Sponsored

Reservation Cut off date/ deliveries into 2023?

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on the new home.
I believe this is easy. When you order your Bronco, just make sure to add one of the late delivery items. Like the modular painted top. There are more items that are late availability and your dealer will have that info when the order banks open up in December.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There might even people who have more than 2....I know my conversion rate will only be 25% ;)

Don't think that the people on this form are representative of the average person with a Bronco reservation. I can tell you from my list none of my customers have 2 except for myself and my sister, and I did my second after fear from things I read here about not switching and told my sister to do the same just in case. That said, we're thinking about taking both, I'm afraid my wife will take mine and I'm not driving her Explorer so she can get her own. My sister will cancel her second.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sept cutoff was for dealer figures not reservation holder deliveries.

Best bet if you want to push the delivery is build with something that is late availability...like mansquatch as they are at least late 21 calendar year. Dealerships outside of canceled reservations last min that are going to sell for a premium will not get stock until 2022. once the reservation train stops you can order with your dealership as well.

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My advise for now is to just wait and decide what to do in January. We don't know what or if Ford's going to tell us about ordering by December, but I'm hopeful that we'll have some idea of their plan. We don't know if 2022 orders will generate extra allocation or not, so it could affect pricing if you cancel and reorder.

Also looks like you might be looking for really late and I'm not sure that will happen or not, I'm also not sure that we'll know by February.

Another thing to do is talk to your dealer. Dealers can adjust reservations so they aren't in order, I have one that doesn't want theirs until next winter or later so I'll be bumping others ahead of theirs to get to them to that point. I'm guessing that the orders that don't get built as 21's will be given an opportunity to cancel between model years since color or option they wanted might not be available.
Sweet thank you. I just reached out to my dealer and they won’t know much until December so we’re just holding out until then. I’m sure Ford/dealers will work something out- if we can get a later delivery around when we can pay my car off we’ll get a more expensive bronco. So it would benefit both parties.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford is estimating 70% conversion rates of reservations, I think it will be half that if they are lucky.

If you think 70% of the people in front of you are going to do an actual order, then a new reservation now might not get delivered until early 2022. (guessing 190K reservations, averaging 5000 a week (Ford indicated that they could do more units units a week than that) x 0.70 is 27 weeks and that is from when delivery starts in June per Ford, That goes to Mid December 2021.

that is based on Fords statements and conservative numbers. Probably worst case.

If I am right and it is 35% conversion rate, everyone will have their Bronco in time to drive it to the in-laws for Thanksgiving next year.

Obviously delays can happen, but I pulled about 2000 per week average from Ford statement on production capability to account for those.

I figure about 95% who order will get a 2021 and the last 5% get a 2022MY, but delivered in 2021.

YMMV.
What month in 2021 do you think Ford will switch from MY21 to MY22.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the dealers can adjust reservations so they aren't in order, then what is to stop them from bumping someone who made a reservation today up to the top because it is a friend or they are willing to pay ADM?
I'm sure some will, if they've got a lot of reservations, moving one to the top wouldn't even get noticed by other reservation holders. I don't think you'll see any dealers go completely out of order, but I'm sure there will be some movement at some.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure some will, if they've got a lot of reservations, moving one to the top wouldn't even get noticed by other reservation holders. I don't think you'll see any dealers go completely out of order, but I'm sure there will be some movement at some.
it doesn’t matter in what order a dealer submits converted reservations. The time stamp stays with the reservation, and Ford determines the build order, not the dealership.

I know some dealerships claim they can bump people up in line, but they are stuck in “dealer allotment” thinking.
Sponsored