¦ just means prices are going up, could be going down, or things are being added together differently.

For example, the price level changed when the hardtop headliner was made a free add-on.

Itā€™s basically just a way to check whether a draft order price is still accurate.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Price level changes every time something related to pricing changesā€¦ just means prices are going up, could be going down, or things are being added together differently.

For example, the price level changed when the hardtop headliner was made a free add-on.

Itā€™s basically just a way to check whether a draft order price is still accurate.
Thanks for the info